Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 : how to find swap utilization ? Post 302809831 by jim mcnamara on Monday 20th of May 2013 11:22:22 PM
Old 05-21-2013
Code:
swap -l

Shows you how swap is allocated and used.

Code:
swap -s

Allows you to monitor swap free space, for example.
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

syslogd 30% utilization in top, solaris 9

Hi folks, Sorry to barge in and ask a question right off the bat without contributing first. I have a V440, 4 X 1GHZ, 32GB ram, and recently syslogd has started showing 30+ % cpu usage. It's also repeating entries in the syslog, over and over. the /var/log/syslog file had grown to over 2GB - I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chugheshc
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Program to find CPU,memory and I/O utilization

Can anyone please help me regarding this .sh script: The shell script should monitor CPU,memory and I/O utilization continuously after a defined time interval and should write it in an output file like excell. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Subhayan
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Checking server swap utilization

Hey guys which is accurate in checking the servers swap utilization is it swapinfo or memdetail?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbn
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating Swap percentage utilization

Hello All, I am trying to create a script that will give me the processes that consume swap in %. i am using the below line to get it done. virtual=`echo "$virtual/$swp*100"|bc -l|sed -e "s/\(\.\).*/\1/g"` but getting the following output after running it. .039 .110 I want the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory Utilization swap and page scan

Hi, on AIX 6 , how to see : Memory Utilization Memory Page Scan Rate Swap Utilization Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

6. AIX

Find Memory Utilization in AIX Server

How to find the memory utilization of AIX server using svmon -G output. Sample output for svmon -G command from my AIX test server, size inuse free pin virtual memory 4014080 3995443 18637 575916 1876393 pg space 1179648 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maruthu
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need simpler way to find all my disk space utilization using df -h

Hi All, I am using SSH Tectia terminal to get the disk space utilization of a particular folder /opt/logs in all the servers one by one using the command df -h and looking through the list of folders manually to get /opt/logs folder disk space used percentage . The problem here is , it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aakhan2011
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Swap Solaris 5.10

I have a customers that is getting grid alerts that swap is over 95% utilized. When I do swap -l on the machine I get the following results. $ swap -l swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /swap/swapfile - 16 6291440 6291440 /swap/swapfile2 - 16 8191984... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael.McGraw
18 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory & Swap utilization

Hi All, We have a sparc server for which we always recieve memory utilization alerts. (97.01% available memory used by the partition (/MEMORY/MEMORY/MEMUsedMemPerc)). But when we check the server using prstat and vmstat the meory utilization is normal and swap space utilization is also normal.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rockyc3400
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor Core utilization in Solaris Sparc

I am trying to read the Sparc HW counter using the following command: cpustat -c Instr_cnt .1This command will be running forever (for some time until interrupted by user). Sample output is: time cpu event pic1 1.011 0 tick 6450 1.011 1 tick ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
10 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)