Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to print out the unique value? Post 302809653 by Vikram_Tanwar12 on Monday 20th of May 2013 10:23:25 AM
Old 05-20-2013
Thanks Yoda. Could you please explain it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare multiple files and print unique lines

Hi friends, I have multiple files. For now, let's say I have two of the following style cat 1.txt cat 2.txt output.txt Please note that my files are not sorted and in the output file I need another extra column that says the file from which it is coming. I have more than 100... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
19 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print unique records in 2 columns using awk

Is it possible to print the records that has only 1 value in 2nd column. Ex: input awex1 1 awex1 2 awex1 3 assww 1 ader34 1 ader34 2 output assww 1 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print unique names in each row of a specific column using awk

Is it possible to remove redundant names in the 4th column? input cqWE 100 200 singapore;singapore AZO 300 400 brazil;america;germany;ireland;germany .... .... output cqWE 100 200 singapore AZO 300 400 brazil;america;germany;ireland (4 Replies)
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print unique names in a specific column using awk

Is it possible to modify file like this. 1. Remove all the duplicate names in a define column i.e 4th col 2. Count the no.of unique names separated by ";" and print as a 5th col thanx in advance!! Q input c1 30 3 Eh2 c10 96 3 Frp c41 396 3 Ua5;Lop;Kol;Kol c62 2 30 Fmp;Fmp;Fmp ... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print unique lines without sort or unique

I would like to print unique lines without sort or unique. Unfortunately the server I am working on does not have sort or unique. I have not been able to contact the administrator of the server to ask him to add it for several weeks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines in which value in specified Col is NOT unique

Hi everyone, I have the following file, which is a 3 column tab-delineated. cat big 24 cat small 13 cat red 63 dog big 34 chicken plays 39 fish red 294 I would like to print only those lines, in which the value in Col2 is repeated. Thus, given the above input file, the desired... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print unique text in field

I am trying to use awk to print the unique entries in $2 So in the example below there are 3 lines but 2 of the lines match in $2 so only one is used in the output. File.txt chr17:29667512-29667673 NF1:exon.1;NF1:exon.2;NF1:exon.38;NF1:exon.4;NF1:exon.46;NF1:exon.47 703.807... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print unique text in field before hyphen

Trying to print the unique values in $2 before the -, currently the count is displayed. Hopefully, the below is close. Thank you :). file chr2:46603668-46603902 EPAS1-902|gc=54.3 253.1 chr2:211471445-211471675 CPS1-1205|gc=48.3 264.7 chr19:15291762-15291983 NOTCH3-1003|gc=68.8 195.8... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print count of unique values

Hello experts, I am converting a number into its binary output as : read n echo "obase=2;$n" | bc I wish to count the maximum continuous occurrences of the digit 1. Example : 1. The binary equivalent of 5 = 101. Hence the output must be 1. 2. The binary... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: H squared
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue using awk to print min values for unique ids

I am using the following script to search for and print minimum values for each individual Fields (3-14) for each unique id (Field 1). But when the field contains a "-99.99" ( I am ignoring "-99.99") and when the minimum value is the first line of a new id (Field 1), the output does not print Field... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
13 Replies
sccshelp(1)						      General Commands Manual						       sccshelp(1)

NAME
sccshelp - ask for help on SCCS commands SYNOPSIS
[arg]... DESCRIPTION
The command finds information to explain a message from an SCCS command or to explain the use of a SCCS command. Zero or more arguments can be supplied. If no arguments are given, prompts for one: The arguments can be either message numbers (which normally appear in parentheses following messages) or command names, of one of the fol- lowing types: Type 1 Begins with nonnumerics, ends in numerics. The nonnumeric prefix is usually an abbreviation for the program or set of routines which produced the message (e.g., for message 6 from the command). Type 2 Does not contain numerics (as a command, such as Type 3 Is all numeric (e.g., The response of the program is the explanatory information related to the argument, if there is any. You can use to support other commands by means of the file. To do this, create help files in the appropriate format and add the location of the helpfiles to EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the interpretation of text as single- and/or multibyte characters. determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified or is null, it defaults to the value of If is not specified or is null, it defaults to "C" (see lang(5)). If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, all internationalization variables default to "C". See environ(5). International Code Set Support Single- and multibyte character code sets are supported. DIAGNOSTICS
When all else fails, try EXAMPLES
If you enter the SCCS command without parameters, you would get the message: If you request help for the command: it displays: If you request help for the error number: it displays: WARNINGS
Only SCCS commands currently use FILES
Directory containing files of message text List of commands supported by sccshelp File containing the locations of help files that are not in the directory sccshelp(1)