Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Putting mysql column value in variable Post 302809523 by juve11 on Monday 20th of May 2013 03:50:48 AM
Old 05-20-2013
Putting mysql column value in variable

Hello,
i have the following code :

Code:
somevariable=`mysql -u root --password="" databasename -e "select count(column_name) from table_name where id=1 and id_age=2 ; " --skip-column-names -s -N`
			if [[  $somevariable -eq 0 ]] 
			then  ....

It gives the message

Code:
")syntax error: invalid arithmetic operator (error token is "

Could be that i don't have a mysql password and the syntax is wrong in that case?

Thank you!

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 05-20-2013 at 07:15 AM.. Reason: code tags

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separating values from a file and putting to a variable

I am writing into a file testfile.txt values like ./XXXXXXCZ1/tprcm10c.bin ./XXXXXXCZ1_HOT/tprcm09c.bin ./XXXXXXCZ_cold/tprcm05c.bin I want to store the values of tprcm*.bin and XXXXXXCZ* in separate variables Can anybody Pls hlp me out with this ... Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

putting grep -c results number in a variable

I want to display "no results found" if a grep search of a name that the user inputs is not found anywhere in a certain file, Right now I have this, but doesn't seem to work. Im not sure what to change. read name results=grep -c $name file if ; then echo "No results found." exit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: busdude
1 Replies

3. Programming

declare a variable in mysql

i have created a script to insert 100K rows into mysql db. But the forst line where i declare the variable is giving error. I am new to mysql. Can anyone help me in this? the script is ====================================== DECLARE c INT(10) := 54; BEGIN WHILE c <... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
4 Replies

4. Web Development

Mysql question: Best way to update a column containing 8 million rows

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knew a good/safe way to update a single column in a table that could contain upto 8 million rows... simple command like: UPDATE set blah=foo where bar=XXX; I will be running this on tables being written to and tables that have already been created. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text file -> fixed column -> MySQL DB

Hi ! I have searched in the forum, but i'm not able to combine various solution to help me ! My problem is very simple for a bash scripter or a old linux man, but not for me (novice and inexperienced). I need to store in a mysql database the output of "last" command, but the table where i need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: axl936
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract data from Column having variable length column

Hi , I need to extract data from below mentioned data, having no delimiter and havin no fixed column length. For example: Member nbr Ref no date 10000 1000 10202012 200000 2000 11202012 Output: to update DB with memeber nbr on basis of ref no. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ns64110
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update a mysql column via bash script

Hello, I want to check the value of all MySQL columns.(column name is "status") via bash script. If value is "0" at I want to make only single column value to "1" I have many "0" values on mysql database(on "status" column) "0" means it is a draft post. I want to publish a post. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tara123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking nth column and putting its value in n+1 column using awk

Hello Members, Need your expert opinion how to tackle below. I have an input file that looks like below: USS|AWCC|AFGAW|93|70 USSAA|Roshan TDCA|AFGTD|93|72,79 ALB|Vodafone|ALBVF|355|69 ALGEE|Wataniya (Nedjma)|DZAWT|213|50,550 I like output file in below format: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umarsatti
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)