Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C: lenght of array
Top Forums Programming C: lenght of array Post 302808993 by migurus on Friday 17th of May 2013 09:41:30 PM
Old 05-17-2013
Yes, you have to keep a variable wich keeps number of elements in your array.

In many situations I find it convenient to hold ptr to array and counter together in one simple structure. If element of an array is a struct itself then I add another int to my structure to hold sizeof of one element. This way you can have a lib function to init an array, to add an element to it etc...
This User Gave Thanks to migurus For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

how can change udp lenght?

How can change udp lenght? Hello. I have FreeBsd 4.7 and i want to change udp datagramm lenght. Where it can be? What i must do? I can rebuild my core but it is not good for me. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vvlad
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove files with zero lenght

How to remove files with zero lenght with one or more commands from the same directory? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GNMIKE
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we convert a '|' file into a fixed lenght???

Hi All, I have a pipe separated flat file.But there is often some problem with the records.So is it possible to convert the '|' separated file into a fixed length file by means of some script. The file has 11 columns which means 10 pipes.Your help is appreciated. i'm using Sun OS Version... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
2 Replies

4. Programming

Creating an array to hold posix thread ids: Only dynamic array works

I am facing a strange error while creating posix threads: Given below are two snippets of code, the first one works whereas the second one gives a garbage value in the output. Snippet 1 This works: -------------- int *threadids; threadids = (int *) malloc (num_threads * sizeof(int)); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmehta
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort based on string lenght.

I'm not familiar with find. If i use find in a certain directory i want it to show based on hierarchy. find . type d fol1 fol1/subfol1 fol1/subfol1/subfol1 fol2 fol2/subfol2 i want it to show like this fol1/subfol1/subfol1 fol1/subfol1 fol1 fol2/subfol2 fol2 do i need to use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryandegreat25
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NIS username max lenght

Hi I want to know the maximum length of user name under NIS? I tried googling but it didnt help :(. If there is any command to find out this please let me know. I know on unix user name should be 8 characters long but just i want to know if i can have 9 letter user under mapped under NIS. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn shell display lenght problem!!! i got stuck on this

Using the KSH, write a shell script called display_by_length, which takes an absolute pathname to a directory and displays all ordinary files in the directory ordered by their length; for each file listed, display the name of the file and its length - nothing else. Extend this script to take an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: babuda0059
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check input for lenght, special characters and letter case

I made menu script for users so they can run other script without going in shell just from menu. But i must control their input. These are criteria: Input must have 4 signs First two signs are always lower case letters Input shall not have some special signs just letters and numbers ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waso
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to find lenght of fixed width file record?

actually i am trying to find the lenght of fixed width file record reading from teradata db but its not working can u guys help me out? code which i wrote--- colmn_lngth=`cat $RPT_FILE | awk -F~ '{print $1}'` rm $RPT_FILE while read line do result=`echo $line | wc -m` ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seshendranath
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash 3.2 - Array / Regex - IF 3rd member in array ends in 5 digits then do somthing...

Trying to do some control flow parsing based on the index postion of an array member. Here is the pseudo code I am trying to write in (preferably in pure bash) where possible. I am thinking regex with do the trick, but need a little help. pesudo code if == ENDSINFIVEINTS ]]; then do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
4 Replies
ARRAY_INTERSECT_ASSOC(3)						 1						  ARRAY_INTERSECT_ASSOC(3)

array_intersect_assoc - Computes the intersection of arrays with additional index check

SYNOPSIS
array array_intersect_assoc (array $array1, array $array2, [array $...]) DESCRIPTION
array_intersect_assoc(3) returns an array containing all the values of $array1 that are present in all the arguments. Note that the keys are used in the comparison unlike in array_intersect(3). PARAMETERS
o $array1 - The array with master values to check. o $array2 - An array to compare values against. o $... - A variable list of arrays to compare. RETURN VALUES
Returns an associative array containing all the values in $array1 that are present in all of the arguments. EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_intersect_assoc(3) example <?php $array1 = array("a" => "green", "b" => "brown", "c" => "blue", "red"); $array2 = array("a" => "green", "b" => "yellow", "blue", "red"); $result_array = array_intersect_assoc($array1, $array2); print_r($result_array); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [a] => green ) In our example you see that only the pair "a" => "green" is present in both arrays and thus is returned. The value "red" is not returned because in $array1 its key is 0 while the key of "red" in $array2 is 1, and the key "b" is not returned because its values are different in each array. The two values from the key => value pairs are considered equal only if (string) $elem1 === (string) $elem2 . In other words a strict type check is executed so the string representation must be the same. SEE ALSO
array_intersect(3), array_uintersect_assoc(3), array_intersect_uassoc(3), array_uintersect_uassoc(3), array_diff(3), array_diff_assoc(3). PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_INTERSECT_ASSOC(3)