Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to grep with certain condition? Post 302808889 by Yoda on Friday 17th of May 2013 04:40:37 PM
Old 05-17-2013
Then call getline 4 times:
Code:
awk -F'[<>]' '/Source id="S1"/{getline;getline;getline;getline;sub(/[a-z_]*%/,"%",$3);sub(/%\..*/,"%",$3);print $3}' xmlfile

---------- Post updated at 15:40 ---------- Previous update was at 15:38 ----------

Forget getline, here is a much better approach:
Code:
awk -F'[<>]' '/Source id="S1"/{f=1}f&&/<FileMask>/{sub(/[a-z_]*%/,"%",$3);sub(/%\..*/,"%",$3);print $3;exit}' xmlfile

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep command with AND condition

I want to do a grep with AND condition. I have three files. file1.txt ======== UNIX ...... WINDOWS ........ ORACLE file2.txt ======== UNIX ....... WINDOWS ...and many such files in a directory (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
6 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

Grep line above X condition

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have to grep a data file called datebook.txt. The last information in each line is a salary. I have to grep all the lines which precede those lines with 6 figure salaries. I can't SID it, or use Perl. It has to be grep (or egrep or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrSammyD
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep inside if condition - need help

hi i need help with below code. if ] then log "Exiting the script as ID= NULL" log "Please run script first." fi i am calling grep inside this but its not running any ideas why ?? input file is like this -- Msg 102, Level 20, State 1: Server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep in the if condition

Hi, In this code can able to match the pattern without case sensitive. Is that possible? if u knw plz help me... code: echo "Enter name to search" read n if ; echo "name found" else echo "Not Found" fi (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: boopal
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep not equal to condition

I have below files under dir_a and dir_b and i want to sort out number of dir_a and dir_b files seperately and if i do the grep it should retrun 2 files in dir_a and 1 file in dir_b. /dir_a/12345678 /dir_a/87654321 /dir_a/dir_b/12345687 But i am getting cat file|grep dir_a|wc -l 3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Where condition in grep or awk?

Dear All, I need help.. I am having a csv file. Home_TITLE,People_TITLE,Repo_ALIAS HMN5530,RKY5807,/mine_repo/rike001 HMN5530,SRY6443,/mine_repo/rike001 HMN5530,ARDY001,/mine_repo/rike001 If i have two value in varible RKY5807, HMN5530. how can fetch and store another value... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep certain lines with condition

file input aaaa,52C aaaa,50C bbbb,50C bbbb,58C aaaa,52C bbbb,50C aaaa,30C bbbb,58C cccc,60C i want to print uniq lines with its max value of column2 expected output aaaa,52C bbbb,58C cccc,60C tks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep with condition

I have file input AAAA_XX_Start> rlong . 0W 130526-11:36:13 10.128.13.226 9.0j RBS_NODE_MODEL_N_1_50 stopfile=/tmp/13019 .. ================================================================================================================= MO ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combining grep patterns with OR condition?!

Hello! I have a question about how to combine patterns in grep commands with the OR operator. So I have this little assignment here: Provide a regular expression that matches email addresses for San Jose City College faculty. A San Jose City college faculty’s email address takes the form:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalpcalp
1 Replies
PACEMAKER(8)						  System Administration Utilities					      PACEMAKER(8)

NAME
Pacemaker - Part of the Pacemaker cluster resource manager SYNOPSIS
crm_diff original_xml operation [options] DESCRIPTION
crm_diff - A utility for comparing Pacemaker configurations (XML format) The tool produces a custom (diff-like) output which it can also apply like a patch OPTIONS
-?, --help This text -$, --version Version information -V, --verbose Increase debug output Original XML: -o, --original=value XML is contained in the named file -O, --original-string=value XML is contained in the supplied string Operation: -n, --new=value Compare the original XML to the contents of the named file -N, --new-string=value Compare the original XML to the contents of the supplied string -p, --patch=value Patch the original XML with the contents of the named file Additional Options: -c, --cib Compare/patch the inputs as a CIB (includes versions details) -f, --filter Suppress irrelevant differences between the two inputs EXAMPLES
Obtain the two different configuration files by running cibadmin on the two cluster setups to compare: # cibadmin --query > cib-old.xml # cibadmin --query > cib-new.xml Calculate and save the difference between the two files: # crm_diff --original cib-old.xml --new cib-new.xml > patch.xml Apply the patch to the original file: # crm_diff --original cib-old.xml --patch patch.xml > updated.xml Apply the patch to the running cluster: # cibadmin --patch patch.xml AUTHOR
Written by Andrew Beekhof REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org Pacemaker 1.1.7 April 2012 PACEMAKER(8)