Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Boot Loaders Where to get windows 7 iso file of repair? Post 302808849 by DGPickett on Friday 17th of May 2013 03:53:21 PM
Old 05-17-2013
I use something on a CD called UBCD 5.03 Rescue Repair CD. I suppose they might have it for stix. Saved my Windows 7-64 at least three times so far. http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Edit an ISO / dd file?

Just trying to come up with a solution to something I'm trying... Does anyone know if it's possible to edit the contents of an ISO image? Or a file created using the dd command? What am I trying to do? - Well, I had the idea that if I took the FreeBSD "mini.iso" - I could strip out the bits... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
4 Replies

2. SCO

making an iso file...

can i make an iso file from my DAT tape? pref .ISO? the thing is .. i have an 5.0.7 and a complete backup of hd (cpio cmd) on to tape (find . -depth -print | cpio -oVcB -C 20480 -O /dev/rStp0) that i made after booting from boot&root floppies now i want to take this backup and dump it on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asafronit
5 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows XP recovery/repair mode

hello again all, assume I can not log in to the windows installation, (maybe) because of a system file corruption or failure.. however, I do log in to the system using the windows CD with R (repair) mode, that is the command line prompt. Is there a way in that command prompt to copy the files... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
10 Replies

4. AIX

which windows tool can burn iso file?

which windows tool can burn iso file? The iso file is download from IBM web site for HMC upgrade. How to burn this iso file to cd or dvd? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to make boot.iso image from rhel6 installation dvd iso ?

Hello Everyone, Can anyone let me know how to make minimal boot.iso from rhl6 installation dvd iso image. I have a dvd image with me but i want to make just a minimal boot media. Somehow it is not shipped with dvd iso. I know we can download boot.iso from redhat site but is there any anyway we... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
5 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Can I create Windows repair software in USB rather than CD?

My CD drive isn't working. So, is there any way to create windows recovery/repair software in flash drive/usb. This is the s/w which we use if system fails to boot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
1 Replies

7. Boot Loaders

Can I test windows 7 repair usb even if windows is fine?

I successfully created a bootable windows 7 repair usb. Please clarify me: I rebooted my system via USB. windows repair window appeared. There were 5 options. I opted 'windows memory diagnostic' and it worked fine. There was an option named 'start up repair'. This option can be used if windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

.ISO file extension

I am hoping that someone will give me information on opening and installing Ubuntu to run beside Windows 7 on my computer. I downloaded Ubuntu-14.04-desktop-i386, but it came as an .ISO file, and I have no idea how to open it to install it. Please Help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnBaxter
7 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Repair windows 8.0 ntfs partition

I have a 1TB HD, suspect it had bad sectors and blocks... it was pre-installed with windows 8.0.. I was able to boot up ubuntu and looked at the partitions and run a badblocks comand to verify secotors, after getting a serious of Input and Output errors mounting the partition and doing any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
2 Replies
STG-REPAIR(1)							   StGit Manual 						     STG-REPAIR(1)

NAME
stg-repair - Fix StGit metadata if branch was modified with git commands SYNOPSIS
stg repair DESCRIPTION
If you modify an StGit stack (branch) with some git commands -- such as commit, pull, merge, and rebase -- you will leave the StGit metadata in an inconsistent state. In that situation, you have two options: 1. Use "stg undo" to undo the effect of the git commands. (If you know what you are doing and want more control, "git reset" or similar will work too.) 2. Use "stg repair". This will fix up the StGit metadata to accomodate the modifications to the branch. Specifically, it will do the following: o If you have made regular git commits on top of your stack of StGit patches, "stg repair" makes new StGit patches out of them, preserving their contents. o However, merge commits cannot become patches; if you have committed a merge on top of your stack, "repair" will simply mark all patches below the merge unapplied, since they are no longer reachable. If this is not what you want, use "stg undo" to get rid of the merge and run "stg repair" again. o The applied patches are supposed to be precisely those that are reachable from the branch head. If you have used e.g. "git reset" to move the head, some applied patches may no longer be reachable, and some unapplied patches may have become reachable. "stg repair" will correct the appliedness of such patches. "stg repair" will fix these inconsistencies reliably, so as long as you like what it does, you have no reason to avoid causing them in the first place. For example, you might find it convenient to make commits with a graphical tool and then have "stg repair" make proper patches of the commits. Note If using git commands on the stack was a mistake, running "stg repair" is not what you want. In that case, what you want is option (1) above. STGIT
Part of the StGit suite - see linkman:stg[1] StGit 03/13/2012 STG-REPAIR(1)