Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Moving boot SSD from a dead server to a new server Post 302808753 by Shrogg on Friday 17th of May 2013 12:24:37 PM
Old 05-17-2013
Have you tried booting to a RHEL 5 DVD to see if the installation process will recognize that there is already an installation on the disk?
This User Gave Thanks to Shrogg For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

moving to new server

I'm moving an application from an old RS6000 running 4.3.2 to a p5 running 5.3. Could someone point me a the direction on docs to perform such a function? Critical OS files, moving of printers and print queues especially. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sullivjp
5 Replies

2. Solaris

boot server / install server

I have a compaq evo n400c. This computer has no cdrom or floppy drive. In order to boot from thumb drive i need to update bios. The only way to boot is network boot from my desktop. I am trying to follow a guide JumpStart Server Configuration ? Solaris 10 I am a bit confused at this steps. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kc2dws
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files from one server to another server every 5 min

HI All, I am trying to automate my stuff to make 'to-do-easier'. I am new to shell scripting. I need help to you regarding the below problem. I have one directory in my server, frequently files will store in that directory. I want to move that files into another server on every 5... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravvamohan
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving a database from one server to another

I hope I'm posting this in the correct section. I'm trying to move a database from one server to another. This is the code I'm using... tar czf - vbdatabase.sql | ssh username@full.domain.com 'cat > /home/cpanelusername/vbdatabase.tar.gz ... but all I'm getting is a ">" and then nothing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chimpie
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris Server dectects EMC dead path and send mail immediately

taus-itcapp1#powermt display dev=all Pseudo name=emcpower0a CLARiiON ID=APM00105201788 Logical device ID=60060160B2202B001094F0E0AF5CE011 state=alive; policy=CLAROpt; priority=0; queued-IOs=0; Owner: default=SP A, current=SP A Array failover mode: 1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: orafup
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Key Points when Moving from Server A to Server B??

Hi Everyone, I'm still learning daily about UNIX (specifically Solaris 10). I'm tasked with moving my current application and database from Datacenter A to Datacenter B. There will be no updates and no changes other than a new server and new location. So far, I have Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smckech1972
3 Replies

7. Programming

Problem with Perl script after moving from a Windows/Apache Server to a UNIX server.

I have a Perl script that worked fine before moving it to justhost.com. It was on a Windows/Apache server. Just host is using UNIX. Other Perl scripts on other sites that were also moved work fine so I know Perl is functioning. The script is called cwrmail.pl and is located in my cgi-bin. When I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigBobbyB
9 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Dead server, need to restore few files

Hi, One of my Linux server running Redhat version 3 is dead. I already build the new server but I need to get few of the license files from the old server. Currently, I booted the old server using the CDROM. But when I go to /mnt/sysimage/var, I don't see any of files? I also went to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving Virtual Machine Files from one SSD to Another

Hello All, I recently bought a new 500GB Samsung SSD drive to replace my current (*at that time) internal 256GB OCZ SSD drive. Everyday I run my Windows virtual machine (*as guest) from my Linux OS (*OpenSuSE 11.4 as host) using VMware Player. I run the VM from an External SSD drive... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
7 Replies
installboot(1M) 														   installboot(1M)

NAME
installboot - install bootblocks in a disk partition SYNOPSIS
installboot bootblk raw-disk-device The boot(1M) program, ufsboot, is loaded from disk by the bootblock program which resides in the boot area of a disk partition. The ufs boot objects are platform-dependent, and reside in the /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory. The platform name can be found using the -i option of uname(1). The installboot utility is a SPARC only program. It is not supported on the architecture. users should use installgrub(1M) instead. bootblk The name of the bootblock code. raw-disk-device The name of the disk device onto which the bootblock code is to be installed; it must be a character device which is read- able and writable. Naming conventions for a SCSI or IPI drive are c?t?d?s? and c?d?s? for an IDE drive. Example 1: Installing UFS Boot Block To install a ufs boot block on slice 0 of target 0 on controller 1 of the platform where the command is being run, use: example# installboot /usr/platform/`uname -i`/lib/fs/ufs/bootblk /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0 /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory where ufs boot objects reside. /platform/platform-name/ufsboot second level program to boot from a disk or CD See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ od(1), uname(1), boot(1M), init(1M), kadb(1M), kernel(1M), monitor(1M), reboot(1M), rpc.bootparamd(1M), init.d(4), attributes(5) WARNINGS
The installboot utility fails if the bootblk or openfirmware files do not exist or if the raw disk device is not a character device. 11 Apr 2005 installboot(1M)