Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Processor Compatibility Mode
Operating Systems AIX Processor Compatibility Mode Post 302808689 by zaxxon on Friday 17th of May 2013 08:55:40 AM
Old 05-17-2013
Might sound stupid, but have you been in the correct place ie. in the profiles definition?

From some documentation:
Quote:
  • Select the LPAR and deactivate it.
  • Go to Configuration -> Manage Profiles.
  • Select the profile that needs to be activated.
  • Go to Processors, change the Processor compatibility mode: to the required setting and boot it using the same profile.
There is some steps in it, that might help to identify the problem:
Verifying the processor compatibility mode of the mobile partition

Have no HMC at hand like Michael, sorry.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix & Processor compatibility

subject is self explanitory... can i install Unix on a system w/ and AMD processor (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goliath3021
1 Replies

2. AIX

LPAR processor/virtual processor settings

Question is on setting of Physical and Virtual processors for LPARs to make proper use of virtualization capabilities. Environment is a 8-way p570 with 4 LPARs. lparVIO1 and lparVIO2: AIX 5300-04-01 Mode/Type= Shared-SMT/Capped Minimum Processors= 0.10 Desired Processors= 0.50 Maximum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guttew
1 Replies

3. AIX

Processor and processor core

Guys... Hows it going??? I have been going through the hardware spec of IBM system p systems.. and here i am confused for IBM Power 520 Express it says Processor cores: One, two or four 64-bit 4.2 GHz POWER6 with AltiVec™ SIMD and Hardware Decimal Floating-Point acceleration ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is the difference between single line mode and multiline mode in Regular expressions?

Hi All, Can please let me know what is the difference between the single line mode and multi line mode in regular expresions? Thanks, Chidhambaram B (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidhu.anu
3 Replies

5. SCO

SCO Unix 5.0.6 SATA in compatibility mode

I am very new to SCO Unix so I apologize if this is a easy or dumb question. I have a 160GB SATA hard drive and SATA CD-ROM drive connected to one of my systems. I have both the drives running in compatibility mode. I also have the hard drive set as a primary master and the CD-ROM drive set as... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: NPIGuy
10 Replies

6. Solaris

DNS service is in maintenance mode. How to bring it back to online mode?

:confused: when i tried to look the status of DNS-client, it is in maintenance mode..... Please tell me how to bring it back to online mode...PLEASE TELL ME STEP BY STEP.... PLEASE... :wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

7. AIX

Change processor compatibility mode without hmc

Hello, One of my colleagues is working on a p730 without HMC, only one LPAR has all resources. The server is showing some issues with Informix (10.00 & 11.50), the same config (OS & IFX) works perfectly on Power6 so I would like to ask him to change the processor compatibility mode to power6 on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fapl
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

From a C++ application how to find if a hpux host is in standard mode or trusted mode

is there a way for my C++ application to find out which mode the hpux OS is running in? standard mode or trusted mode. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: einsteinBrain
3 Replies

9. Web Development

Set Edge Compatibility Mode for IE

hi i have code in iplanet webserver in obj.conf file <If $uri !~'^/app/literature/item/(.*)'> AuthTrans fn="set-variable" insert-srvhdrs="X-UA-Compatible:IE=EmulateIE8" </If> i want to migrate it to apache webserver need your help to replace the above code for apache webserver. i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
0 Replies
lint(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  lint(1B)

NAME
lint - C program verifier SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/lint [options] DESCRIPTION
/usr/ucb/lint is the interface to the BSD Compatibility Package C program verifier. It is a script that looks for the link /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint to the C program verifier. /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint is available only with the SPROcc package, whose default location is /opt/SUNWspro. /usr/ucb/lint is identical to /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint, except that BSD headers are used and BSD libraries are linked before base libraries. The /opt/SUNWspro/man/man1/lint.1 man page is available only with the SPROcc package. OPTIONS
/usr/ucb/lint accepts the same options as /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint, with the following exceptions: -Idir Search dir for included files whose names do not begin with a slash (/) prior to searching the usual directories. The directories for multiple -I options are searched in the order specified. The preprocessor first searches for #include files in the directory containing sourcefile, and then in directories named with -I options (if any), then /usr/ucbinclude, and finally, in /usr/include. -Ldir Add dir to the list of directories searched for libraries by /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint. This option is passed to /usr/ccs/bin/ld. Directories specified with this option are searched before /usr/ucblib and /usr/lib. -Y P, dir Change the default directory used for finding libraries. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/usr/lint/bin/ld link editor /usr/lib/libc C library /usr/ucbinclude BSD Compatibility directory for header files /usr/ucblib BSD Compatibility directory for libraries /usr/ucblib/libucb BSD Compatibility C library /usr/lib/libsocket library containing socket routines /usr/lib/libnsl library containing network functions /usr/lib/libelf library containing routines to process ELF object files /usr/lib/libaio library containing asynchronous I/O routines ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ld(1), a.out(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Feb 1995 lint(1B)