Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX LTO5 Catridge 1.5 TB Natvie capactiy unable to hold 1.44TB data in one volume Post 302808641 by m_raheelahmed on Friday 17th of May 2013 06:32:08 AM
Old 05-17-2013
Its Terabyte

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Playing with Volume of data

Quick problem statement: How to read/extract data from a big-big file. Details: We are having a big big problemo in the work we are working at. We are using solaris plarform E25. There is a very big file created somewhere around 200 million records anad the lenght of each record is more than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshanw
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Unable To Extend the Size of a Logical Volume File System

Background: # uname -a HP-UX deedee B.11.23 U ia64 4294967295 unlimited-user license deedee.rsn.hp.com:/ # bdf /opt Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg00/lvol6 6553600 6394216 158144 98% /opt /opt is almost full... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rob Sandifer
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to deactivate a Volume Group

We want to deactivate a VG but failed, because one of the LVs created there is busy. When we are trying to unmount the LV, it is telling "not mounted" and if I execute mount command it will be informing us "already mounted". dmsetup info is indicating "Open Count = 1". Please help me, how we... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to reduce the size of volume group?

My volume group of size 200 gb. out of which only 100 gb is used by 2 logical volumes /dev/vg00/lvol0 and /dev/vg00/lvol0 respectively (both are 50 gb each). Whenever i use vgreduce command to reduce the size of volume group i get below error. # vgreduce vg00 -a Physical volume... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
16 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion Regarding Physical Volume,Volume Group,Logical Volume,Physical partition

Hi, I am new to unix. I am working on Red Hat Linux and side by side on AIX also. After reading the concepts of Storage, I am now really confused regarding the terminologies 1)Physical Volume 2)Volume Group 3)Logical Volume 4)Physical Partition Please help me to understand these concepts. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
6 Replies

6. Solaris

[SOLVED] How to initialize LTO5 Tape Drive?

Hi, We replaced one of our tape drives (attached to a SPARC Server) with an LTO5 one (external, attached vi SAS). Manually we check (using tar) that the OS can write data to the Tape Drive, however, the application backup is failing. Since the application takes its own backup, the apps team... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
0 Replies

7. AIX

Slow listing of LTo5 tape contents

Hi, We are taking our filesystem backup having size of 1.3 TB on LTO5 catridges using the following command find * -print|backup -ivf '/dev/rmt0' '-U' i.e backup byname and it took about 6.5 Hours to complete When we are listing same tape contents using the following command restore... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
1 Replies

8. AIX

Unable to extend volume group(VG)

Would some help me on this below I am trying to extend file system on AIX and however unable to extend the file system. 0516-306 extendvg: Unable to find physical volume 20 in the Device Configuration Database. 0516-321 extendvg: Physical volume u01-lv is not configured. 0516-792... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: murali969
15 Replies

9. AIX

/usr/sbin/extendvg: Unable to extend volume group

Dear Expret, Help me about my issue, I trying add new disk to volume Group but error: step add new disk to volume group. 1. ~Change a Volume Group Add a Physical Volume to a Volume Group Remove a Physical Volume from a Volume Group Reorganize a Volume Group... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: williamen
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output large volume of data to CSV file

I have a program that output the ownership and permission on each directory and file on the server to a csv file. I am getting error message when I run the program. The program is not outputting to the csv file. Error: the file access permissions do not allow the specified action cannot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
2 Replies
Term::Size::Any(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Term::Size::Any(3pm)

NAME
Term::Size::Any - Retrieve terminal size SYNOPSIS
# the traditional way use Term::Size::Any qw( chars pixels ); ($columns, $rows) = chars *STDOUT{IO}; ($x, $y) = pixels; DESCRIPTION
This is a unified interface to retrieve terminal size. It loads one module of a list of known alternatives, each implementing some way to get the desired terminal information. This loaded module will actually do the job on behalf of "Term::Size::Any". Thus, "Term::Size::Any" depends on the availability of one of these modules: Term::Size (soon to be supported) Term::Size::Perl Term::Size::ReadKey (soon to be supported) Term::Size::Win32 This release fallbacks to Term::Size::Win32 if running in Windows 32 systems. For other platforms, it uses the first of Term::Size::Perl, Term::Size or Term::Size::ReadKey which loads successfully. (To be honest, I disabled the fallback to Term::Size and Term::Size::ReadKey which are buggy by now.) FUNCTIONS The traditional interface is by importing functions "chars" and "pixels" into the caller's space. chars ($columns, $rows) = chars($h); $columns = chars($h); "chars" returns the terminal size in units of characters corresponding to the given filehandle $h. If the argument is omitted, *STDIN{IO} is used. In scalar context, it returns the terminal width. pixels ($x, $y) = pixels($h); $x = pixels($h); "pixels" returns the terminal size in units of pixels corresponding to the given filehandle $h. If the argument is omitted, *STDIN{IO} is used. In scalar context, it returns the terminal width. Many systems with character-only terminals will return "(0, 0)". SEE ALSO
It all began with Term::Size by Tim Goodwin. You may want to have a look at: Term::Size Term::Size::Perl Term::Size::Win32 Term::Size::ReadKey BUGS
Please reports bugs via CPAN RT, via web http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=Term-Size-Any or e-mail to bug-Term-Size-Any@rt.cpan.org. AUTHOR
Adriano R. Ferreira, <ferreira@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2008 by Adriano R. Ferreira This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-21 Term::Size::Any(3pm)