Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris ZCAT xxx.Z|tar -xvf - decompression slow ? Post 302808639 by MadeInGermany on Friday 17th of May 2013 06:15:15 AM
Old 05-17-2013
A T2000 operating at 1 GHz runs the CPU at 0.5 GHz.
So it should be a factor 2-3 slower than a V880.
The power of the T2000 (Niagara architecture) is: it can run more of these jobs simultaneously without noticeable speed reduction.
The T5 successors have higher GHz or "single-thread performance", and the memory interface is better, too.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

'tar -xvf' command filled up /dev/root

On a newly configured hp unix server, I got the following error while I was trying to untar a file: tar -xvf 9201rdbms.tar .... /htc_ora_prod/stage9.2.0_64bit/Disk2/stage/Components/oracle.rdbms.seeddb.compoltp/9.2.0.1.0/1/DataFiles/Expanded/seed/templates/Transaction_Processing.dfj, 174282115... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: YuChing
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a file from XXX.tar.Z

Hi All can u please let me know how to delete a file from XXX.tar.Z file with out uncompressing this file. thanks in advance. --Bali (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xxx.tar.gz error

Hi All, We have taken data backup using gzip but when we try to restore from ex:xxx.tar.gz file got below error. invalid compressed data--crc error and invalid compressed data--length error How to recover my original data. Thanks in advance for your suggestion (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
1 Replies

4. Solaris

tar -xvf is showing error

Hi, When i am trying to untar a file for installation its showing an error like tar -xvf te_agent__sparc.en_tar.gz tar: directory checksum error Please help me to solve this issue........... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
10 Replies

5. AIX

tar -xvf doesnt work

Hello Im trying to extract this file tar -xvf opt-samba-base.tar.tar tar: 0511-169 A directory checksum error on media; 0 not equal to 75420. but I get that message I tried algo with gunzip and uncompress but nothing happens gunzip -d opt-samba-base.tar.tar gunzip:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GNU tar automatic gz detection/decompression

I stumbled on this feature on a SLES10 system yesterday... if you tar tf filename.tar.gz or tar xf filename.tar.gz it automatically gunzips the data for you. Has this feature been around for a while? I have 1.12 on my system, which doesn't, but the 1.20 manual mentions it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Annihilannic
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I look help in tar xvf

Dears, I have copied one compressed file from one directory to another directory say finame.txt.tar.gz copied from FirstDirectory to SecondDirecory cd FirstDirectory / cp finame.txt.tar.gz SecondDirecory cd SecondDirecory/ once i do gunzip to finame.txt.tar.gz it, the file got... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: faiz
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar xvf to a different directory?

Hi all, I have a tar file that was done with tar -cvf <tar_file> /directory. Is there any way that I can untar this, i.e. tar -xvf <tar_file> into a different directory? So far Google said you can't do tar -xvf to a different directory. Unfortunately, am not the one doing the tar -cvf... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tar xvf in file

Good afternoom, I have a file very big, when I execute tar xvf XXXXXX_2010.tar, and show me this in the screen. x XXXXXX_2010_(01_DE_18).ixf, 3330845041 bytes, 6505557 media blocks. x XXXXXX_2010_(02_DE_18).ixf, 3336071703 bytes, 6515766 media blocks. x XXXXXX_2010_(03_DE_18).ixf, 3333011013... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
3 Replies
SHAPE_TAR(1)						      General Commands Manual						      SHAPE_TAR(1)

NAME
shape_tar - shapeTools RMS bundle up subsystem in a tar or shar archive SYNOPSIS
shape tar[VERSIONS=<version_selection_rule>] [ARCHIVE=<filename>] shape shar[VERSIONS=<version_selection_rule>] [ARCHIVE=<filename>] DESCRIPTION
Shape tar and shape shar create a tar or a shar archive containing all source components of the current node in the system tree. All source components listed in the COMPONENTS macro in the Makefile and the release identification file (VERSIONFILE) are written to the archive. Components of subsystems are not included in the archive file. The VERSIONS macro may be set to specify a version selection rule to be active during archive file creation. Default is most_recent, selecting the most recent version of each component. See shape_stdrul(7) or the $(SHAPELIBPATH)/stdrules for other possible settings. You may also use self defined version selection rules as VERSIONS. ARCHIVE is the base name of the file where the output shall be written to. Default is $(SUBSYSTEMNAME). The output file gets the filename extension .tar (resp. .shar). When ARCHIVE=- is given, data will be written to standard output. SEE ALSO
shape_RMS(1), shape_stdrul(7) FILES
$(SUBSYSTEMNAME).tar $(SUBSYSTEMNAME).shar 20.7.119 SHAPE_TAR(1)