Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Script to check the memory usage in AIX Post 302808369 by System Admin 77 on Thursday 16th of May 2013 01:52:13 PM
Old 05-16-2013
Script to check the memory usage in AIX

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for a efficient script that monitors the memory usage on AIX and send email alerts when it reaches certain point.

Q) need to get alerts, when the memory usage exceed 90% on AIX?

or

Q) Need to get alerts when available free Memory is 1G or 10% etc

Any idea is highly appreciated...and helpful to me

Thanks,
Mahijeet

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory Usage in AIX

Hi All, I have a question, can you guys please help me by giving your valuable suggestons: I am using AIX 5L, running oracle 7 version. I need to increase the oracle memory to 40 MB more. Currently Oracle occupies 260M. I wanted to know whether I can increase the memory without any problem.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kollam68
1 Replies

2. AIX

Memory Usage in AIX

Hi All, I have a question, can you guys please help me by giving your valuable suggestons: I am using AIX 5L, running oracle 7 version. I need to increase the oracle memory to 40 MB more. Currently Oracle occupies 260M. I wanted to know whether I can increase the memory without any problem.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kollam68
3 Replies

3. Programming

how to use ioctl to check out memory usage

Hi all, I tried to output memory usage information while the process is executing at a particular time. I found out some people suggesting calling the ioctl. I followed it and wrote a test example: #include <unistd.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <iostream.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lanchen
2 Replies

4. AIX

Memory usage on AIX

How to check the memory usage on AIX by various processes? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aajmani
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 5.3 Physical Memory usage

Hi, I have AIX 5.3TL8 two node cluster using HACMP and have 10g database using RAW devices. I am seeing gradual increase in comp% memory everyday and it reaches 100% and evicts the node, we had 4 evictions in 40days. I am pasting vmstat and vmo output, anyone seen this issue? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navin7386
5 Replies

7. Linux

how to check memory usage ?

hello, I have purchased VPS from one webhosting company. VPS comes with Virtuozzo power panel. It has 512MB gurranted RAM and dynamic RAM 2048 MB. I have hosted single domain with 50MB database and wordpress installation. But I am getting resource alerts. It goes sometime in yellow... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrugesh78
8 Replies

8. AIX

Memory usage in AIX server

Hi All, I have some questions regarding the performance, MEMORY/ Virtual Memory (paging /swap space) Please see the nmon-MEMORY stats from my AIX LPAR. 24 GB --> RAM 3456 MB --> Paging Space │ Memory ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────── │... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Memory Usage check

Hello Friends, I need to check memory usage & availability before I could run a program if there is enough memory is left or not, so how could i achieve this? Which command output i should rely on? I have diplayed outputs of SAR, VMstat and PRstat commands below, But how could i check memory... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can I check actual memory usage each Process?

I can't check actual memory usage in the Redhat 5.5... The used memory is 14214 Mb of Total 15919 by Free -m command. I sum the RSS value on PS aux command result and the value is 5428.66Mb. Yes It's quite different actual usage memory and RSS value. So I added Shared memory value... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tom8254
5 Replies
solterm(1)						   IPMI Serial over LAN program 						solterm(1)

NAME
solterm - An IPMI Serial over LAN program SYNOPSIS
solterm <connection parms> [-e escape_char] [-notencrypted] [-notauthenticated] [-bitrate (9600|19200|38400|57600|115200)] [-alerts (suc- ceed|defer|fail)] [-holdoff] [-ack-retries n] [-ack-timeout microseconds] [-v] [-q] DESCRIPTION
The solterm program allows a user to make a remote serial connection over IPMI. The requires that the remote system support IPMI 2.0 Serial Over LAN. OPTIONS
<connection parms> The parameters for the connection depend on the connection type. These are all described in openipmi_conparms (7) -e escape_char The character to use to escape, or exit, the program. Entering this character right after a newline is entered causes the program to go into command mode. A single character after this performs a command. The default escape character is "~" as shown below. Supported commands are: ~. Terminate the program ~B Send a serial BREAK over the connection ~F Flush all buffers ~R Assert the Ring Indicator (RI) line ~r Deassert the Ring Indicator (RI) line ~D Assert DCD and DSR lines ~d Deassert DCD and DSR lines ~C Pause the output using CTS ~c Put CTS under BMC control ~? Help on escape commands ~~ Enter the escape character twice to send it. -notencrypted Do not encrypt the SOL data going over the connection. -notauthenticated Do not do integrity checks on the SOL data going over the connection. -bitrate Set the bitrate to the given value. The default is whatever the BMC has set it to. -alerts This specifies what to do if a alert that requires a callout occurs on the line. succeed specifies that serial/modem alerts are to succeed while SoL is active. deferred specifies that serial/modem alerts are to be deferred for the duration of the SoL session. fail specifies that serial/modem alerts automatically fail during the SoL session. This is the default. -holdoff Specifies that CTS, DTR, and DSR are to be deasserted at the start of the SoL session so that the configuration may be modified before the handshake is released. -v Be more verbose. Maybe specified multiple time for more output. -q Be less verbose. Maybe specified multiple time for less output. SEE ALSO
openipmi_conparms(7) KNOWN PROBLEMS
None AUTHOR
Darius Davis <dariusd@users.sourceforge.net> OpenIPMI 05/13/03 solterm(1)