Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Script to check the memory usage in AIX Post 302808369 by System Admin 77 on Thursday 16th of May 2013 01:52:13 PM
Old 05-16-2013
Script to check the memory usage in AIX

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for a efficient script that monitors the memory usage on AIX and send email alerts when it reaches certain point.

Q) need to get alerts, when the memory usage exceed 90% on AIX?

or

Q) Need to get alerts when available free Memory is 1G or 10% etc

Any idea is highly appreciated...and helpful to me

Thanks,
Mahijeet

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory Usage in AIX

Hi All, I have a question, can you guys please help me by giving your valuable suggestons: I am using AIX 5L, running oracle 7 version. I need to increase the oracle memory to 40 MB more. Currently Oracle occupies 260M. I wanted to know whether I can increase the memory without any problem.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kollam68
1 Replies

2. AIX

Memory Usage in AIX

Hi All, I have a question, can you guys please help me by giving your valuable suggestons: I am using AIX 5L, running oracle 7 version. I need to increase the oracle memory to 40 MB more. Currently Oracle occupies 260M. I wanted to know whether I can increase the memory without any problem.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kollam68
3 Replies

3. Programming

how to use ioctl to check out memory usage

Hi all, I tried to output memory usage information while the process is executing at a particular time. I found out some people suggesting calling the ioctl. I followed it and wrote a test example: #include <unistd.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <iostream.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lanchen
2 Replies

4. AIX

Memory usage on AIX

How to check the memory usage on AIX by various processes? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aajmani
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 5.3 Physical Memory usage

Hi, I have AIX 5.3TL8 two node cluster using HACMP and have 10g database using RAW devices. I am seeing gradual increase in comp% memory everyday and it reaches 100% and evicts the node, we had 4 evictions in 40days. I am pasting vmstat and vmo output, anyone seen this issue? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navin7386
5 Replies

7. Linux

how to check memory usage ?

hello, I have purchased VPS from one webhosting company. VPS comes with Virtuozzo power panel. It has 512MB gurranted RAM and dynamic RAM 2048 MB. I have hosted single domain with 50MB database and wordpress installation. But I am getting resource alerts. It goes sometime in yellow... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrugesh78
8 Replies

8. AIX

Memory usage in AIX server

Hi All, I have some questions regarding the performance, MEMORY/ Virtual Memory (paging /swap space) Please see the nmon-MEMORY stats from my AIX LPAR. 24 GB --> RAM 3456 MB --> Paging Space │ Memory ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────── │... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Memory Usage check

Hello Friends, I need to check memory usage & availability before I could run a program if there is enough memory is left or not, so how could i achieve this? Which command output i should rely on? I have diplayed outputs of SAR, VMstat and PRstat commands below, But how could i check memory... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can I check actual memory usage each Process?

I can't check actual memory usage in the Redhat 5.5... The used memory is 14214 Mb of Total 15919 by Free -m command. I sum the RSS value on PS aux command result and the value is 5428.66Mb. Yes It's quite different actual usage memory and RSS value. So I added Shared memory value... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tom8254
5 Replies
AUDISP-PRELUDE:(8)					  System Administration Utilities					AUDISP-PRELUDE:(8)

NAME
audisp-prelude - plugin for IDMEF alerts SYNOPSIS
audisp-prelude [ --test ] DESCRIPTION
audisp-prelude is a plugin for the audit event dispatcher daemon, audispd, that uses libprelude to send IDMEF alerts for possible Intrusion Detection events. This plugin requires connecting to a prelude-manager to record the events it sends. This plugin will analyze audit events in realtime and send detected events to the prelude-manager for correlation, recording, and display. Events that are currently supported are: Logins, Forbidden Login Location, Max Concurrent Sessions, Max Login Failures, Forbidden Login Time, SE Linux AVCs, SE Linux Enforcement Changes, Abnormal Program Termination, Promiscuous Socket Changes, and watched account logins. OPTIONS
--test Take input from stdin and write prelude events to stdout but does not send them to the prelude-manager. This can be used for debug- ging or testing the system with suspicious log files when you do not want it to alert or react. INSTALLATION
This sensor has to be registered with the prelude-manager before it will work properly. If the prelude-manager is on the same host as the sensor, you will need to open two windows to register. If not, you will have to adjust this example to fit your environment. In one window, type: prelude-admin register auditd idmef:w localhost --uid 0 --gid 0 In another, type: prelude-admin registration-server prelude-manager Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration. TIPS
If you are aggregating multiple machines, you should enable node information in the audit event stream. You can do this in one of two places. If you want computer node names written to disk as well as sent in the realtime event stream, edit the name_format option in /etc/audit/auditd.conf. If you only want the node names in the realtime event stream, then edit the name_format option in /etc/audisp/aud- ispd.conf. Do not enable both as it will put 2 node fields in the event stream. At this point, if you want have audit: forbidden login location, max concurrent sessions, max login failures, and forbidden login time anomalies being reported, you have to setup pam modules correctly. The pam modules are respectively: pam_access, pam_limits, pam_tally2, and pam_time. Please see the respective pam module man pages for any instructions. For performance reasons, some audit events will not produce syscall records which contain additional information about events unless there is at least one audit rule loaded. If you do not have any additional audit rules, edit /etc/audit/audit.rules and add something simple that won't impact performace like this: -w /etc/shadow -p wa. This rule will watch the shadow file for writes or changes to its attributes. The additional audit information provided by having at least one rule will allow the plugin to give a more complete view of the alert it is sending. If you are wanting to get alerts on watched syscalls, watched files, watched execution, or something becoming executable, you need to add some keys to your audit rules. For example, if you have the following audit watch in /etc/audit/audit.rules: -w /etc/shadow -p wa and you want idmef alerts on this, you need to add -k ids-file-med or something appropriate to signal to the plugin that this message is for it. The format of the key has a fixed format of keywords separated by a dash. It follows the form of ids-type-severity. The type can be either sys, file, exec, or mkexe depending on whether you want the event to be considered a watched_syscall, watched_file, watched_exec, or watched_mk_exe respectively. The severity can be either info, low, med, or hi depending on how urgent you would like it to be. EXAMPLE RULES
To alert on any use of the personality syscall: -a exit,always -S personality -k ids-sys-med To alert on a user failing to access the shadow file: -a always,exit -F path=/etc/shadow -F perms=wa -F success=0 -k ids-file-med To alert on the execution of a program: -w /bin/ping -p x -k ids-exe-info To alert on users making exe's in their home dir (takes 2 rules): -a exit,always -S fchmodat -F dir=/home -F a2&0111 -F filetype=file -k ids-mkexe-hi -a exit,always -S fchmod,chmod -F dir=/home -F a1&0111 -F filetype=file -k ids-mkexe-hi FILES
/etc/audisp/plugins.d/au-prelude.conf, /etc/audit/auditd.conf, /etc/audisp/audispd.conf, /etc/audisp/audisp-prelude.conf SEE ALSO
audispd(8), prelude-manager(1), auditd.conf(8), audispd.conf(8), audisp-prelude.conf(5). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb Red Hat Dec 2008 AUDISP-PRELUDE:(8)