Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Script to check the memory usage in AIX Post 302808369 by System Admin 77 on Thursday 16th of May 2013 01:52:13 PM
Old 05-16-2013
Script to check the memory usage in AIX

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for a efficient script that monitors the memory usage on AIX and send email alerts when it reaches certain point.

Q) need to get alerts, when the memory usage exceed 90% on AIX?

or

Q) Need to get alerts when available free Memory is 1G or 10% etc

Any idea is highly appreciated...and helpful to me

Thanks,
Mahijeet

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory Usage in AIX

Hi All, I have a question, can you guys please help me by giving your valuable suggestons: I am using AIX 5L, running oracle 7 version. I need to increase the oracle memory to 40 MB more. Currently Oracle occupies 260M. I wanted to know whether I can increase the memory without any problem.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kollam68
1 Replies

2. AIX

Memory Usage in AIX

Hi All, I have a question, can you guys please help me by giving your valuable suggestons: I am using AIX 5L, running oracle 7 version. I need to increase the oracle memory to 40 MB more. Currently Oracle occupies 260M. I wanted to know whether I can increase the memory without any problem.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kollam68
3 Replies

3. Programming

how to use ioctl to check out memory usage

Hi all, I tried to output memory usage information while the process is executing at a particular time. I found out some people suggesting calling the ioctl. I followed it and wrote a test example: #include <unistd.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <iostream.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lanchen
2 Replies

4. AIX

Memory usage on AIX

How to check the memory usage on AIX by various processes? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aajmani
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 5.3 Physical Memory usage

Hi, I have AIX 5.3TL8 two node cluster using HACMP and have 10g database using RAW devices. I am seeing gradual increase in comp% memory everyday and it reaches 100% and evicts the node, we had 4 evictions in 40days. I am pasting vmstat and vmo output, anyone seen this issue? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navin7386
5 Replies

7. Linux

how to check memory usage ?

hello, I have purchased VPS from one webhosting company. VPS comes with Virtuozzo power panel. It has 512MB gurranted RAM and dynamic RAM 2048 MB. I have hosted single domain with 50MB database and wordpress installation. But I am getting resource alerts. It goes sometime in yellow... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrugesh78
8 Replies

8. AIX

Memory usage in AIX server

Hi All, I have some questions regarding the performance, MEMORY/ Virtual Memory (paging /swap space) Please see the nmon-MEMORY stats from my AIX LPAR. 24 GB --> RAM 3456 MB --> Paging Space │ Memory ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────── │... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Memory Usage check

Hello Friends, I need to check memory usage & availability before I could run a program if there is enough memory is left or not, so how could i achieve this? Which command output i should rely on? I have diplayed outputs of SAR, VMstat and PRstat commands below, But how could i check memory... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can I check actual memory usage each Process?

I can't check actual memory usage in the Redhat 5.5... The used memory is 14214 Mb of Total 15919 by Free -m command. I sum the RSS value on PS aux command result and the value is 5428.66Mb. Yes It's quite different actual usage memory and RSS value. So I added Shared memory value... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tom8254
5 Replies
NAGIRCBOT(1)						      General Commands Manual						      NAGIRCBOT(1)

NAME
nagircbot - announce Nagios status to an IRC channel SYNOPSIS
nagircbot [-CdeHmRStxX] [-A REGEX] [-c CHANNEL] [-f FILE] [-F HOST[:PORT]] [-i INTERVAL] [-I INTERVAL] [-k KEYWORD] [-n NICK] [-N PREFIX] [-p PASSWORD] [-P FILE] [-s HOST[:PORT]] [-T LIST] [-u USERNAME] [-U NAME] [-z USER] DESCRIPTION
nagircbot is an IRC bot that reads Nagios' status information and emits alerts to an IRC channel. It can filter alerts based on severity (CRITICAL, HARD, SOFT, and/or UNKNOWN) or by regular expression. It can connect to IRC servers protected by password or SSL, and can optionally set the topic to the current Nagios status. OPTIONS
-A REGEX Filter (omit) lines that match a basic regular expression. -c CHANNEL Channel to connect to, including the leading "#" (default: "#nagircbot"). -C Use colors in IRC messages. -d Do not fork into the background. -e Use encryption (SSL) when connecting to the IRC server. -f FILE Path to Nagios' status.log, indicated by the 'status_file' parameter in nagios.cfg (default: "/usr/local/nagios/var/status.log"). -F HOST[:PORT] Retrieve status.log over the network. If no port is specified, the default is 33333. -H Only announce alerts in 'HARD' state. This is the default. -i INTERVAL Nagios alert check interval, in seconds (default: 60). -I INTERVAL How often to announce Nagios global status in the channel, in seconds. Specify an interval of 0 (the default) to disable. Do not specify an interval smaller than the alert check (-i) interval. -k KEYWORD Keyword for the channel (default: no keyword). -m Display status information for an alert in separate IRC messages instead of combining on a single message. -n NICK IRC nick to use (default: "nagircbot"). -N PREFIX Prefix for all in-channel IRC messages. -p PASSWORD IRC server password. -P FILE Write PID file. -R Only announce CRITICAL/UNKNOWN alerts. -s HOST[:PORT] IRC server to connect to. If not specified, the default is "localhost:6667". If no port is specified, the default is 33333. -S Also announce alerts in 'SOFT' state. -t Set the channel topic to an alert summary. -T LIST Enable checks to see if Nagios is still running. Send 'check' in a private message to invoke the check. Accepts a comma-seperated list (without spaces) with the following elements: max_time_last_host_update, max_time_oldest_host_update, max_time_last_host_check, max_time_oldest_host_check, max_time_last_service_check, max_time_oldest_service_check, and max_time_oldest_next_service_check. -u USERNAME Username to log into the IRC server as. -U NAME IRC "real" or full name (default: "nagircbot"). -x status.log is in Nagios 1.0 format. -X status.log is in Nagios 2.0/3.0 format. This is the default. -z USER User to run as. AUTHOR
nagircbot was written by Folkert van Heusden <folkert@vanheusden.com>. This manual page was written by John Morrissey <jwm@horde.net>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). December 13, 2010 NAGIRCBOT(1)