Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Can I create Windows repair software in USB rather than CD? Post 302808315 by Corona688 on Thursday 16th of May 2013 12:01:42 PM
Old 05-16-2013
There's no generic CD to USB converter... They're just not the same thing. Making it boot on USB is more akin to making it boot from a hard drive.

An external USB cdrom is a good tool to have for cases like this.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows XP recovery/repair mode

hello again all, assume I can not log in to the windows installation, (maybe) because of a system file corruption or failure.. however, I do log in to the system using the windows CD with R (repair) mode, that is the command line prompt. Is there a way in that command prompt to copy the files... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
10 Replies

2. Linux

What's better for running Windows software in Linux, Wine or Windows VMware?

What are the differences, advantages, and disadvantages? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Advice Pro
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Unix Software on Windows

Hi, I am new to this forum. Can anyone help me to find a unix editor/software which will work in windows. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundaresanv
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB-USB cable between linux and windows computers

Is there an easy way to setup a cross-over cable (USB-USB) between a linux box and a windows PC? My 2 machines are next to each other but I really do not want to keep transfering my files using my USB drive. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies

5. Ubuntu

[SOLVED] Dual boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu on USB

I am trying to dual boot on an external USB 500GB drive using my laptop.I have Windows 7 installed and booting on 1st partition 230GB now as active primary, 2nd partition is 100GB as primary, and 3rd partition is 135GB as primary. I was intending on installing Ubuntu onto the 2nd partition. I read... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolecho
12 Replies

6. Boot Loaders

Can I test windows 7 repair usb even if windows is fine?

I successfully created a bootable windows 7 repair usb. Please clarify me: I rebooted my system via USB. windows repair window appeared. There were 5 options. I opted 'windows memory diagnostic' and it worked fine. There was an option named 'start up repair'. This option can be used if windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
2 Replies

7. Boot Loaders

Where to get windows 7 iso file of repair?

I need to make a bootable usb of windows 7 repair disc iso file so that I can use it in case my system doesn't boot up. On net I am getting complete windows 7 OS iso but I need only the repair disc for making bootable iso. I am not sure whether I used right word by using the word disc here... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
3 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Repair windows 8.0 ntfs partition

I have a 1TB HD, suspect it had bad sectors and blocks... it was pre-installed with windows 8.0.. I was able to boot up ubuntu and looked at the partitions and run a badblocks comand to verify secotors, after getting a serious of Input and Output errors mounting the partition and doing any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Configure X windows with both keyboard and USB barcode reader

Greetings. Seeking guidance on adding a USB barcode reader (BCR) to an HP c3750 workstation with HP-UX 11.11 which is essentially configuring X windows to accept input from both a primary keyboard and a secondary keyboard that happens to be the BCR. Historically, I have successfully added a BCR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnkaltenbach
2 Replies
EHCI(4)                                                    BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                    EHCI(4)

NAME
ehci -- USB Enhanced Host Controller driver SYNOPSIS
device ehci DESCRIPTION
The ehci driver provides support for the USB Enhanced Host Controller Interface, which is used by USB 2.0 controllers. EHCI controllers are peculiar in that they can only handle the USB 2.0 protocol. This means that they normally have one or more companion controllers (i.e., ohci(4) or uhci(4)) handling USB 1.x devices. Consequently each USB connector is electrically connected to two USB con- trollers. The handling of this is totally automatic, but can be noticed since USB 1.x and USB 2.0 devices plugged in to the same connector appear to connect to different USB busses. SEE ALSO
ohci(4), uhci(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The ehci device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 5.1. BUGS
The driver is not finished and is quite buggy. There is currently no support for isochronous transfers. BSD March 20, 2005 BSD