Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ram not utilizing
Operating Systems Solaris Ram not utilizing Post 302808151 by abhi_8029 on Thursday 16th of May 2013 03:03:20 AM
Old 05-16-2013
Hi Zeeshan,

The amount of memory for oracle process is also limited by oracle SGA set by the DBA. It will not cross that limit, so get in touch with DBA and ask him to increase SGA as having free memory on your server is of no use to anybody. More memory for oracle processes might just solve your cpu utilisation problem as well, though i am not sure of this.

Thanks
abhishek

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command utilizing high CPU

Can anybody please help me on how to optimize following command as it use up a lot of CPU : tail -f $DIR3$DATE4.log |\ while read line do echo $line | egrep "Processing incoming SMS message" | sed 's/\,/ /g' \ | awk '{print $2}' >> $DIR2/LIST1.$DATE4.log && echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: azmanw2004
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Utilizing func keys in scripts

I would like to have the function keys available to me in my scripts. Anyone have any ideas on how to map these to functionality I design? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fjjlee
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

red hat Linux 5.0 is detecting 3gb ram but physical ram is 16gb

Hi, On server 64bit Hw Arch , Linux 5.0(32bit) is installed it is showing only 3gb of ram though physical is 16gb can u give me idea why? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Utilizing libraries when you aren't root.

I'm having a bit of trouble trying to make use of Net::SSH::Expect. I've started getting dependent libraries and set PERL5LIB to add my custom path because I don't have root access. I tried using cpan, but it always tries to use paths I don't have access to. Next, I tried just moving the .pm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unknown process utilizing CPU.

Hi i recently observed my cpu being used 100% due to which load average on machine get increased to < 5. I have no idea what the process is? Appreciate any help in this regard. root 15859 99.9 0.0 5668 1592 pts/4 R+ 12:28 660:06 \_ pvs root 7334 99.9 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Physical RAM

Hi, I have a server (BL460c) with 32G of physical RAM. It currently only uses approx 5% its capacity but will use more (not sure how much more) pending the launch of further applications. If I need to build another node of similar functionality should I consider downgrading the physical... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Regarding RAM replacement

Dear All, I have linux Servers where all are having at present 12 Gig RAM. At present my need is to increase the RAM for atleast another 12 G . ie 12G +12 G ===24 Gig RAM. But how does i can find out whether my server will support for 24 GiG RAM or is there any way of finding out how... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
4 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Utilizing the Make Command

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Compile cpp2html.c to produce cpp2html.o. ( Important: the source code in these files is C, not C++, and so... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamentofking
8 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Utilizing the Make Command

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: ]Compile cpp2html.c to produce cpp2html.o. ( Important: the source code in these files is C, not C++, and so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bgnaranjo1
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

NFSd command utilizing more cpu

Hi, I see following 'nfsd' command is using more CPU. Could someone please comment on it's pros and cons of it? CPU TTY PID USERNAME PRI NI SIZE RES STATE TIME %WCPU %CPU COMMAND 5 ? 16890 root 152 20 34696K 12036K run 57166:48 856.13 854.64 nfsd OS -- HP-UX One... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
4 Replies
CHING(6)							   Games Manual 							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching - the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/ching [ hexagram ] DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (E.g., "It furthers one to have somewhere to go.") while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life ("Thus the supe- rior man makes himself strong and untiring."). When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes signifi- cant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the UNIX oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune(6). SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. 7th Edition May 20, 1985 CHING(6)