Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to concat columns?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to concat columns? Post 302808143 by Vikram_Tanwar12 on Thursday 16th of May 2013 02:44:40 AM
Old 05-16-2013
This will work in that case

Code:
awk  -F"[ /]+" '$2!~/^[3-4]/ {print $4"["$2"]"}' file

This means starting from 3 to 4 it will ignore those values. Similarly you can put any which u want to ignore.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concat date

How do I concat a date to a filename eg; filename: jjjrtup to become jjjrtup29052002 mv jjjrtup jjjrtup ? date what should ? be (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drukkie
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concat

HI all, How to concat two strings in Shell scrpits suppose x=a y=b i want to display it as ab How to do it ? Thanks.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhananjaysk
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

concat string

hey, I want to concat whole bunch of strings together but somehow they don't turn out the way I want them to a="HELLO " b="WORLD " c=$a$b I was expecting c to be "HELLO WORLD " but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

concat fields

hi I have a file, I need to concatenate depening on the no of columns i need to concatenate. for example i need to concatenate field1,filed34,field2( no of columns is not always 3, it can be any number of fields) concat.ksh field1 field34 field2 how to achieve this, is there any argv ,argc... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: markjason
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Concat

Hi All this may be somewhere in internet , but couldnt find the it. i have file as abc01 2010-07-01 12:45:24 2010-07-01 12:54:35 abc02 2010-07-01 12:59:24 2010-07-01 01:05:13 abc03 . . . the output using awk should look like this abc01|2010-07-01 12:45:24|2010-07-01 12:54:35... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: posner
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

concat 3 files

Hello Unix gurus, how to concat 3 files content side by side . i have 3 files more report1.txt select *from tab1 A JOIN tab1 B ON more report2.txt A.PK1=B.PK1 where more report3.txt A.AAA <> B.AAA or A.BBB <> B.BBB or A.CCC<> B.CCCC or .. .. .. A.ZZZ <> B.ZZZ; if i concatinate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanakaraju
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concat

Hi All, My Input file contains: Input.txt Name|Marks ABC|10 GHI|10 JKL|20 MNO|20 PQR|30 Output.txt MARKS|NAME 10|ABC,GHI 20|JKL,MNO 30|PQR Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concat required

Hi Folks The below is code is giving me value 30. cal | sed '/^$/d' | tail -1 | awk '{printf $NF-1}' Actually the text is like below. echo "you should reply on 30-Jan-2013 evening EST. Here how should i con-cat above logic in that text? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolboy98699
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concat name

Hi, I need help to combine the first 7 character of firstname if it is longer than 7and combine with the first character of lastname. ex: username lastname => usernaml user lastname => userl Thanks in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: xitrum
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Concat data

All, I have 2 files A and B with some data. Now i want to concat data from both the files in to 3rd file.Please help me with a single command line. A--123456789 B--jlsjdfkajsjas output file C should be 123456789,jlsjdfkajsjas (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranparsha
2 Replies
RAKE(1) 						 Ruby Programmers Reference Guide						   RAKE(1)

NAME
rake -- Ruby Make SYNOPSIS
rake [--f Rakefile] [--version] [-CGNPgnqstv] [-D [PATTERN]] [-E CODE] [-I LIBDIR] [-R RAKELIBDIR] [-T [PATTERN]] [-e CODE] [-p CODE] [-r MODULE] [--rules] [variable=value] target ... DESCRIPTION
Rake is a simple ruby(1) build program with capabilities similar to the regular make(1) command. Rake has the following features: o Rakefiles (Rake's version of Makefiles) are completely defined in standard Ruby syntax. No XML files to edit. No quirky Makefile syntax to worry about (is that a tab or a space?). o Users can specify tasks with prerequisites. o Rake supports rule patterns to synthesize implicit tasks. o Flexible FileLists that act like arrays but know about manipulating file names and paths. o A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles easier. OPTIONS
--version Display the program version. -C --classic-namespace Put Task and FileTask in the top level namespace -D [PATTERN] --describe [PATTERN] Describe the tasks (matching optional PATTERN), then exit. -E CODE --execute-continue CODE Execute some Ruby code, then continue with normal task processing. -G --no-system --nosystem Use standard project Rakefile search paths, ignore system wide rakefiles. -I LIBDIR --libdir LIBDIR Include LIBDIR in the search path for required modules. -N --no-search --nosearch Do not search parent directories for the Rakefile. -P --prereqs Display the tasks and dependencies, then exit. -R RAKELIBDIR --rakelib RAKELIBDIR --rakelibdir RAKELIBDIR Auto-import any .rake files in RAKELIBDIR. (default is rakelib ) -T [PATTERN] --tasks [PATTERN] Display the tasks (matching optional PATTERN) with descriptions, then exit. -e CODE --execute CODE Execute some Ruby code and exit. -f FILE --rakefile FILE Use FILE as the rakefile. -h --help Prints a summary of options. -g --system Using system wide (global) rakefiles (usually ~/.rake/*.rake ). -n --dry-run Do a dry run without executing actions. -p CODE --execute-print CODE Execute some Ruby code, print the result, then exit. -q --quiet Do not log messages to standard output. -r MODULE --require MODULE Require MODULE before executing rakefile. -s --silent Like --quiet, but also suppresses the 'in directory' announcement. -t --trace Turn on invoke/execute tracing, enable full backtrace. -v --verbose Log message to standard output (default). --rules Trace the rules resolution. SEE ALSO
ruby(1) make(1) http://rake.rubyforge.org/ REPORTING BUGS
Bugs, features requests and other issues can be logged at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/projects/show/rake>. You will need an account to before you can post issues. Register at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/account/register>. Or you can send an email to the author. AUTHOR
Rake is written by Jim Weirich <jim@weirichhouse.org> UNIX
November 7, 2012 UNIX