Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Using SFTP Error Server Unknown Post 302807963 by ae3799t on Wednesday 15th of May 2013 05:27:20 PM
Old 05-15-2013
Using SFTP Error Server Unknown

Not sure if this is the right forum and I apologies if not. I use Expression web to update our website on a UNIX server using SFTP.

I use the same laptop, software, that works fine when at home, but when I travel, I tend to get a unknown server error. I am suspecting that it has something to do with the server configuration of the ISP I connect to the Internet with. And no one seems to know what might be causing it. Here is a some data.

On our ISP, Southern Bell, it always works, regardless of how many time or IPs I connect to.

We have 2 connections in the Philippines. 1 works and the other does not.

When I travel and use hotels ISPs it tend to not work.

I can always connect to the website via the browser, cmd prompt, etc

The exact error I get when I get it is:
"
"Cannot connect to roadtrucker.com. Check the server name and proxy settings. If the settings are correct, the server may be temporarily unavailable."
"

I do not think it is a DNS issue because I used the host file and it still fails when I travel.

If anyone can shed some light on this, it woudl be very much apprecited.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP:error while creating folders on remote server

Hi, I am trying to create some folders on remote server with SFTP connection. if the folder is exist then it is not executing the next commands. i.e. if temp/folder is exist then it it not executing mkdir $folder1 mkdir $folder2 commands. here is my code. sftp -b /dev/fd/0 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vgs
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error copying files from Unix (Solaris10) to Windows Server 2003 using scp/sftp

Hi, I have generated a Public/Private Key Pair in Solaris Unix (source) server and deployed the Public key in Windows 2003(target) server .ssh directory of user profile. When i try to connect(ssh, scp, sftp) from Unix, i'm getting below error message. Sun_SSH_1.1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarb
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

Identify unknown LAN server from IP or MAC address

Hi, I just got a little task trying to seemingly find a needle in a haystack. I have a server (FreeBSD) where several NFS mounts are established from a host somewhere on the local LAN with the 192.168.x.x prefix. Needless to say, the guy who set this up wasn't too fond of documenting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brightstorm
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Apache server trying to connect with unknown ip:80

OK, so I've been learning my way through Fedora trying to progress to LFS and FreeBSD. I have a Fedora 14 machine running Apache 2.2.17, and about 2 days ago, I came across the server and saw a black screen blazing through text so fast I couldn't read it. I didn't know if it was a crash or I'd been... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eotnak
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp script for dev server to client server

hi, i am new to unix, cuold u send some sftp acripts to send files to dev server to clint server, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Koti.annam
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

iptables producing 'Unknown error 18446744073709551615' inRed Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5.5

Creating a large number of rules such as 100000, iptables will produce errors after 42000 rules "iptables: Unknown error 18446744073709551615". But another machine where i have debian virtual machine I can easily run the sciprt of 100000 of rules I am waiting for your reply 4.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tahirfattani
1 Replies

8. Solaris

SMTP Server 550 5.1.1 User unknown Error

Hello All, I am currently running a Solaris 10 machine as inbound SMTP server i.e. bringing Emails from outside into our company. In /var/spool/mqueue , I have mails that are pending for the past 4-5 days. They are not being delivered and are causing my mount point size to increase. Error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Script to get files from remote server to local server through sftp without prompting for password

Hi, I am trying to automate the process of fetching files from remote server to local server through sftp. I have the username and password for the remote solaris server. But I need to give password manually everytime i run the script. Can anyone help me in automating the script such that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed SFTP script from windows to UNIX server and from UNIX to windows server(reverse SFTP)

hi guys, i need a script to sftp the file from windows to unix server ....(before that i have to check whether the file exists in the windows server or not and again i have to reverse sftp the files from unix to windows server..... regards, Vasa Saikumar. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
13 Replies
SSH2_SFTP_STAT(3)							 1							 SSH2_SFTP_STAT(3)

ssh2_sftp_stat - Stat a file on a remote filesystem

SYNOPSIS
array ssh2_sftp_stat (resource $sftp, string $path) DESCRIPTION
Stats a file on the remote filesystem following any symbolic links. This function is similar to using the stat(3) function with the ssh2.sftp:// wrapper in PHP 5 and returns the same values. PARAMETERS
o $sftp - An SSH2 SFTP resource opened by ssh2_sftp(3). o $path - RETURN VALUES
See the documentation for stat(3) for details on the values which may be returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Stating a file via SFTP <?php $connection = ssh2_connect('shell.example.com', 22); ssh2_auth_password($connection, 'username', 'password'); $sftp = ssh2_sftp($connection); $statinfo = ssh2_sftp_stat($sftp, '/path/to/file'); $filesize = $statinfo['size']; $group = $statinfo['gid']; $owner = $statinfo['uid']; $atime = $statinfo['atime']; $mtime = $statinfo['mtime']; $mode = $statinfo['mode']; ?> SEE ALSO
ssh2_sftp_lstat(3), lstat(3), stat(3). PHP Documentation Group SSH2_SFTP_STAT(3)