Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators I want to consult about 4th of Forum Rules Post 302807781 by joeyg on Wednesday 15th of May 2013 10:39:41 AM
Old 05-15-2013
That is permissible and desired - to answer and clarify.

We just do not want posts like:
"Any one have ideas?" - that merely move up to top of recent posts.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

suggested addition to forum rules

Possible new rule for the "forum rules" list: <UL> <LI>Include as many pertinent details as possible in your post. Useful information usually includes: Vendor and version of Unix you are using, hardware platform, kernel version (if applicable). For hardware related questions include model... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PxT
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

forum rules

i dont think this post is in the right section, but i couldnt really decide which one was appropriate, and this question seems simple enough, should normal users, ie non-moderators, tell other users if their post is in violation of the forum rules? like if a question is obviously a homework... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
17 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Forum rules

After reading the FAQ for the first time, I noticed Rule # 14 : :D:D:D Anyways, I hope to make more use of this forum in future, and also to help others. Regards Ook. :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: The_Librarian
0 Replies
SHOWMOUNT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      SHOWMOUNT(8)

NAME
showmount -- show remote NFS mounts on host SYNOPSIS
showmount [-Ae36] [-a | -d] [host] DESCRIPTION
showmount shows status information about the NFS server on host. By default it prints the names of all hosts that have NFS file systems mounted on the host. See NFS: Network File System Protocol Specification, RFC 1094, Appendix A, and NFS: Network File System Version 3 Protocol Specification, Appendix I, for a detailed description of the protocol. -A Search for NFS servers advertised via Bonjour. -a List all mount points in the form: host:dirpath -d List directory paths of mount points instead of hosts. -e Show the host's exports list. -3 Use mount protocol Version 3, compatible with NFS Version 3. -6 Use only IPv6 addresses to contact servers. SEE ALSO
mount(1), mountd(8), nfsd(8), mDNSResponder(8) BUGS
The mount daemon running on the server only has an idea of the actual mounts, since the NFS server is stateless. showmount will only display the information as accurately as the mount daemon reports it. HISTORY
The showmount utility first appeared in 4.4BSD. 4th Berkeley Distribution September 26, 2010 4th Berkeley Distribution