Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find and replace from an XML
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find and replace from an XML Post 302807585 by dddkiran on Wednesday 15th of May 2013 03:22:06 AM
Old 05-15-2013
Code:
awk '/InternetProtocol/ {print; getline; gsub($0,"<IP>")}{print}' <filename>

Last edited by Franklin52; 05-15-2013 at 04:33 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find and replace in XML

Hi I need one clarication.. I have an xml having many entries like this.. <Cust_Name>Tom Cruise</Cust_Name> I want to rename this to <Cust_Name>TEST</Cust_Name> Pls let me know how to do it.. I was trying some basic commands like grep 'Cust_Name' * | tr '>' ',' | tr '<' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wip_vasikaran
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with find and replace in XML

Hello Guys, I have this requirement with several hundred files. I have this first set of xml's files with the following tags spread across the file FILE in SET A <Name>Lion</Name> <Age>15</Age> ..... .... ... <Date>2009-12-12</Date> Now i have this another set of files which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replace %20 in xml file

Hi, I'd like to use sed in order to replace %20 and other "special" characters that are represented with % and some number combination in xml file. Typical line looks like this: /Users/imac1/Music/iTunes/iTunes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrejm
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find/Replace in XML file

I am not sure how to approach this find/replace using a shell script. Any help or guidance appreciated. I want to find this: <objects/> <thumb>thumb_0001.jpg</thumb> <preview>preview_0001.jpg</preview> And replace with something like this: <objects>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimraynor
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Node and replace line(s) preceding in xml file

Hello, I have an xml file whose contacts are like below: <Node>Apple <B>Value1</B> <B>Value2</B> <B>Value3</B> </Node> <Node>Mango <B>Value1</B> <B>Value2</B> <B>Value3</B> </Node> <Node>Apple <B>Value1</B> <B>Value2</B> <B>Value3</B> </Node> <Node>Bannana (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umarsatti
3 Replies

6. Linux

Linux command to find and replace occurance of more than two equal sign with "==" from XML file.

Please help me, wasted hrs:wall:, to find this soulution:- I need a command that will work on file (xml) and replace multiple occurrence (more than 2 times) Examples 1. '===' 2. '====' 3. '=======' should be replaced by just '==' Note :- single character should be replaced. (=... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedRocks!!
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace in xml

Hi All, My XML file looks like below: <logEvent xsi:type="logservice:LogEvent" timestamp="1394713811052" severity="3" messageCode="TM_6228" message="Writing session output to log file ." user="" stacktrace="" service="" serviceType="IS" clientNode="dev" pid="712" threadName="DIRECTOR"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: galaxy_rocky
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to replace XML TAG

As per the requirement I need to replace XML tag with old to new on one of the XML file. Old<com : DEM>PHI</com : DEM> New<com : DEM>PHM</com : DEM> Please someone provide the sed command to replace above mentioned old XML tag with new XML tag (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva83
2 Replies

9. Solaris

XML value compare and replace

I need a way to to check if a value in a file that has this XML format is less than or equal to current system date/time. if it is I need to override it with a future date/time: Here is the data sample: <?xml version="1.0"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find replace text in xml file on the fly

Dear Unix guru, I have a .XML file which is being used to load data to oracle. This file comes on unix box and one of the tag in xml is oracle key word. I want to find that tag and replace with new tag on the fly For example I will get one of the tag in xml is as below <from>Test Test... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
12 Replies
IPTABLES-XML(8) 														   IPTABLES-XML(8)

NAME
iptables-xml -- Convert iptables-save format to XML SYNOPSIS
iptables-xml [-c] [-v] DESCRIPTION
iptables-xml is used to convert the output of iptables-save into an easily manipulatable XML format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirection pro- vided by your shell to write to a file. -c, --combine combine consecutive rules with the same matches but different targets. iptables does not currently support more than one target per match, so this simulates that by collecting the targets from consecutive iptables rules into one action tag, but only when the rule matches are identical. Terminating actions like RETURN, DROP, ACCEPT and QUEUE are not combined with subsequent targets. -v, --verbose Output xml comments containing the iptables line from which the XML is derived iptables-xml does a mechanistic conversion to a very expressive xml format; the only semantic considerations are for -g and -j targets in order to discriminate between <call> <goto> and <nane-of-target> as it helps xml processing scripts if they can tell the difference between a target like SNAT and another chain. Some sample output is: <iptables-rules> <table name="mangle"> <chain name="PREROUTING" policy="ACCEPT" packet-count="63436" byte-count="7137573"> <rule> <conditions> <match> <p>tcp</p> </match> <tcp> <sport>8443</sport> </tcp> </conditions> <actions> <call> <check_ip/> </call> <ACCEPT/> </actions> </rule> </chain> </table> </iptables-rules> Conversion from XML to iptables-save format may be done using the iptables.xslt script and xsltproc, or a custom program using libxsltproc or similar; in this fashion: xsltproc iptables.xslt my-iptables.xml | iptables-restore BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.3.7 release AUTHOR
Sam Liddicott <azez@ufomechanic.net> SEE ALSO
iptables-save(8), iptables-restore(8), iptables(8) Jul 16, 2007 IPTABLES-XML(8)