Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sqlplus with shell_exec(); PHP command Post 302807441 by DGPickett on Tuesday 14th of May 2013 05:13:37 PM
Old 05-14-2013
Absolute path calls and getting all the Oracle environment variables, PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH set right for sql*plus in the wrapper. Interactively, it inherits all yours.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with ksh script that uses sqlplus, called from PHP

I have a ksh script that connects to sqlplus and dumps the query results into a file. The script works file when I run it from the command line, however, when I call it from PHP using system(), exec(), or shell_exec() commands, the script doesn't seem to run the query. It will create the text file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: j2owilson
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use sqlplus command

Can someone tell me how to execute sqlplus command. I`m Executing: sqlplus user/pasw @/report/output/new/PlatformOut_Cdrs.sql the error is: SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.5.0 - Production on Wed Aug 9 15:37:44 2006 Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. ERROR:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nel
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

sqlplus: command not found

hi, i need bash shell script run on the crontab(Unix tru64). i have write my shell. it's using sqlplus command and connect to oracle db. execute cron job when i have error messege: "sqlplus: command not found" have you any suggestion? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

php shell_exec, exec command timeout

HI, Does anybody know if its possible to execute a command through exec, shell exec, system and if the program doesn't terminate in N seconds returns control to PHP ? reg, research3 ---------- Post updated 10-16-09 at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous update was 10-15-09 at 11:03 PM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: research3
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with PHP and shell_exec!!!

Hi, I've been working on a PHP script which is "supposed" to find an individuals weather based on their geolocation. This script uses "shell_exec". I have checked my syntax and it is correct, but there is still something missing; for when I call on the script using: <form action='/weather.php'... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: o0110o
15 Replies

6. Ubuntu

sqlplus: command not found

I installed Oracle 10.2.1.0 in Ubuntu 10.10..my installation was well,i could even open isqlplus( http://ubuntu.ubuntu-domain:5560/isqlplus/workspace.uix ) and execute some queries..But,back in terminal when i try to login to sqlplus i am getting error (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy0594
20 Replies

7. Web Development

php shell_exec

Hey guys i've recently been getting into php programming and i became thinking was it possible to create a php script that would allow you to run a terminal from the browser page? All i've pretty much got so far is: $var = $_GET; $output = php shell_exec($var); echo $output; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lordfirex
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can any one explain this sqlplus command?

Hi , i am new to unix i need a small clarification regarding this sqlplus -s $USER_NAME/$PASSWD@$ORA_SID<< EOF >> SQL_CONN_LOG.log In the above command what is the meaning of <<EOF>> Thanks, krishna. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rams_krishna
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus error - sqlplus -s <login/password@dbname> : No such file or directory

i am using bash shell Whenever i declare an array, and then using sqlplus, i am getting sqlplus error and return code 127. IFS="," declare -a Arr=($Variable1); SQLPLUS=sqlplus -s "${DBUSER}"/"${DBPASS}"@"${DBASE} echo "set head off ; " > ${SQLCMD} echo "set PAGESIZE 0 ;" >> ${SQLCMD}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghadeep adity
6 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem on SQLplus command ""bash: sqlplus: command not found""

Hi all, i face an error related to my server ""it's running server"" when i use sqlplus command $ sqlplus bash: sqlplus: command not found the data base is up and running i just need to access the sqlplus to import the dump file as a daily backup. i already check the directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: clerck
4 Replies
File::SearchPath(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     File::SearchPath(3pm)

NAME
File::SearchPath - Search for a file in an environment variable path SYNOPSIS
use File::SearchPath qw/ searchpath /; $file = searchpath( 'libperl.a', env => 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH' ); $file = searchpath( 'my.cfg', env => 'CFG_DIR', subdir => 'ME' ); $path = searchpath( $file, env => 'PATH', exe => 1 ); $path = searchpath( $file, env => 'PATH', dir => 1 ); $file = searchpath( 'ls', $ENV{PATH} ); $exe = searchpath( 'ls' ); DESCRIPTION
This module provides the ability to search a path-like environment variable for a file (that does not necessarily have to be an executable). FUNCTIONS
The following functions can be exported by this module. searchpath This is the core function. The only mandatory argument is the name of a file to be located. The filename should not be absolute although it can include directory specifications. $path = searchpath( $file ); @matches = searchpath( $file ); If a second argument is provided, it is assumed to be a path like variable. This interface is provided for backwards compatibility with "File::SearchPath" version 0.01. It is not as portable as specifying the name of the environment variable. Note also that no specific attempt will be made to check whether the file is executable when the subroutine is called in this way. $path = searchpath( $file, $ENV{PATH} ); By default, this will search in $PATH for executable files and is equivalent to: $path = searchpath( $file, env => 'PATH', exe => 1 ); Hash-like options can be used to alter the behaviour of the search: env Name of the environment variable to use as a starting point for the search. Should be a path-like environment variable such as $PATH, $LD_LIBRARY_PATH etc. Defaults to $PATH. An error occurs if the environment variable is not set or not defined. If it is defined but contains a blank string, the current directory will be assumed. exe If true, only executable files will be located in the search path. If $PATH is being searched, the default is for this to be true. For all other environment variables the default is false. If "dir" option is specified "exe" will always default to false. dir If true, only directories will be located in the search path. Default is false. "dir" and "exe" are not allowed to be true in the same call. (triggering a croak() on error). subdir If you know that your file is in a subdirectory of the path described by the environment variable, this direcotry can be specified here. Alternatively, the path can be included in the file name itself. In scalar context the first match is returned. In list context all matches are returned in the order corresponding to the directories listed in the environment variable. Returns undef (or empty list) if no match could be found. If an absolute file name is provided, that filename is returned if it exists and is readable, else undef is returned. HISTORY
"File::SearchPath" used to exist on CPAN (now on backpan) and was written by Robert Spier. This version is completely new but retains an interface that is compatible with Robert's version. Thanks to Robert for allowing me to reuse this module name. NOTES
If "Env::Path" module is installed it will be used. This allows for more flexibility than simply assuming colon-separated paths. SEE ALSO
Env::Path, File::Which, File::Find, File::Find::Run, File::Where. AUTHOR
Tim Jenness <t.jenness@jach.hawaii.edu> Copyright (C) 2005,2006, 2008 Particle Physics and Astronomy Research Council. Copyright (C) 2009-2010 Science and Technology Facilities Council. All Rights Reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place,Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA perl v5.14.2 2012-03-28 File::SearchPath(3pm)