Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can not update my system
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Can not update my system Post 302807419 by DGPickett on Tuesday 14th of May 2013 04:14:09 PM
Old 05-14-2013
Maybe you are too far out of date, and the URLs are ng, so install the latest.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

System crash when update TL

Hello everyone I have a partition with the TL 5300-06-01-0000 and try to update to this TL 5300-09-03-0918 but suddenly the update dont work more. I get in to the HMC and I see this code error 888 102 700 0C5 I try to restart my partition but doesnt work. Theres someone who has this... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
9 Replies

2. AIX

System P firmware update

I am interested whether should AIX Admin make upgrade of firmware on power systems or IBM support should do it thanks in advance :-) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Install update 6 on solaris with update 3

I want to update my solaris 10 server which is currently on update 3 stage. A new application require it to be on update 6. What is the best way to make it update 6. should i just install the patch or should i go for the liveupgrade?? thanks for you help in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxravi
3 Replies

4. Programming

MYSQL - trigger update on record insert or update

Right I have a MYSQL database with table1 with 3 columns, colA, colB and colC. I want to combine the data in the 3 columns into a 4th column names col_comb. Here's the SQL command that works: UPDATE table1 SET `col_comb` = CONCAT( `colA` , ' - ', `colB` , ', ', `colC` ); So now I want this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

RedHat 5 update 9 BASH update issue

Hi i want to update the BASH because of the "shell shock" vulnerability. my RedHat 5 is clean install with the default mirror site. when im running the command: yum update bash im getting a message saying there is no update. you can see in the attach picture... what am i doing wrong? is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
4 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX.com email system update

There seems to have been a small recurring problem with the forums not always sending email; so I have changed the system and tested it and it's all working OK now. Please post back if you have any trouble sending or receiving email from the forums (with details of course!) Thanks, Neo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

7. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies

8. Solaris

How to update Solaris 10 Update 3 to Update 11?

Hi friends, We have a Solaris machine running 10 update 3 -bash-3.2# cat /etc/release Solaris 10 11/06 s10s_u3wos_10 SPARC Copyright 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Use is subject to license terms. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies
add-apt-repository(1)					      General Commands Manual					     add-apt-repository(1)

NAME
add-apt-repository - Adds a repository into the /etc/apt/sources.list or /etc/apt/sources.list.d or removes an existing one SYNOPSIS
add-apt-repository [OPTIONS] REPOSITORY DESCRIPTION
add-apt-repository is a script which adds an external APT repository to either /etc/apt/sources.list or a file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ or removes an already existing repository. The options supported by add-apt-repository are: -h, --help Show help message and exit -r, --remove Remove the specified repository -y, --yes Assume yes to all queries -k, --keyserver Use a custom keyserver URL instead of the default REPOSITORY STRING
REPOSITORY can be either a line that can be added directly to sources.list(5), or in the form ppa:<user>/<ppa-name> for adding Personal Package Archives. In the first form, REPOSITORY will just be appended to /etc/apt/sources.list. In the second form, ppa:<user>/<ppa-name> will be expanded to the full deb line of the PPA and added into a new file in the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ directory. The GPG public key of the newly added PPA will also be downloaded and added to apt's keyring. SEE ALSO
sources.list(5) COPYRIGHT
This manual page was written by Chow Loong Jin <hyperair@gmail.com> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses. add-apt-repository(1)