Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with hijacked thread
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Help with hijacked thread Post 302807397 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 14th of May 2013 03:41:26 PM
Old 05-14-2013
Help with hijacked thread

A recent post is hijacking a thread on a completely unrelated topic. Any help you can provide in moving this posting to a new thread (or at least removing it from the current thread) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Don

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to cancel a thread safely from the initial thread?

how about asynchronous canceling? or with signal? if with signal whether it effects the process? my english so badly :( :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan.zhao
1 Replies

2. Programming

Parent Thread Of Child Thread

Parent Thread Of Child Thread Suppose a process creates some threads say threadC and threadD. Later on each of these threads create new child threads say threadC1, threadC2, threadC3 etc. So a tree of threads will get created. Is there any way to find out the parent thread of one such... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Check out Multiple Hijacked Files in Clearcase

How can we checkout multiple hijacked files in Clearcase? I need to find hijacked files recursively in a snapshot view & check those out. I tried to use the command: cleartool co -nc `cleartool ls -recurse | grep "hijacked" | sed s/\@\@.*// | xargs` but it gives me an error: cleartool:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjalim6
2 Replies
PTHREAD_DETACH(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					 PTHREAD_DETACH(3)

NAME
pthread_detach -- detach a thread SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_detach(pthread_t thread); DESCRIPTION
The pthread_detach() function is used to indicate to the implementation that storage for the thread thread can be reclaimed when the thread terminates. If thread has not terminated, pthread_detach() will not cause it to terminate. The effect of multiple pthread_detach() calls on the same target thread is unspecified. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the pthread_detach() function will return zero. Otherwise an error number will be returned to indicate the error. Note that the function does not change the value of errno as it did for some drafts of the standard. These early drafts also passed a pointer to pthread_t as the argument. Beware! ERRORS
The pthread_detach() function will fail if: [EINVAL] The implementation has detected that the value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to that specified by the given thread ID, thread. SEE ALSO
pthread_join(3) STANDARDS
The pthread_detach() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1996 (``POSIX.1''). BSD
April 4, 1996 BSD