Sponsored Content
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems I am still meet a problem when I want to reply or create a new thread Post 302807255 by weichanghe2000 on Tuesday 14th of May 2013 11:28:19 AM
Old 05-14-2013
Thank you very much!
I will check if it is ok now.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Reply to thread I started 8 May 09 gone

And frankly, I'm a bit miffed by it. I had thanked the person who suggested a solution to the issue, pasted code to a shell script that may have helped other users, and was courteous, witty and all that the best forum admins look for in a member/contributor/poster. Now it's gone, with no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ksh Create Thread

I think I know the answer but I'll ask and see if someone with more expertise can share new light on this topic: Does Ksh have the capability to create new threads (not processes) and/or offer some multiplexing on named pipes? Thanks for your assistance! ~sreyes27 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyes27
2 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How to Create a New Thread

please tell me how can i post a new post. i am not getting any option to post a new question. any suggestion is highly appreciated. thanks, Arpit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thearpit
1 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Cann't post reply or create new threads

Hi Admin I got the error message as follows when I reply or create new thread. To reply to threads in this forum your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 9 posts. Is there any problems with my account? How I can reach the 10 replies? I cann't post any replies now. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ambious
1 Replies

5. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

I cannot post new thread and reply after register

Hi, Admin, I have met a problem that I cannot post new thread and reply after register. It reminds some information as shown in the below: case 1: To create new threads in this forum your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. case 2: To reply to threads in this forum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
1 Replies

6. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Not able to post thread/reply to thread

Dear Moderator I am not able to post any new thread or post reply to mine old thread. Kindly help as i am stuck on one problem and needed suggestion. Regards Jaydeep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
1 Replies

7. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to post or reply thread after login

I am unable to post reply to a thread. Whenever I will reply to any post I get the message every time : The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters. Even though length of the message is more than required. for example I tried to post ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
3 Replies

8. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to create new thread

Hi. I registered, but when trying to post, I get ... "Sorry, you do not have enough Bits to post a new thread" Google & Forum search showed some hits, but no solution. Please advide. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gehe
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Updates to Forum Navbar and Thread Reply for Unregistered Users

Hey You may have noticed I changed the navbar at the top a bit. I've almost finished converting the navbar to divs from table tags. In addition, for unregistered users, instead of seeing a "New Reply" button, unregistered users see a "Login to Reply" and icon which looks the same as our... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

New Buttons to Create New Discussions and Reply to Existing One

You may have noticed a lot of big blue buttons" on the site, replacing the Font Awesome icons for creating new discussions and replying to discussions. Here are the reasons for this change: A number of unix.com moderators, including Don Cragun and Ravinder Singh, have commented that new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies
pthread_create(3T)														pthread_create(3T)

NAME
pthread_create() - create a new thread of execution. SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
thread Pointer to the location where the created thread's ID is to be returned. attr Pointer to the thread attributes object describing the characteristics of the created thread. If the value is NULL, default attributes will be used. start_routine Function to be executed by the newly created thread. arg Parameter to be passed to the created thread's start_routine. DESCRIPTION
The function is used to create a new independent thread within the calling process. The thread will be created according to the attributes specified by attr. If attr is NULL, the default attributes will be used. The values of the attributes in attr describe the characteris- tics of the to-be-created thread in detail. Refer to the function for a list of the default attribute values. A single attributes object can be used in multiple calls to the function When a thread is created with an attributes object, the attributes are, in effect, copied into the created thread. Consequently, any change to the attributes object will not affect any previously created threads. Once all threads needing a specific attributes object have been created, the attributes object is no longer needed and may be destroyed. When the new thread is created, it will execute which has only one parameter, arg. If returns, an implicit call to is made. The return value of is used as the thread's exit status. The created thread's scheduling policy and priority, contention scope, detach state, stack size, and stack address are initialized accord- ing to their respective attributes in attr. The thread's signal mask is inherited from the creating thread. The thread's set of pending signals is cleared. Refer to pthread_exit(3T), pthread_detach(3T), and pthread_join(3T) for more information on thread termination and synchronizing with ter- minated threads. On success, the ID of the created thread is returned in thread. If fails, a thread is not created and the contents of thread are unde- fined. Thread IDs are guaranteed to be unique only within a process. NOTE: If the main thread returns from an implicit call to is made. The return value of is used as the process' exit status. The main thread can terminate without causing the process to terminate by calling Notes It is unspecified whether joinable threads that have exited but haven't been joined count against the limit. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: attr in an invalid thread attributes object. The value specified by thread is invalid. The necessary resources to create another thread are not available, or the number of threads in the calling process already equals The scheduling policy or scheduling attributes specified in attr are invalid. The caller does not have the appropriate privileges to create a thread with the scheduling policy and parameters specified in attr. AUTHOR
was derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_exit(3T), pthread_join(3T), fork(2). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_create(3T)