Sponsored Content
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems I am still meet a problem when I want to reply or create a new thread Post 302807219 by Scott on Tuesday 14th of May 2013 10:21:16 AM
Old 05-14-2013
Hi weichanghe2000.

We sadly had to place a restriction on users from China and Vietnam due to an increased problem with Spam.

Your account should now be fully active.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Reply to thread I started 8 May 09 gone

And frankly, I'm a bit miffed by it. I had thanked the person who suggested a solution to the issue, pasted code to a shell script that may have helped other users, and was courteous, witty and all that the best forum admins look for in a member/contributor/poster. Now it's gone, with no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ksh Create Thread

I think I know the answer but I'll ask and see if someone with more expertise can share new light on this topic: Does Ksh have the capability to create new threads (not processes) and/or offer some multiplexing on named pipes? Thanks for your assistance! ~sreyes27 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyes27
2 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How to Create a New Thread

please tell me how can i post a new post. i am not getting any option to post a new question. any suggestion is highly appreciated. thanks, Arpit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thearpit
1 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Cann't post reply or create new threads

Hi Admin I got the error message as follows when I reply or create new thread. To reply to threads in this forum your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 9 posts. Is there any problems with my account? How I can reach the 10 replies? I cann't post any replies now. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ambious
1 Replies

5. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

I cannot post new thread and reply after register

Hi, Admin, I have met a problem that I cannot post new thread and reply after register. It reminds some information as shown in the below: case 1: To create new threads in this forum your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. case 2: To reply to threads in this forum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
1 Replies

6. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Not able to post thread/reply to thread

Dear Moderator I am not able to post any new thread or post reply to mine old thread. Kindly help as i am stuck on one problem and needed suggestion. Regards Jaydeep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
1 Replies

7. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to post or reply thread after login

I am unable to post reply to a thread. Whenever I will reply to any post I get the message every time : The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters. Even though length of the message is more than required. for example I tried to post ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
3 Replies

8. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to create new thread

Hi. I registered, but when trying to post, I get ... "Sorry, you do not have enough Bits to post a new thread" Google & Forum search showed some hits, but no solution. Please advide. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gehe
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Updates to Forum Navbar and Thread Reply for Unregistered Users

Hey You may have noticed I changed the navbar at the top a bit. I've almost finished converting the navbar to divs from table tags. In addition, for unregistered users, instead of seeing a "New Reply" button, unregistered users see a "Login to Reply" and icon which looks the same as our... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

New Buttons to Create New Discussions and Reply to Existing One

You may have noticed a lot of big blue buttons" on the site, replacing the Font Awesome icons for creating new discussions and replying to discussions. Here are the reasons for this change: A number of unix.com moderators, including Don Cragun and Ravinder Singh, have commented that new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies
thread_terminate(9r)													      thread_terminate(9r)

NAME
thread_terminate - General: Prepares to stop or stops execution of the specified kernel thread SYNOPSIS
kern_return_t thread_terminate( thread_t thread_to_terminate ); ARGUMENTS
Specifies a pointer to the thread structure associated with the kernel thread that you want to terminate. This pointer was returned in a previous call to the kernel_isrthread or kernel_thread_w_arg routine. DESCRIPTION
The thread_terminate routine prepares to stop or permanently stops execution of the specified kernel thread. You created and started this kernel thread in a previous call to the kernel_isrthread or kernel_thread_w_arg routine. These routines return a pointer to the thread structure associated with the newly created and started kernel thread. Kernel modules use this pointer as a handle to identify the specific kernel thread that thread_terminate stops executing. Typically, a kernel thread terminates itself. However, one kernel thread can terminate another kernel thread. A kernel thread that termi- nates itself must call thread_halt_self immediately after the call to thread_terminate. The reason for this is that thread_terminate only prepares the self-terminating kernel thread to stop execution. The thread_halt_self routine completes the work needed to stop execution (by performing the appropriate cleanup work) of the self-terminating kernel thread. Specifically, the thread_terminate routine works as follows: For terminating other kernel threads The thread_terminate routine stops execution of the specified kernel thread, frees any resources associated with that kernel thread, and thus makes the kernel thread unavailable. To make the kernel thread available again, you need to create it by calling ker- nel_isrthread or kernel_thread_w_arg. A kernel thread terminates itself The thread_terminate routine prepares to stop execution of the kernel thread that needs to terminate itself. The thread_halt_self routine completes the work needed to stop execution of the self-terminating kernel thread by performing the appropriate cleanup work. After you call these routines, the self-terminating kernel thread becomes unavailable until you create it again by calling kernel_isrthread or kernel_thread_w_arg. NOTES
You do not need to terminate every kernel thread that you create. You should not terminate a kernel thread that is waiting for some event. The basic rule is that you should terminate only those kernel threads that you do not need anymore. For example, if a dynamically config- ured kernel module uses kernel threads, you should terminate them in the CFG_OP_UNCONFIGURE entry point of the loadable module's configure routine. The kernel threads are no longer needed after the module is unconfigured. Note that the thread_terminate routine (for kernel threads that terminate other kernel threads) not only permanently stops execution of the specified kernel thread, but it also frees any resources associated with that kernel thread; thus, this kernel thread can no longer be used. RETURN VALUES
Upon successfully terminating the specified kernel thread, thread_terminate returns the constant KERN_SUCCESS. If the thread structure pointer passed to the thread_to_terminate argument does not identify a valid kernel thread, thread_terminate returns the constant KERN_INVALID_ARGUMENT. On any other error, thread_terminate returns the constant KERN_FAILURE. SEE ALSO
Data Structures: thread(9s) Routines: kernel_isrthread(9r), kernel_thread_w_arg(9r), thread_halt_self(9r) thread_terminate(9r)