Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Not a UNIX post!
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Not a UNIX post! Post 302807029 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 14th of May 2013 04:46:11 AM
Old 05-14-2013
@DGPickett.....I don't need anything. Seeing a non-Unix post which didn't belong anywhere near this forun added to an existing thread and fearing some lunatic attack I created this thread to tip off the moderators since it had been there a while and no action taken. Within about an hour the post was deleted by one of you but whoever did it did not acknowledge or close this thread.

If this thread is going to confuse then I suggest that you delete it completely.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

which unix?? <donīt know where to post>

Iīm struggling to find a system I like and thatīs not to overwhelming.. Iīve been using Ubuntu/Linux and itīs allright except that itīs pretty buggy and boots extremely slow. Iīm in need of a system that offers good programming features, simple or no x server, fast to boot and STABLE. Donīt care... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: riwaTNT
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Command To Post An URL

Can I post a URL from the unix prompt? If so, what is the command. :) Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Say
2 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

How to post a new thread (Regarding Unix related doubts) in Unix Forums

How to post a new thread (Regarding Unix related doubts) in Unix Forums. I registered my id but I am unable to post my Questions to Forum. Thanks & Regards, indusri (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indusri
1 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How do I post UNIX questions in the forum

I guess this is the way I post questions then. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwokang
1 Replies
PTHREAD_DETACH(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					 PTHREAD_DETACH(3)

NAME
pthread_detach -- detach a thread SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_detach(pthread_t thread); DESCRIPTION
The pthread_detach() function is used to indicate to the implementation that storage for the thread thread can be reclaimed when the thread terminates. If thread has not terminated, pthread_detach() will not cause it to terminate. The effect of multiple pthread_detach() calls on the same target thread is unspecified. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the pthread_detach() function will return zero. Otherwise an error number will be returned to indicate the error. Note that the function does not change the value of errno as it did for some drafts of the standard. These early drafts also passed a pointer to pthread_t as the argument. Beware! ERRORS
The pthread_detach() function will fail if: [EINVAL] The implementation has detected that the value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to that specified by the given thread ID, thread. SEE ALSO
pthread_join(3) STANDARDS
The pthread_detach() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1996 (``POSIX.1''). BSD
April 4, 1996 BSD