Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Broadcom under Fedora 18 (Spherical Cow) Post 302806951 by Skrynesaver on Tuesday 14th of May 2013 01:54:14 AM
Old 05-14-2013
So you reckon the b43-pci-bridge is compiled into the kernel rather than a built as a module?

And you're correct, grep -i b43 /boot/config-3.8.11-200.fc18.x86_64 shows lot's with a y rather than an m

Time to recompile the kernel then I guess.

Last edited by Skrynesaver; 05-14-2013 at 03:02 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Configuring Broadcom BCM5721 NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet

Hi, I have my server which has LAN with above model build onboard my Dell Server, I got this driver from SCO Unix website but yet to identify the following option: 1. PCI Slot- 2. Bus- 3. Device- 4. Function- Would anyone please kindly advice what should the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spiderweb
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compaq Proliant ML370 G2 with Broadcom BCM5703 NIC

I am trying to re-install this netwrok adapter on a server which has just had the motherboard replaced - so much for fault tolerant. I am running SCO Opensercer 5.0.7 Can anyone tell me the Bus no , device number etc that I need to configure this card? Thanks in advance Richard (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: farmacy
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 and Broadcom drivers

Hi to all, I've installed Solaris 10 on my workstation but I've some networks problems.My NIC,a Broadcom integrated chipset don't work with solaris.Whit the prtconf command I'm unable to identify the correct chipset's model.And I'm searching hovewer for some drivers but I'm fear that Broadcom... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bgf0
2 Replies

4. BSD

Broadcom 4312 in BSD

Is there a way to configure Broadocom wifi 4312 in a bsd system, FreeBSD or OpenBSD. I will appreciate any kind of help. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: piukeman
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

fedora grub help, moving to tri boot (XP, ubuntu, fedora soemething)

I will shortly be adding a fedora flavor to my devel box. I currently have XP (installed first on an ssd), ubuntu 10.04 (installed second on the first partition of a platter drive), and I want to add either Cent or SL on the second partition of the platter drive. I will probably also want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Broadcom TG3 drivers and TSO

We recently had some HP DL380 G8 servers delivered and I have installed RHEL 5.6 and 5.8 on them. Both OS use the Tegon3 driver for the BCM 5719 onboard NICs. Trouble I had was when any command expecting a lot of output ie sysctl -a was run the system hangs up and stops responding to ping for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileGSP
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Installing broadcom driver for wireless access

I use lspci and dmesg command and find out that i have ipw2000 wireless card on my laptop. I want to install driver for that but i'm not getting proper driver for that.My linux version is el5 and architecture is i386. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbharad
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Broadcom driver for Solaris

I'm having the hardest time finding the Broadcom drivers for Solaris. I need an odd ball, 32-bit for Solaris 10. Anyone know where I can find one? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ihatewindows
0 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Anybody want to talk about Dirty Cow?

Hi All, How worried is everyone about the Dirty Cow Linux exploit? Has anybody experienced attacks yet? From the research I've done it seems that the exploit is "reliable" (that is it works nearly every time on vulverable systems) which is not good news. We all believe that Unix/Linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hicksd8
3 Replies
SYSCTL.D(5)							     sysctl.d							       SYSCTL.D(5)

NAME
sysctl.d - Configure kernel parameters at boot SYNOPSIS
/etc/sysctl.d/*.conf /run/sysctl.d/*.conf /usr/lib/sysctl.d/*.conf DESCRIPTION
At boot, systemd-sysctl.service(8) reads configuration files from the above directories to configure sysctl(8) kernel parameters. CONFIGURATION FORMAT
The configuration files contain a list of variable assignments, separated by newlines. Empty lines and lines whose first non-whitespace character is "#" or ";" are ignored. Note that either "/" or "." may be used as separators within sysctl variable names. If the first separator is a slash, remaining slashes and dots are left intact. If the first separator is a dot, dots and slashes are interchanged. "kernel.domainname=foo" and "kernel/domainname=foo" are equivalent and will cause "foo" to be written to /proc/sys/kernel/domainname. Either "net.ipv4.conf.enp3s0/200.forwarding" or "net/ipv4/conf/enp3s0.200/forwarding" may be used to refer to /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/enp3s0.200/forwarding. The settings configured with sysctl.d files will be applied early on boot. The network interface-specific options will also be applied individually for each network interface as it shows up in the system. (More specifically, net.ipv4.conf.*, net.ipv6.conf.*, net.ipv4.neigh.* and net.ipv6.neigh.*). Many sysctl parameters only become available when certain kernel modules are loaded. Modules are usually loaded on demand, e.g. when certain hardware is plugged in or network brought up. This means that systemd-sysctl.service(8) which runs during early boot will not configure such parameters if they become available after it has run. To set such parameters, it is recommended to add an udev(7) rule to set those parameters when they become available. Alternatively, a slightly simpler and less efficient option is to add the module to modules-load.d(5), causing it to be loaded statically before sysctl settings are applied (see example below). CONFIGURATION DIRECTORIES AND PRECEDENCE
Configuration files are read from directories in /etc/, /run/, and /lib/, in order of precedence. Each configuration file in these configuration directories shall be named in the style of filename.conf. Files in /etc/ override files with the same name in /run/ and /lib/. Files in /run/ override files with the same name in /lib/. Packages should install their configuration files in /lib/. Files in /etc/ are reserved for the local administrator, who may use this logic to override the configuration files installed by vendor packages. All configuration files are sorted by their filename in lexicographic order, regardless of which of the directories they reside in. If multiple files specify the same option, the entry in the file with the lexicographically latest name will take precedence. It is recommended to prefix all filenames with a two-digit number and a dash, to simplify the ordering of the files. If the administrator wants to disable a configuration file supplied by the vendor, the recommended way is to place a symlink to /dev/null in the configuration directory in /etc/, with the same filename as the vendor configuration file. If the vendor configuration file is included in the initrd image, the image has to be regenerated. EXAMPLES
Example 1. Set kernel YP domain name /etc/sysctl.d/domain-name.conf: kernel.domainname=example.com Example 2. Apply settings available only when a certain module is loaded (method one) /etc/udev/rules.d/99-bridge.rules: ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="module", KERNEL=="br_netfilter", RUN+="/lib/systemd/systemd-sysctl --prefix=/net/bridge" /etc/sysctl.d/bridge.conf: net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-ip6tables = 0 net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-iptables = 0 net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-arptables = 0 This method applies settings when the module is loaded. Please note that, unless the br_netfilter module is loaded, bridged packets will not be filtered by Netfilter (starting with kernel 3.18), so simply not loading the module is sufficient to avoid filtering. Example 3. Apply settings available only when a certain module is loaded (method two) /etc/modules-load.d/bridge.conf: br_netfilter /etc/sysctl.d/bridge.conf: net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-ip6tables = 0 net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-iptables = 0 net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-arptables = 0 This method forces the module to be always loaded. Please note that, unless the br_netfilter module is loaded, bridged packets will not be filtered with Netfilter (starting with kernel 3.18), so simply not loading the module is sufficient to avoid filtering. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-sysctl.service(8), systemd-delta(1), sysctl(8), sysctl.conf(5), modprobe(8) systemd 237 SYSCTL.D(5)