Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File modification help: without manual editing through vi : Post 302806835 by [MA]Flying_Meat on Monday 13th of May 2013 05:53:51 PM
Old 05-13-2013
In a while read loop, you could
check the line for [8] then
echo line >> ip_stuff_file_name
otherwise
echo line >> not_ip_stuff_file_name
end check
done

move original_file_name to original_file_name_backup
move the not_ip_stuff_file_name to original_file_name

As usual, you want to run it on test data files only, until you are sure of the results.

There might be more elegant ways, but that's the first thing that came to mind.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File modification

Dear all, i have a file which contains this lines. 0-0 CC=1 0-01 0-011 0-0111 0-01110 F=500 CC=1 L=15 M=5 TRD=3948... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: panknil
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the file modification time of a file on nfs mount point

Hi I am accessing a file on nfs mounted device, after completing using of the file, i am tring to restore the access time and modification times of the file. So i got the previous modified time of the file using stat() function and trying to set the date and time for the file, To set these... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepthi.s
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File modification history

Can anyone please suggest an alternate command for "stat" . I am trying this on Solaris 5.9 , but the command doesn't exist. Basically i need to see one particalar file modification history. Any help is appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk1216
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

txt file modification which is beyond me

Dear all, I 'd like to create a new txt file using the old file. For example, in old file, if count=2 then in new file, repeat that row twice, with the only difference is: on the first row, 'start' column contains the 1st apart of the 'start' in the old file; while in the 2nd row, the 'start'... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with file modification

Hi, I have a file test.txt . The contain of the file is as below : 365798~SAPUS~PR5~0000799005~ADM CHARG MEDCAL INS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SLAC480 I want to modify this file. And file contain loking like "365798"~"SAPUS"~"PR5"~"0000799005"~"ADM CHARG MEDCAL... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for File Modification

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt. cat abcd.txt output is as follows : "aa"~"bb"~"001"~""~""~"cc" "dd"~"005"~"" ~""~"kk"~"aa"~"00 8"~""~""~ I want the output looking like: cat abcd.txt "aa"~"bb"~"001"~""~""~ "cc""dd"~"005"~""~""~ "kk"~"aa"~"008"~""~""~ I have a script. (4 Replies)
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi All, I have a file disk_space.log. cat disk_space.log 94% / 32% /boot 38% /mnt/data 100% /media/CDROM I want the output, like cat disk_space.log 94% / 100% /media/CDROM That means print the line those are grater-than 90%. And rest of the line is remove from file. I have a... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi All, I have a file. This file contain huge amount of data. I want to modify this file. I want enter new line when count of "~ character is 79. Please find below the code : cat file_name | tr -d '\n' | sed... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Modification

Hi, I have a file input.txt. cat input.txt output is as follows : Code: "0001"~"name"~"bb"~"20.25"~""~""~"0002"~"name" "dd"~"35.50"~"" ~""~"0003"~"name"~"aa"~"21.3 5"~""~""~ I want the output looking like: cat output.txt Code: "0001"~"name"~"bb"~"20.25"~""~""~... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help For File modification

Hi, I have a file. File contains are as follows : Feb 19, 2012 5:05:00 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080 Feb 19, 2012 5:05:00 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load INFO: Initialization processed in 771 ms Feb 20, 2012... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
CGI::Pretty(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					  CGI::Pretty(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Pretty - module to produce nicely formatted HTML code SYNOPSIS
use CGI::Pretty qw( :html3 ); # Print a table with a single data element print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); DESCRIPTION
CGI::Pretty is a module that derives from CGI. It's sole function is to allow users of CGI to output nicely formatted HTML code. When using the CGI module, the following code: print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); produces the following output: <TABLE><TR><TD>foo</TD></TR></TABLE> If a user were to create a table consisting of many rows and many columns, the resultant HTML code would be quite difficult to read since it has no carriage returns or indentation. CGI::Pretty fixes this problem. What it does is add a carriage return and indentation to the HTML code so that one can easily read it. print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); now produces the following output: <TABLE> <TR> <TD>foo</TD> </TR> </TABLE> Recommendation for when to use CGI::Pretty CGI::Pretty is far slower than using CGI.pm directly. A benchmark showed that it could be about 10 times slower. Adding newlines and spaces may alter the rendered appearance of HTML. Also, the extra newlines and spaces also make the file size larger, making the files take longer to download. With all those considerations, it is recommended that CGI::Pretty be used primarily for debugging. Tags that won't be formatted The following tags are not formatted: <a>, <pre>, <code>, <script>, <textarea>, and <td>. If these tags were formatted, the user would see the extra indentation on the web browser causing the page to look different than what would be expected. If you wish to add more tags to the list of tags that are not to be touched, push them onto the @AS_IS array: push @CGI::Pretty::AS_IS,qw(XMP); Customizing the Indenting If you wish to have your own personal style of indenting, you can change the $INDENT variable: $CGI::Pretty::INDENT = " "; would cause the indents to be two tabs. Similarly, if you wish to have more space between lines, you may change the $LINEBREAK variable: $CGI::Pretty::LINEBREAK = " "; would create two carriage returns between lines. If you decide you want to use the regular CGI indenting, you can easily do the following: $CGI::Pretty::INDENT = $CGI::Pretty::LINEBREAK = ""; AUTHOR
Brian Paulsen <Brian@ThePaulsens.com>, with minor modifications by Lincoln Stein <lstein@cshl.org> for incorporation into the CGI.pm distribution. Copyright 1999, Brian Paulsen. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. Bug reports and comments to Brian@ThePaulsens.com. You can also write to lstein@cshl.org, but this code looks pretty hairy to me and I'm not sure I understand it! SEE ALSO
CGI perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 CGI::Pretty(3pm)