Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Access Denied
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Access Denied Post 302806765 by Scott on Monday 13th of May 2013 03:14:08 PM
Old 05-13-2013
Or maybe something in /etc/profile (or equivalent) if it's affecting not only root (as the first sentence suggests)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Ftp access denied

Hello,I must share file from Linux machine to Solaris.I've enabled ftp with svcadm enable ftp,when I connect from Linux box I have this "Name (192.168.1.4:root): anonymous 331 Guest login ok,send your complete e-mail address as password Password : (I give my e-mail address) 530 Login incorrect... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bgf0
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

New RH User - Access Denied

Hi, We were just recently given a new VM instance with Red Hat linux. The only user account that can log in successfully is the root account. I made sure that the user z021407 has access to their directory and the account can read the home directory, but I can't log in with the new account... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edrichard
2 Replies

3. SuSE

"scp" access denied:/etc/security/access.conf

Guys i have 2 SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 (i586) boxes.if i take a look into /etc/security/access.conf ,i see following lines at the eof # All other users should be denied to get access from all sources. #- : ALL : ALL - : myID : ALL now earlier i had written scripts where files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ak835
1 Replies

4. Solaris

root access denied

Hi, I have installed solaris 10 on my local system. i want to connect with remotely using putty. it works when i connect remotely with telnet. but when i connect using ssh. it gives access denied error. i have comment the CONSOLE=/dev/console in /etc/default/login but it still don't work Plz... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
4 Replies

5. Programming

Access denied for user at localhost

Hi guys. We can can connect to mysql server from command line with some user. but when using mysql_connect() it says: access is denied for user 'someuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES) what should i do? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
6 Replies

6. AIX

Why access to the servers is denied?

There is one aix server, IP is 152.240.28.14, the user IP is 152.240.88.64, The user is able to get access briefly then all access is denied from the whole subnet 152.240.88.0. a short while later access is granted and the same thing happens all over again. The customer is able to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

Adduser -> Access denied

hi, I have a problem with any user i created on a linux server RH. With the user root i did: adduser toto passwd toto (to give it a password - message : "all authentication tokens updated successfully") I can do a "su - toto", but when I try to connect it directly by ssh i have the message... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
3 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

seteuid access denied - openSSH installation

Hi, I have installed openssh in one of my windows servers following SUA community guidelines. I can successfully install and generate RSA DSA keys. But I cannot SSH to server from my Solaris machine. Below is the output from ssh -v <server>. Also I tried to SSH from the K-shell to localhost... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkk
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Access Denied

Hi All, I have a root access for one of the server. But, when i try to cd one particular directory i will get the access denied message. Even though that particular directory is created under root. What would be the cause for this? I really wonder if any one have answer for my... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sricharan21
20 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

X-Server access is denied on host

The situation is: I have a RHEL 7.3 VM that I am able to access via both ssh and VM console. I am able to run all of the standard commands for verifying that X11 forwarding/xhost permissions are working (xclock, nautilus, firefox, etc.) i can also run the runInstaller for Oracle client, No problems... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melghaze
1 Replies
OverrideShell(3X)														 OverrideShell(3X)

NAME
OverrideShell - The OverrideShell widget class SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> #include <X11/Shell.h> DESCRIPTION
OverrideShell is used for shell windows that completely bypass the window manager, for example, PopupMenu shells. Classes OverrideShell inherits behavior and resources from Core, Composite, and Shell. The class pointer is overrideShellWidgetClass. The class name is OverrideShell. New Resources OverrideShell defines no new resources, but overrides the XmNoverrideRedirect and XmNsaveUnder resources in the Shell class. Inherited Resources OverrideShell inherits behavior and resources from the following superclasses. For a complete description of each resource, refer to the man page for that superclass. The following table defines a set of widget resources used by the programmer to specify data. The programmer can also set the resource values for the inherited classes to set attributes for this widget. To reference a resource by name or by class in a .Xdefaults file, remove the XmN or XmC prefix and use the remaining letters. To specify one of the defined values for a resource in a .Xdefaults file, remove the Xm prefix and use the remaining letters (in either lowercase or uppercase, but include any underscores between words). The codes in the access column indicate if the given resource can be set at creation time (C), set by using XtSetValues (S), retrieved by using XtGetValues (G), or is not applicable (N/A). Shell Resource Set Class: XmCAllowShellResize Default: False Type: Boolean Access: CG Class: XmCCreatePopupChildProc Default: NULL Type: XtCreatePopupChild- Proc Access: CSG Class: XmCGeometry Default: NULL Type: String Access: CSG Class: XmCOverrideRedirect Default: True Type: Boolean Access: CSG Class: XmCCallback Default: NULL Type: XtCallbackList Access: C Class: XmCCallback Default: NULL Type: XtCallbackList Access: C Class: XmCSaveUnder Default: True Type: Boolean Access: CSG Class: XmCVisual Default: CopyFromParent Type: Visual * Access: CSG Composite Resource Set Class: XmCReadOnly Default: NULL Type: WidgetList Access: G Class: XmCInsertPosition Default: NULL Type: XtOrderProc Access: CSG Class: XmCReadOnly Default: 0 Type: Cardinal Access: G Core Resource Set Class: XmCAccelerators Default: dynamic Type: XtAccelerators Access: CSG Class: XmCSensitive Default: dynamic Type: Boolean Access: G Class: XmCBackground Default: dynamic Type: Pixel Access: CSG Class: XmCPixmap Default: XmUNSPECIFIED_PIXMAP Type: Pixmap Access: CSG Class: XmCBorderColor Default: XtDefaultForeground Type: Pixel Access: CSG Class: XmCPixmap Default: XmUNSPECIFIED_PIXMAP Type: Pixmap Access: CSG Class: XmCBorderWidth Default: 1 Type: Dimension Access: CSG Class: XmCColormap Default: dynamic Type: Colormap Access: CG Class: XmCDepth Default: dynamic Type: int Access: CG Class: XmCCallback Default: NULL Type: XtCallbackList Access: C Class: XmCHeight Default: dynamic Type: Dimension Access: CSG Class: XmCInitialResourcesPersistent Default: True Type: Boolean Access: C Class: XmCMapped- WhenManaged Default: True Type: Boolean Access: CSG Class: XmCScreen Default: dynamic Type: Screen * Access: CG Class: XmCSensitive Default: True Type: Boolean Access: CSG Class: XmCTranslations Default: dynamic Type: XtTranslations Access: CSG Class: XmCWidth Default: dynamic Type: Dimension Access: CSG Class: XmCPosition Default: 0 Type: Position Access: CSG Class: XmCPosition Default: 0 Type: Posi- tion Access: CSG Translations There are no translations for OverrideShell. SEE ALSO
Composite(3X), Core(3X), Shell(3X) OverrideShell(3X)