Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check "A law" or "Mu law"
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Check "A law" or "Mu law" Post 302806759 by learnix on Monday 13th of May 2013 03:02:20 PM
Old 05-13-2013
Check "A law" or "Mu law"

Does anyone know how to check if a .wav file is encoded with "A law" or "Mu law" in Linux and PC? I tried
Code:
sox --i filename.wav

on my PC, but I don't think it tell you if the file is A law or Mu law. Thanks.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

3. Solaris

How to check "faulty" or "stalled" print queues - SAP systems?

Hi all, First off, sorry for a long post but I think I have no other option if I need to explain properly what I need help for. I need some advise on how best to check for "faulty" or "stalled/jammed' print queues. At the moment, I have three (3) application servers which also acts as print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

8. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
sid2wav(1)							   User Commands							sid2wav(1)

NAME
sid2wav - output wav files out of sid files SYNOPSIS
sid2wav [-commands] <datafile>|- [outputfile] DESCRIPTION
Sid2wav is a synthetic waveform generator from sid files, named after the Sound Interface Chip found in Commodore 64 personal computers. With this tool, one can 'convert' sid files to wav ones that popular music players like XMMS can play. Note that you don't have to convert sid files just to listen them, sidplay can play it for you just as it would sound on a real C64. Also, XMMS has an input plugin to play sid files directly. The use is that you may convert sid tunes to wav and later to any compressed format like Ogg or MP3 for users lacking sid- play. Other use would be to convert files to wav for audio CD creation. COMMANDS
-h gives help on usage. -f<num> set frequency in Hz (default: 44100). -16 16-bit (default: 8-bit) -s stereo (default: mono). -ss enable stereo surround. -u au output (8000Hz mono 8-bit u-law). -o<num> set song number (default: preset). -a improve PlaySID compatibility (not recommended). -a2 transparent ROM memory mode (overrides -a). -n enable NTSC-clock speed for VBI tunes (not recommended). -nf no SID filter emulation. -ns MOS 8580 waveforms (default: MOS 6581). -m<num> mute voices out of 1,2,3,4 (default: none). Example: -m13 (voices 1 and 3 off). -t<num> set seconds to play (default: 60). -b<num> skip first <num> seconds into the song (default: 0). -fin<num> fade-in time in seconds (default: 0). -fout<num> fade-out time in seconds (default: 2). SEE ALSO
sidplay(1), xmms (1). AUTHORS
Michael Schwendt <sidplay@geocities.com> Adam Lorentzon <d93-alo@nada.kth.se> This manpage was written for the Debian GNU/Linux system by Laszlo 'GCS' Boszormenyi <gcs@lsc.hu> (but may be used by others). Sidplay May, 2004 sid2wav(1)