Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Broadcom under Fedora 18 (Spherical Cow) Post 302806645 by Corona688 on Monday 13th of May 2013 11:46:35 AM
Old 05-13-2013
If you have b43 anything built into your kernel this will interfere with using the wl module.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Configuring Broadcom BCM5721 NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet

Hi, I have my server which has LAN with above model build onboard my Dell Server, I got this driver from SCO Unix website but yet to identify the following option: 1. PCI Slot- 2. Bus- 3. Device- 4. Function- Would anyone please kindly advice what should the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spiderweb
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compaq Proliant ML370 G2 with Broadcom BCM5703 NIC

I am trying to re-install this netwrok adapter on a server which has just had the motherboard replaced - so much for fault tolerant. I am running SCO Opensercer 5.0.7 Can anyone tell me the Bus no , device number etc that I need to configure this card? Thanks in advance Richard (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: farmacy
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 and Broadcom drivers

Hi to all, I've installed Solaris 10 on my workstation but I've some networks problems.My NIC,a Broadcom integrated chipset don't work with solaris.Whit the prtconf command I'm unable to identify the correct chipset's model.And I'm searching hovewer for some drivers but I'm fear that Broadcom... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bgf0
2 Replies

4. BSD

Broadcom 4312 in BSD

Is there a way to configure Broadocom wifi 4312 in a bsd system, FreeBSD or OpenBSD. I will appreciate any kind of help. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: piukeman
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

fedora grub help, moving to tri boot (XP, ubuntu, fedora soemething)

I will shortly be adding a fedora flavor to my devel box. I currently have XP (installed first on an ssd), ubuntu 10.04 (installed second on the first partition of a platter drive), and I want to add either Cent or SL on the second partition of the platter drive. I will probably also want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Broadcom TG3 drivers and TSO

We recently had some HP DL380 G8 servers delivered and I have installed RHEL 5.6 and 5.8 on them. Both OS use the Tegon3 driver for the BCM 5719 onboard NICs. Trouble I had was when any command expecting a lot of output ie sysctl -a was run the system hangs up and stops responding to ping for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileGSP
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Installing broadcom driver for wireless access

I use lspci and dmesg command and find out that i have ipw2000 wireless card on my laptop. I want to install driver for that but i'm not getting proper driver for that.My linux version is el5 and architecture is i386. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbharad
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Broadcom driver for Solaris

I'm having the hardest time finding the Broadcom drivers for Solaris. I need an odd ball, 32-bit for Solaris 10. Anyone know where I can find one? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ihatewindows
0 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Anybody want to talk about Dirty Cow?

Hi All, How worried is everyone about the Dirty Cow Linux exploit? Has anybody experienced attacks yet? From the research I've done it seems that the exploit is "reliable" (that is it works nearly every time on vulverable systems) which is not good news. We all believe that Unix/Linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hicksd8
3 Replies
BWI(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    BWI(4)

NAME
bwi -- Broadcom BCM43xx IEEE 802.11b/g wireless network driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device bwi device wlan device wlan_amrr device firmware Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_bwi_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The bwi driver provides support for Broadcom BCM43xx based PCI/CardBus network adapters. It supports station and monitor mode operation. Only one virtual interface may be configured at any time. For more information on configur- ing this device, see ifconfig(8). This driver requires firmware to be loaded before it will work. The ports/net/bwi-firmware-kmod port needs to be installed before ifconfig(8) will work. HARDWARE
The bwi driver supports Broadcom BCM43xx based wireless devices, including: Card Chip Bus Standard Apple Airport Extreme BCM4306 PCI b/g Apple Airport Extreme BCM4318 PCI b/g ASUS WL-138g BCM4318 PCI b/g Buffalo WLI-CB-G54S BCM4318 CardBus b/g Buffalo WLI-PCI-G54S BCM4306 PCI b/g Compaq R4035 onboard BCM4306 PCI b/g Dell Wireless 1470 BCM4318 Mini PCI b/g Dell Truemobile 1400 BCM4309 Mini PCI b/g HP nx6125 BCM4319 PCI b/g Linksys WPC54G Ver 3 BCM4318 CardBus b/g Linksys WPC54GS Ver 2 BCM4318 CardBus b/g TRENDnet TEW-401PCplus BCM4306 CardBus b/g US Robotics 5411 BCM4318 CardBus b/g EXAMPLES
Join an existing BSS network (i.e., connect to an access point): ifconfig wlan create wlandev bwi0 inet 192.168.0.20 netmask 0xffffff00 Join a specific BSS network with network name ``my_net'': ifconfig wlan create wlandev bwi0 ssid my_net up Join a specific BSS network with 64-bit WEP encryption: ifconfig wlan create wlandev bwi0 ssid my_net wepmode on wepkey 0x1234567890 weptxkey 1 up SEE ALSO
arp(4), cardbus(4), intro(4), pci(4), wlan(4), wlan_amrr(4), ifconfig(8), wpa_supplicant(8) HISTORY
The bwi driver first appeared in FreeBSD 8.0. AUTHORS
The bwi driver was written for DragonFly BSD by Sepherosa Ziehau and subsequently ported to FreeBSD. BUGS
Some card based on the BCM4306 and BCM4309 chips do not work properly on channel 1, 2 and 3. BSD
May 16, 2009 BSD