Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting awk Output as number instead of String Post 302806557 by Arun Mishra on Monday 13th of May 2013 09:07:07 AM
Old 05-13-2013
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. But after using the above if block i still got error.
I saw in debug mode the fileCount value as mentioned below:
Code:

fileCount=$'22454750\r'

the if condition is unable to match as below:

Code:

[' 22454750 = $'22454750\r' ']

PLease provide your inputs/suggestion on the above

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed - getting string instead of number

Hi! I am writing a script handling downloading list of files and I have to check whether file is present locally and if not finished than continue downloading. To do so I have to compare sizes of remote file and local file. To check remote file size I have to parse something like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hrwath
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: round output or delimit output of arithmatic string

I have a file with the following content. > cat /tmp/internetusage.txt 6709.296322 30000 2/7/2010 0.00I am using the following awk command to calculate a percentage from field 1 and 2 from the file. awk '{ print $1/$2*100 }' /tmp/internetusage.txt This outputs the value "22.3643" as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jelloir
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK - number of specified characters in a string

Hello, I'm new to using AWK and would be grateful for some basic advice to get me started. I have a file consisting of 10 fields. Initially I wish to calculate the number of . , ~ and ^ characters in the 9th field ($9) of each line. This particular string also contains alphabetical... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olly
6 Replies

4. Programming

get ID number from one string name by using awk

Hi guys, I am new to unix shell scripts. I have a file-A.txt which contained several names in "ABCo12345678.gz_to_ABCn12345678.gz" format. I want to extract the numbers in a "for" loop that means I can not use cut -c6-13 A.txt.Dose anyone know how to do it by using awk? Thank you so much. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrimpj
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk string to number conversion

Can someone explain whats happening here: $ awk 'BEGIN {print (2.5 - 1)}' 1,5 2.5 - 1 is correctly calculated to 1,5 (using european locale) $ echo "2.5" | awk '{temp = $1 - 1; print temp}' 1 If i now pipe the string 2.5 through awk it seems at it truncates 2.5 to 2? What's the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beow
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk number output

Hi, I have a problem when doing calculations in awk. I want to add up a few numbers and output the result. testfile: 48844322.87 7500.00 10577415.87 3601951.41 586877.64 1947813.89 $ awk '{x=x+$1};END{print x}' testfile 6.55659e+07The problem is the number format. It should show... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - find number in string

I am trying to go through a file that has a few million lines. I want to only pull lines that contain a number anywhere in the ninth field, but it has to be after a "/" character. Here is my awk: awk -F\| '$9 ~ /\/*{1,}*/ {print $0}' file1 > file2 However, it is just printing out every... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagamier
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to output lines less than number

I am trying to output all lines in a file where $7 is less than 30. The below code does create a result file, but with all lines in the original file. The original file is tab deliminated is that the problem? Thank you :). awk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS=","} $7 < 30 {print}' file.txt > result.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the number of string occurrences to display 0 entries in output

Hello Friends, Can somebody assist an issue I am having? I have a separate file with a list of account ids XXX200B02Y01 XXX200B03Y01 XXX200B05Y01 XXX200B07Y01 XXX200B08Y01 I call the file, and run an egrep against a directory and logfiles AccountID=$(cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liketheshell
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Concatenate a string and number and compare that with another string in awk script

I have below code inside my awk script if ( $0 ~ /SVC IN:/ ) { svc_in=substr( $0,23 , 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) { msg_arr=$0; } } else if ( $0 ~ /^SVC OUT:/ ) { svc_out=substr( $0, 9, 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya123
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)