Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Insert Command Creating Table Locking Problem Post 302806519 by senkerth on Monday 13th of May 2013 07:59:31 AM
Old 05-13-2013
Let me explain the Process

C++ code do a select every 30 secs during busy hours and evry 5 minute during non busy hours.

and my tool will be inserting anytime accessing the same table used by select operation from C++ code.

will exclusive Lock create any problem if the thread is not handled properly..? and since am locking the table for each and every insert , will that be a problem.

thanks,
senthil

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

locking problem

Hi... after unlock my computer from lock, all telnet windows which i opened previously are closing automaticaly... i hope u understand....plz give solution... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatramana
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to insert two columns (or two feilds) at the begining of the table

Hey guys/gals, So here is what i'm starting with...its a Solaris patch diag output. bash-3.0# pca -l Using /var/tmp/patchdiag.xref from Oct/20/08 Host: seiftsx4140 (SunOS 5.10/Generic_127128-11/i386/i86pc) List: missing Patch IR CR RSB Age Synopsis ------ -- - -- --- ---... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeekblack
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

select values from db1 table and insert into table of DB2

Hi I am having three oracle databases running in three different machine. their ip address is different. from one of the DB am able to access both the databases.(means am able to select values and insert values in to tables individually.) I need to fetch some data from DB1 table(say DB1 ip is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert into Oracle table thru UNIX - linux 2.6.9-89

Hi, I am trying to insert a record into a table (say dips_tbl) which resides in Oracle DB through a ksh script. I want to insert records into few of the table columns-not all. I'll give an e.g. for the date column "CREATE_DATE". For that I first execute SQL1="SELECT SYSDATE FROM DUAL" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a table

I have a file like below Iter 1: Best Model = 10.0 12.0 13.0 17.0 23.3 78.7 Iter 2: Best Model = 10.0 20.0 30.0 40.0 50.0 60.0 Iter 3: Best Model = 27.3 46.3 84.5 23.0 34.5 35.4 etc I want to use a scipts using csh or awk to select the iteration number and show the numbers in a table... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Problem insert $1 value into a command

Hi folks I am trying to use a call to a python command within a shell script to help validate a date. If I hard code the date to be checked in the string it works. As follows cmd_result=$(/usr/bin/python -c 'import time; print time.strftime("%d",time.strptime("31/02/2008", "%d/%m/%Y"))'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatMcDonagh
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a condensed table from a pre-existing table in putty

Hello, I'm working with putty on Windows 7 professional and I'd like to know if there's a way to gather specific lines from a pre-existing table and make a new table with that information. More specifically, I'd like the program to look at a specific column, say column N, and see if any of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deedee393
5 Replies

8. Programming

Table Locking in Insert Command.

Hi, i have a java based tool which does insert operation in a TABLE, and in parallel the same table is used by my C++ code which does select Query. the Table will be always busy, but sometimes the table is getting locked when i try to make an insert, am bit confused whether the lock is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert bulk values in DB table using isql

Hello, Objective is to insert bulk values in DB table using isql. Following code tried: isql -SServer_name -Ddb_name -Uuser_name -Ppassword < file.txt cat file.txt for i in `cat data_value_file.txt` do insert into tempdb..temp_table11 values ('$i') go done cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert one table and update another with shellscript

I have a problem with my shell script. I want to insert data from file to table1(empty) and then, compare table1 with table2 and update some fields. The first part is correct, but the second part does not work. The only way it works is if after the first part I truncate table1 and run the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nika_mill
1 Replies
VM_PAGE_BUSY(9) 					   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					   VM_PAGE_BUSY(9)

NAME
vm_page_busied, vm_page_busy_downgrade, vm_page_busy_sleep, vm_page_sbusied, vm_page_sbusy, vm_page_sleep_if_busy, vm_page_sunbusy, vm_page_trysbusy, vm_page_tryxbusy, vm_page_xbusied, vm_page_xbusy, vm_page_xunbusy, vm_page_assert_sbusied, vm_page_assert_unbusied, vm_page_assert_xbusied -- protect page identity changes and page content references SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <vm/vm.h> #include <vm/vm_page.h> int vm_page_busied(vm_page_t m); void vm_page_busy_downgrade(vm_page_t m); void vm_page_busy_sleep(vm_page_t m, const char *msg); int vm_page_sbusied(vm_page_t m); void vm_page_sbusy(vm_page_t m); int vm_page_sleep_if_busy(vm_page_t m, const char *msg); void vm_page_sunbusy(vm_page_t m); int vm_page_trysbusy(vm_page_t m); int vm_page_tryxbusy(vm_page_t m); int vm_page_xbusied(vm_page_t m); void vm_page_xbusy(vm_page_t m); void vm_page_xunbusy(vm_page_t m); options INVARIANTS options INVARIANT_SUPPORT void vm_page_assert_sbusied(vm_page_t m); void vm_page_assert_unbusied(vm_page_t m); void vm_page_assert_xbusied(vm_page_t m); DESCRIPTION
Page identity is usually protected by higher level locks like vm_object locks and vm page locks. However, sometimes it is not possible to hold such locks for the time necessary to complete the identity change. In such case the page can be exclusively busied by a thread which needs to own the identity for a certain amount of time. In other situations, threads do not need to change the identity of the page but they want to prevent other threads from changing the identity themselves. For example, when a thread wants to access or update page contents without a lock held the page is shared busied. Before busying a page the vm_object lock must be held. The same rule applies when a page is unbusied. This makes the vm_object lock a real busy interlock. The vm_page_busied() function returns non-zero if the current thread busied m in either exclusive or shared mode. Returns zero otherwise. The vm_page_busy_downgrade() function must be used to downgrade m from an exclusive busy state to a shared busy state. The vm_page_busy_sleep() function puts the invoking thread to sleep using the appropriate waitchannels for the busy mechanism. The parameter msg is a string describing the sleep condition for userland tools. The vm_page_busied() function returns non-zero if the current thread busied m in shared mode. Returns zero otherwise. The vm_page_sbusy() function shared busies m. The vm_page_sleep_if_busy() function puts the invoking thread to sleep, using the appropriate waitchannels for the busy mechanism, if m. is busied in either exclusive or shared mode. If the invoking thread slept a non-zero value is returned, otherwise 0 is returned. The parame- ter msg is a string describing the sleep condition for userland tools. The vm_page_sunbusy() function shared unbusies m. The vm_page_trysbusy() attempts to shared busy m. If the operation cannot immediately succeed vm_page_trysbusy() returns 0, otherwise a non- zero value is returned. The vm_page_tryxbusy() attempts to exclusive busy m. If the operation cannot immediately succeed vm_page_tryxbusy() returns 0, otherwise a non-zero value is returned. The vm_page_xbusied() function returns non-zero if the current thread busied m in exclusive mode. Returns zero otherwise. The vm_page_xbusy() function exclusive busies m. The vm_page_xunbusy() function exclusive unbusies m. Assertions on the busy state allow kernels compiled with options INVARIANTS and options INVARIANT_SUPPORT to panic if they are not respected. The vm_page_assert_sbusied() function panics if m is not shared busied. The vm_page_assert_unbusied() function panics if m is not unbusied. The vm_page_assert_xbusied() function panics if m is not exclusive busied. SEE ALSO
vm_page_aflag(9), vm_page_alloc(9), vm_page_deactivate(9), vm_page_free(9), vm_page_grab(9), vm_page_insert(9), vm_page_lookup(9), vm_page_rename(9), VOP_GETPAGES(9) BSD
August 07, 2013 BSD