Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Checking xlc compiler version Post 302806057 by bakunin on Sunday 12th of May 2013 09:32:11 AM
Old 05-12-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by manoj.solaris
how to check xlc compiler version using command line? example gcc --version
Honestly, i don't quite get it. lslpp is the common method to get version information in AIX an it works already from the command line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoj.solaris
though it is showing in installed state, how to verify it using command line?
I might be slow, but i don't get this either. Of course you can only obtain a version information if the compiler is installed (the packages shown in your example aren't the compiler at all, just the runtimes).

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gcc compiler version?

How do you determine which version of the GNU gcc compiler is on your system? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ben070371
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What version is the compiler?

Hi ! we have a intel fortran compiler on our computer. How do i find out what version it is ? Thank you, dsmv. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsmv
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I install aC++ Compiler bundle Evaluation version

according those steps 1. Copy your 26 digit hexadecimal license key in a plain text (ASCII) file. 2. Save the file as aCC.cwd in the following location: /opt/aCC/newconfig/aCC.cwd 3. export the variable ST_CODEWORD to point to the file where the license key is stored. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
0 Replies

4. AIX

AIX Xlc compiler

Hi Team I have a native applicaiton built on AIX using the xLC v8 Which could be the possible impacts from a code change point of view if I'll compile with the xLC v10? Thanks Marco (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antcos
0 Replies

5. AIX

install two different compiler version

Hi all. I have a simple question. There's a way to install under AIX system (5.3) two different compiler version, i.e. ibm xlf fortran 11 and 12? Seems that smitty doesn't allows user to change the default installation path; it only allows you to save the replaced files of the superseded... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poldo000
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XLC compiler: enterprise edition VS XLC for AIX

Who can explain in a few words the difference between XLC for AIX and XLC enterprise Edition for AIX (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fvaltat1
0 Replies

7. AIX

xlc compiler options versus gcc

Hi all, I would like to compile a program and get current errors and warnings report to me as « gcc -Wall ». Does someone can give me these options to get an equivalent ? Or the ommon option used to put them in a CFLAGS in a Makefile. Something like : xlc -O2 -Wall my_prog.c -o... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: domiq44
5 Replies

8. Programming

Choose compiler version

Hi, I'm new, here, and I'm searching for a simple solution for a simple problem. I'm working on RedHat 4.4.6-4 through a CentOS Virtual Machine and due to some reasons I must compile my C++ codes with these two different g++ versions: 4.4.6 and 4.2.2. The fact is that I should be able to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcuss
4 Replies

9. AIX

AIX xlc compiler vs gcc

Hello, We are migrating some applications from previously running on an AIX system to a Linux RedHat system. I was tasked with recompiling some of the code. Unfortunatly I am a big novice on this. So i have the commands used to compile the code with xlc compiler in the AIX environment and i am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spooksman
0 Replies

10. Linux

Xlc compiler on Redhat Linux

Hi , Currently i have my c and pro*c code got compiled in IBM POWER - AIX machine with xlc compiler version 9. We are planning to migrate all our applications from IBM POWER - AIX to Redhat Linux. Can i use the same current (IBM AIX) xlc compiler with the same compiling... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mugunthanvh
3 Replies
SC-CONFIG(1)						      General Commands Manual						      SC-CONFIG(1)

NAME
sc-config - script to get information about the installed version of SC SYNOPSIS
sc-config [--prefix[=DIR] ] [--exec-prefix[=DIR] ] [--version] [--libs] [--cppflags] [--cc] [--cflags] [--cxx] [--cxxflags] [--f77] [--f77flags] DESCRIPTION
The sc-config program can be used to obtain the compilers, compiler options and libraries needed to use the SC (Scientific Computing) tool- kit from your program. OPTIONS
The sc-config program returns information about how SC was compiled and installed. The following information is available: --prefix The directory where SC is installed. --version The version of SC. --libdir The directory were the libraries are found. --libs The libraries and library paths needed to link. --cppflags The include directories needed to build. --cc The C compiler. --cflags The C compiler flags. --cxx The C++ compiler. --cxxflags The C++ compiler flags. --f77 The FORTRAN 77 compiler. --f77flags The FORTRAN 77 compiler flags. EXAMPLES
To use the sc-config program to link your executable to SC, use a Makefile for GNU make similar to the following: SCCONFIG = /usr/bin/sc-config CXX := $(shell $(SCCONFIG) --cxx) CXXFLAGS := $(shell $(SCCONFIG) --cxxflags) CPPFLAGS := $(shell $(SCCONFIG) --cppflags) LIBS := $(shell $(SCCONFIG) --libs) myprog: myprog.o $(CXX) $(CXXFLAGS) -o $@ $^ $(LIBS) Version 2 15 Feb 2001 SC-CONFIG(1)