Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Scripting with executables
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Scripting with executables Post 302805959 by hayreter on Sunday 12th of May 2013 12:02:56 AM
Old 05-12-2013
I have the source code of executable

here are the relevant parts where it prompts on the screen:

1st prompt;
Code:

write(*,*)
write(*,*) '  Input run mode:'
write(*,*) '  ---------------'
write(*,*)
write(*,*) '  0 = calculates decay widths'
write(*,*) '  1 = decay events in file'
write(*,*)

read(*,'(i1)')  run_mode

2nd prompt;
Code:
write(*,*) 'input event file: (e.g. events.lhe)'
read(*,'(a)')  infile

3rd prompt;
Code:
write(*,*) 'name for output file: (e.g. dec-events.lhe)'
read(*,'(a)')  outfile

4th prompt;
Code:
write(*,*) ' Implemented decays are for:'
write(*,*) ' ---------------------------'
write(*,*)
write(*,*) ' Leptons: ta- ta+' 
write(*,*) ' Quarks : t t~' 
write(*,*) ' Bosons : z w+ w- h'        
write(*,*) ' Input particle to be decayed (e.g. t~):'
read(*,'(a3)',err=99)  name

5th prompt;
Code:
if(ip.eq.15) then  ! tau-
string(1) =  ' ta- -> vt   e- ve~  '
string(2) =  ' ta- -> vt  mu- vm~  '
string(3) =  ' ta- -> vt   l- vl~ (e+mu) '
string(4) =  ' ta- -> vt   pi-     '
string(5) =  ' ta- -> vt  rho(770)-'
write(*,'(i2,2x,a30)') (i,string(i),i=1,5)
write(*,*) ' '
write(*,*) 'your choice is:'   
read (*,*) imode

I tried to replace the 2nd argument of read statements with $1, $2, $3 etc. and recompiled. But it complains at the compilation level.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cksum all executables on drive

I know I can run the cksum command for multiple files in a directory and send the results to a new file. EX.) # cd /usr # cksum *_ex* > /tmp/cksumusr.txt But I can't figure out how to run this command on multiple files in all directories on drive. Is it possible to do this, without having... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crazykelso
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cannot create executables

I am trying to install PROFTPD-1.2.7 on a SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 Server with a gcc-2.95.2 installed the VOLS files from http://www.caldera.com/skunkware. The problem I am having is when I try to run ./configure in the proftpd directory I get this error: # ./configure checking build system... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stufine
6 Replies

3. Programming

executables ending with *

Hi All, I m very new to unix. I have a basic doubt .. In unix I m seeing that there is a * at the end of by executable name (exe1*).. Wht is the significance of that Thanks a lot in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: binums
2 Replies

4. Programming

Error creating executables

hi, I am getting error when trying to create binaaries for Xerces C++ error is configure:error:installation:cofihuration error:compiler cant create executables ??????????? Thanks in advance im using AIX flavour of IBM Im using ./configure command to create binaries.Its saying c... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetan2309
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding shell scripts to executables

Hi, I have written a shell script for automating some of our repetitive activities. I want all my colleagues to use my script and do the activities automatically by just running the script. But I do not want them to see the code. Is there a way we can generate something like an executable... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokachari
16 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching executables datewise

I want to search executable files after a particular time and date , i.e. in a folder if a file has been accessed,modified or changed after a particular date and time ,then that file should be listed , and current date and time should be stored in a file so that when i again run the script ,it ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: glamo_2312
6 Replies

7. Programming

Compare two executables

Hi - I have two complex (for me at least) make files. The older one creates a succesful executable. The later one uses if statements to conditionally make different versions of the executable. The 2nd produces an executable that fails. I have "eyeballed" the differences in the Make files and run... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrighterLater
18 Replies

8. Solaris

C compiler cannot create executables

Hi, I'm trying to compile Apache2.2 (I know it is available as a package) on a fresh install of Solaris Express 11. I've installed gcc-3 and gnu-bintutils via pkg. The config.log is attached (as config.txt). I don't see what I'm missing. Thanks, Doug (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Doug_M
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for executables

Hello Unix users, this is my first post here. :) I want to search a directory (and subdirectories) for executable files (files with rwx------ permission) and move them to a different folder. What Unix commands can accomplish this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagan_Radiation
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finding All Pro *C executables

Hi , I want to find all Pro *C executables in a directory say /. When i fire file command on Pro*c file it gives below o/p ELF-64 executable object file - PA-RISC 2.0 (LP64) my system is HP-UX eux012 B.11.23 U 9000/800 151107499 unlimited-user license but when i fire file on a C... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
2 Replies
xjack(6x)							XScreenSaver manual							 xjack(6x)

NAME
xjack - all work and no play makes jack a dull boy SYNOPSIS
xjack [-display host:display.screen] [-foreground color] [-background color] [-window] [-root] [-delay usecs] [-fps] DESCRIPTION
All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. XENVIRONMENT All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997 by Jamie Zawinski. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a fnord dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. AUTHOR
Jamie Zawinski <jwz@jwz.org>, 15-Nov-97. X Version 11 5.15 (28-Sep-2011) xjack(6x)