Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse through ~21,000 Database DDL statements -- Fastest way to perform search, replace and insert Post 302805805 by Peasant on Saturday 11th of May 2013 07:42:58 AM
Old 05-11-2013
Code:
BEGIN {
IGNORECASE=1
}
/^\(/,/^\)/ { # lets find out the table name and fill array.
	if ( $1 !~ /\(|\)/ ) {
	if ( match($0,/(from [a-z_]+)/)) {
	table=substr($0,RSTART+5,RLENGTH-5)
	}
	a[$0]
	}
}

{
if (sub("WITH DATA","WITH NO DATA")) { rtn = 1 }
} 1 # do END (change) or print same file.

END {
if ( rtn > 0 ) {
print "INSERT INTO " table
for ( i in a ) {
	printf i
	}
	printf "; \n"
	}
}

Save as job.awk and run in scripts as awk -f job.awk yourinputfile

Hope that helps
Regards
Peasant.
This User Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to insert line break + string in vi (search & replace )

Hello all i have big test file that has allot of structure text something like this : <foo1 *.html> <blah action> somthing 1 somthing 2 </blah> </foo1 > now i will like to insert 2 more lines of text below the <blah action> so it will be like : <foo1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How perform search & replace with pattner that contains \n?

In emacs I perform a non-regex search and replace where the pattern is ' + ' and the replacement text length is zero. Note that the first and last characters in the search pattern are apostrophes. How can I write a bash script to automate this search and replace using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fastest way to list a file in a folder containing 800,000 files using wildcard

Hi, I have a directory with possibly around 800,000 files in it. What is the fastest way to list file(s) in this directory with a wildcard. for example would ls -1 *.abcdefg.Z or find . -name "*.abcdefg.Z" be the fastest way to find all of the files that end with .abcdefg.Z... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required to parse Oracle imp show=y output to DDL Commands

Hi, I generated an Oracle schema DDL script file using the show=y option of the Oracle import utility but the file that it generates needs a little more formating before we can run this as simple DDL comands to generate the schema at Target using the script file.Here is the simplified output of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

block of name value pair to db insert statements

Hi, I need to convert the following file into DB insert statements. $ cat input.txt START name=john id=123 date=12/1/09 END START name=sam id=4234 status=resigned date=12/1/08 END (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vlinet
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Case statements and creating a file database

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The assignment is posted below: Maintain automobile records in a database Write a shell script to create,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Boltftw
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell program to parse CSV text file and insert values into Oracle database

Enclosed is comma separated text file. I need to write a korn shell program that will parse the text file and insert the values into Oracle database. I need to write the korn shell program on Red Hat Enterprise Linux server. Oracle database is 10g. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellguy
15 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep or sed to search, replace/insert chars!

HI All Im trying to come up with an approach to finding a string, using a portion of that string to insert it on lines starting with the value "GOTO" appending to end of line after removing PT's ( See example below! ) EXAMPLE: 1. I would like to search for the line that starts with "TLAXIS/"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: graymj
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse log file to insert into database

I have a log file that's created daily by this command: sar -u 300 288 >> /var/log/usage/$(date "+%Y-%m-%d")_$(hostname)_cpu.log It that contains data like this: Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64 (myhostname) 08/15/2015 _x86_64_ (1 CPU) 11:34:17 PM CPU %user %nice ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: unplugme71
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read latest log files and perform database insert

Hi Experts, I have a situation where I need to write a shell script to continuously monitor a log directory with multiple log files and perform following: 1. Read the latest log file continuously and grep "Success" OR "Failure" 2. As it capture either Success or Failure, it has to perform a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rish_max
1 Replies
AUSEARCH_ADD_ITEM(3)						  Linux Audit API					      AUSEARCH_ADD_ITEM(3)

NAME
ausearch_add_item - build up search rule SYNOPSIS
#include <auparse.h> int ausearch_add_item(auparse_state_t *au, const char *field, const char *op, const char *value, ausearch_rule_t how); DESCRIPTION
ausearch_add_item adds one search condition to the current audit search expression. The search conditions can then be used to scan logs, files, or buffers for something of interest. The field value is the field name that the value will be checked for. The op variable describes what kind of check is to be done. Legal op values are: exists just check that a field name exists = locate the field name and check that the value associated with it is equal to the value given in this rule. != locate the field name and check that the value associated with it is NOT equal to the value given in this rule. The value parameter is compared to the uninterpreted field value. The how value determines how this search condition will affect the existing search expression if one is already defined. The possible val- ues are: AUSEARCH_RULE_CLEAR Clear the current search expression, if any, and use only this search condition. AUSEARCH_RULE_OR If a search expression E is already configured, replace it by (E || this_search_condition). AUSEARCH_RULE_AND If a search expression E is already configured, replace it by (E && this_search_condition). RETURN VALUE
Returns -1 if an error occurs; otherwise, 0 for success. SEE ALSO
ausearch_add_expression(3), ausearch_add_interpreted_item(3), ausearch_add_timestamp_item(3), ausearch_add_regex(3), ausearch_set_stop(3), ausearch_clear(3), ausearch_next_event(3), ausearch-expression(5). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb Red Hat Nov 2007 AUSEARCH_ADD_ITEM(3)