Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help turning off bootpd
Operating Systems SCO Need help turning off bootpd Post 302805741 by migurus on Friday 10th of May 2013 08:06:50 PM
Old 05-10-2013
Worked, thank you. Indeed I was surprised to run stop/start and nobody dropped connection.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bootpd Messages

Hi , I had rebooted my Sun Machine 2 days back... I was going thru my messages file ... I notice this messages Bootpd :- IP address not found x.x.x.x Wat is this bootpd and why is it looking for IPs ... How do i turn it off .. JD (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jai
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Turning off MMDF permanently

This is definitely a post from a "UNIX Newbie" - we have a SCO Unix machine that houses our customer database. I have been getting reports that the system starts lagging intermittently, and have managed to determine that the cause of the slowdown is a process called MMDF. I can manually kill... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: QmanV2
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

turning off certain http requests

On a sparc solaris 8 host running sunone webserver 6 I would like to limit the http requests that can be used when port 80 is accessed. We currently have http/1.0 enabled. For example I would like to remove the http request DELETE. Regards, BLP (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blp001
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Turning off the CDE

I am running Solaris 9 and wanted the CDE stopped when my users login. Can this be done by adding something to the .profile? Basically when they login they should be at the command line and have to start the CDE themselves. Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: meyersp
11 Replies

5. Solaris

Need actual bootpd for solaris

Hi everybody, i have downloaded some archieves but i couldn't compile it without errors. please help... where can i find a bootp that works?! my hardware: sparc prozessor with solaris 8 (5.8 (2.8)) thanks Johnny (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnnypark
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

turning case into a if statement

How can i convert this case statement that i made to an if statement? Do not write script, just give a hint on how to do something below. #!/bin/sh hi="$1" case "$hi" in ) exit 0;; * ) exit 1;; esac echo "$hi" Here is what i got so far for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brentdeback
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Turning Echo off

Hi, Is there any way like in dos to turn the echo off in a script? i have some lines popping up that i dont wish to be viewed when i am unziping a file it brings up the message updating: log.txt (deflated 72%) and extracting: log.txt i dont want these be viewed. Andy (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chapmana
4 Replies

8. AIX

turning auditing on AIX 4.3

Hi, What's the best way to turn on the auditing in AIX 4.3? I'm in an environment where root password are shared with many users. Can sudoers member be audited properly? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Turning in.ftpd on and off

For two straight days someone was running in.ftpd in my server (apparently looking to break in) and when I would do "top" almost every line would read "in.ftpd". I had a unix sysadmin friend of mine shut it down and then start it back up in a day and a half and all seems OK for now. Here's what I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thomi39
1 Replies

10. AIX

turning CIO on and how to monitor

Hi Guys, I have a database server where we run AIX 5.3 on a power5 box and we just turned on CIO (concurrent I/O) for the database filesystems. Now my assumption is that enabling CIO the database basically will bypass the filesystem cache releasing some extra memory that can be allocated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hariza
1 Replies
BOOTPTEST(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      BOOTPTEST(8)

NAME
bootptest - send BOOTP queries and print responses SYNOPSIS
bootptest [ -f bootfile ] [ -h ] [ -m magic_number ] server-name [template-file] DESCRIPTION
bootptest sends BOOTP requests to the host specified as server-name at one-second intervals until either a response is received, or until ten requests have gone unanswered. After a response is received, bootptest will wait one more second listening for additional responses. OPTIONS
-f bootfile Fill in the boot file field of the request with bootfile. -h Use the hardware (Ethernet) address to identify the client. By default, the IP address is copied into the request indicating that this client already knows its IP address. -m magic_number Initialize the first word of the vendor options field with magic_number. A template-file may be specified, in which case bootptest uses the (binary) contents of this file to initialize the options area of the request packet. CREDITS
The bootptest program is a combination of original and derived works. The main program module (bootptest.c) is original work by Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>. The packet printing module (print-bootp.c) is a slightly modified version of a file from the BSD tcpdump program. This program includes software developed by the University of California, Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory and its contributors. (See the copyright notice in print-bootp.c) SEE ALSO
bootpd(8) REFERENCES
RFC951 BOOTSTRAP PROTOCOL (BOOTP) RFC1048 BOOTP Vendor Information Extensions MAINTENANCE COMMANDS
10 June 1993 BOOTPTEST(8)