Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Scan for anchor tags in Perl? Post 302805605 by sldsand on Friday 10th of May 2013 12:32:48 PM
Old 05-10-2013
Scan for anchor tags in Perl?

Hello all,

I have some .html files on my hard drive and trying to figure out (if it's possible) how to scan the files in the directory for <a> anchor tags to find linked files. I know how to bring the files in with Perl, but as text. Wondering if there's a way to probe the file for information.

Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP Name scan

Hi. how to search a range of IP:s for their registed IP names? Like nslookup or host for all IPs 130.xxx.xxx.1 to 130.xxx.xxx.254 //nicke (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicke30
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to scan through files

Dear perl gurus, I plan to create a script that will scan through a logfile line by line. And if ever a certain line meets the below conditions, it will alert me via email. --> a) Position 10 to 13 = "ABCD" b) And also if the amount specified in position 620-640 is less than the amount in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gholdbhurg
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to scan back lines

Hi Perl gurus, I have this file to scan through. Sample lines below: 2008031A, USERNAME, 12345, give ABC, take XYZ, transaction submitted 2008031B, USERNAME, 12346, waiting for processing 2008031C, USERNAME, 12347, Retrieving response 2008031D, USERNAME, 12348, This is not a valid dealing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gholdbhurg
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

scan directory

The script should _scan a specific directory _If a file name is like one provided, then run the command to send the file via CFT The name should be picked from a list. The current list is : ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fireit
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep/egrep fails with $ anchor?

The $ seems to fail for me. I'm using GNU grep 2.5.4 (that is, nothing out of the ordinary, just what came with my distro) but I can't get the final anchor $ to work for me. (^ works as usual.) Behavior without anchor: $ /bin/grep -E 'tium' file tritium tertium quid Expected behavior: $... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
2 Replies

6. Linux

SCEP and Trust Anchor

Hi Does anybody knows about the simple certificate enrollment protocol details ? if yes please provide me the details. And what is a trust anchor profile ? Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitus.28
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting anchor text and its URL from HTML files in BASH

Hi All, I have some HTML files and my requirement is to extract all the anchor text words from the HTML files along with their URLs and store the result in a separate text file separated by space. For example, <a href="/kid/stay_healthy/">Staying Healthy</a> which has /kid/stay_healthy/ as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

8. AIX

Scan Rate

Hello, How can i tell ifthe ratio between fr and sr is ok? is fr/sr ratio of 0.9 acceptable? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

best way to scan?

i want to scan all open and closed ports on a server. how can i do this. i intend on using nmap, but if there are better ways to do it, please let me know. i understand there are a total of 6335 allowable ports on a server. so out of that 6335, i want to know which is open or closed. id... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the most widely used word anchor used in Regex?

Hello, All I learned from book about word anchor "\<" and "\>"; however when I tested them, they seem to work only in grep. Can anyone suggest word anchor that can be used in grep, awk, perl ...? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
3 Replies
tiffcmp(1)							   User Commands							tiffcmp(1)

NAME
tiffcmp - compare two TIFF files SYNOPSIS
tiffcmp [options] file1.tif file2.tif DESCRIPTION
tiffcmp compares the tags and data in two files created according to the Tagged Image File Format, Revision 6.0. The schemes used for com- pressing data in each file are immaterial when comparing data. Files are compared on a scanline-by-scanline basis after decompression. Most directory tags are checked, notable exceptions are GrayResponseCurve, ColorResponseCurve, and ColorMap tags. Data is not compared if any of the BitsPerSample, SamplesPerPixel, or ImageWidth values are not equal. By default, tiffcmp terminates if any difference is encountered. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -l List each byte of image data that differs between the files. -t Ignore any differences in directory tags. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: filex.tif The names of the TIFF files to be compared. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWTiff | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pal2rgb(1), tiffinfo(1), tiffcp(1), tiffmedian(1), libtiff(3) NOTES
Tags that are not recognized by the library are not compared. Such tags may also generate spurious diagnostics. Updated by Breda McColgan, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 26 Mar 2004 tiffcmp(1)