Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to understand a couple of Shell Logic Post 302805587 by Yoda on Friday 10th of May 2013 11:51:01 AM
Old 05-10-2013
To understand for loop refer: Bash For Loop

To understand $# refer: Special Shell Variables

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to understand the differences between the bash shell and the Bourne shell

I do not claim to be an expert, but I have done things with scripts that whole teams of folks have said can not be done. Of course they should have said we do not have the intestinal fortitude to git-r-done. I have been using UNIX actually HPUX since 1992. Unfortunately my old computer died and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: awk_sed_hello
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understand a old unix shell script

Hi All, I have a unix old script i but i am not able to understand the few commands in it and what it does. below is the script. if ; then for F in $(find $DIR/. ! -name . -prune -name "DP_*.dat") do IN=${F##/*/} OUT='ORD'$(echo $IN | cut -c7-) exec.ksh $IN... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kam786sim
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difficulty with a couple commands porting from korn shell to bash

I am relatively new to shell scripting. I have a script I wrote that works fine in korn shell. I need to make it work in bash on a different server. There are a couple valid korn shell commands I am having difficulty finding the bash equivalents for. At one point the scripts prompts the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: inakajin
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script using expect to login to couple of remote servers and read "crontab -l"

I need a shell script using expect to login to couple of remote servers and read "crontab -l -u <username>" & "cat /etc/rc.local" & "df -h" and able to create output into a file saved locally with hostname.crontab & hostname.rc.local & disk.status. I can supply a file as list of hostname or IP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaipsharma
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to understand shell script

Hello, Can someone please help me understand the shell script below for installing Jboss EAP 6? It is from jboss-as-standalone.sh, what does the highlighted code mean? # Load Java configuration. && . /etc/java/java.conf export JAVA_HOME Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnix
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with understand shell script coding

Good afternoon everyone, I am very new to UNIX shell scripting and I am trying to understand the following code. I know what it does but I need to modify it so it will allow me to pass a file name as *FILENAME* Thank for any guidance offered. if ] ; then match=`expr "$file" :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Walter Barona
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to understand the below shell script

Please help me to understand the below 3 lines of code.execute shell in jenkins 1)APP_IP=$( docker inspect --format '{{ .NetworkSettings.Networks.'"$DOCKER_NETWORK_NAME"'.IPAddress }}' ${PROJECT_NAME_KEY}"-CI" ) 2)HOST_WORKSPACE=$(echo ${WORKSPACE} | sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naresh85
1 Replies

8. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Not able understand logic and working

not understand (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptor
1 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				    CPANPLUS::Shell(3perl)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell - base class for CPANPLUS shells SYNOPSIS
use CPANPLUS::Shell; # load the shell indicated by your # config -- defaults to # CPANPLUS::Shell::Default use CPANPLUS::Shell qw[Classic] # load CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic; my $ui = CPANPLUS::Shell->new(); my $name = $ui->which; # Find out what shell you loaded $ui->shell; # run the ui shell DESCRIPTION
This module is the generic loading (and base class) for all "CPANPLUS" shells. Through this module you can load any installed "CPANPLUS" shell. Just about all the functionality is provided by the shell that you have loaded, and not by this class (which merely functions as a generic loading class), so please consult the documentation of your shell of choice. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic, cpanp perl v5.14.2 2014-09-29 CPANPLUS::Shell(3perl)