Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to understand a couple of Shell Logic Post 302805577 by johnprince1980 on Friday 10th of May 2013 11:28:58 AM
Old 05-10-2013
Need to understand a couple of Shell Logic

Hi,

I am trying what the following loop does :

Code:
for i in XYZ
do
	for j in M1 R1 R2 R3
	do
		if [ $j == "M1" ]
		then
			kList=""
			n=1
			while [ $n -le $num_m ]
			do
			 	kList="$kList $n"
			   	let n++
			done

There are a couple of loop as mentioned above for R1.R2.R3.

Also, would like to know what does following line means :

[ $# -lt 18 ]] && usage

JPrince

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to understand the differences between the bash shell and the Bourne shell

I do not claim to be an expert, but I have done things with scripts that whole teams of folks have said can not be done. Of course they should have said we do not have the intestinal fortitude to git-r-done. I have been using UNIX actually HPUX since 1992. Unfortunately my old computer died and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: awk_sed_hello
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understand a old unix shell script

Hi All, I have a unix old script i but i am not able to understand the few commands in it and what it does. below is the script. if ; then for F in $(find $DIR/. ! -name . -prune -name "DP_*.dat") do IN=${F##/*/} OUT='ORD'$(echo $IN | cut -c7-) exec.ksh $IN... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kam786sim
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difficulty with a couple commands porting from korn shell to bash

I am relatively new to shell scripting. I have a script I wrote that works fine in korn shell. I need to make it work in bash on a different server. There are a couple valid korn shell commands I am having difficulty finding the bash equivalents for. At one point the scripts prompts the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: inakajin
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script using expect to login to couple of remote servers and read "crontab -l"

I need a shell script using expect to login to couple of remote servers and read "crontab -l -u <username>" & "cat /etc/rc.local" & "df -h" and able to create output into a file saved locally with hostname.crontab & hostname.rc.local & disk.status. I can supply a file as list of hostname or IP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaipsharma
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to understand shell script

Hello, Can someone please help me understand the shell script below for installing Jboss EAP 6? It is from jboss-as-standalone.sh, what does the highlighted code mean? # Load Java configuration. && . /etc/java/java.conf export JAVA_HOME Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnix
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with understand shell script coding

Good afternoon everyone, I am very new to UNIX shell scripting and I am trying to understand the following code. I know what it does but I need to modify it so it will allow me to pass a file name as *FILENAME* Thank for any guidance offered. if ] ; then match=`expr "$file" :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Walter Barona
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to understand the below shell script

Please help me to understand the below 3 lines of code.execute shell in jenkins 1)APP_IP=$( docker inspect --format '{{ .NetworkSettings.Networks.'"$DOCKER_NETWORK_NAME"'.IPAddress }}' ${PROJECT_NAME_KEY}"-CI" ) 2)HOST_WORKSPACE=$(echo ${WORKSPACE} | sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naresh85
1 Replies

8. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Not able understand logic and working

not understand (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptor
1 Replies
IO::Async::Handle(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    IO::Async::Handle(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Handle" - event callbacks for a non-blocking file descriptor SYNOPSIS
This class is likely not to be used directly, because subclasses of it exist to handle more specific cases. Here is an example of how it would be used to watch a listening socket for new connections. In real code, it is likely that the "Loop->listen" method would be used instead. use IO::Socket::INET; use IO::Async::Handle; use IO::Async::Loop; my $loop = IO::Async::Loop->new; my $socket = IO::Socket::INET->new( LocalPort => 1234, Listen => 1 ); my $handle = IO::Async::Handle->new( handle => $socket, on_read_ready => sub { my $new_client = $socket->accept; ... }, ); $loop->add( $handle ); For most other uses with sockets, pipes or other filehandles that carry a byte stream, the IO::Async::Stream class is likely to be more suitable. For non-stream sockets, see IO::Async::Socket. DESCRIPTION
This subclass of IO::Async::Notifier allows non-blocking IO on filehandles. It provides event handlers for when the filehandle is read- or write-ready. EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_read_ready Invoked when the read handle becomes ready for reading. on_write_ready Invoked when the write handle becomes ready for writing. on_closed Optional. Invoked when the handle becomes closed. This handler is invoked before the filehandles are closed and the Handle removed from its containing Loop. The "loop" will still return the containing Loop object. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": read_handle => IO write_handle => IO The reading and writing IO handles. Each must implement the "fileno" method. Primarily used for passing "STDIN" / "STDOUT"; see the SYNOPSIS section of "IO::Async::Stream" for an example. handle => IO The IO handle for both reading and writing; instead of passing each separately as above. Must implement "fileno" method in way that "IO::Handle" does. on_read_ready => CODE on_write_ready => CODE on_closed => CODE CODE references for event handlers. want_readready => BOOL want_writeready => BOOL If present, enable or disable read- or write-ready notification as per the "want_readready" and "want_writeready" methods. It is required that a matching "on_read_ready" or "on_write_ready" are available for any handle that is provided; either passed as a callback CODE reference or as an overridden the method. I.e. if only a "read_handle" is given, then "on_write_ready" can be absent. If "handle" is used as a shortcut, then both read and write-ready callbacks or methods are required. If no IO handles are provided at construction time, the object is still created but will not yet be fully-functional as a Handle. IO handles can be assigned later using the "set_handle" or "set_handles" methods, or by "configure". This may be useful when constructing an object to represent a network connection, before the connect(2) has actually been performed yet. METHODS
$handle->set_handles( %params ) Sets new reading or writing filehandles. Equivalent to calling the "configure" method with the same parameters. $handle->set_handle( $fh ) Shortcut for $handle->configure( handle => $fh ) $handle->close This method calls "close" on the underlying IO handles. This method will then remove the handle from its containing loop. $handle->close_read $handle->close_write Closes the underlying read or write handle, and deconfigures it from the object. Neither of these methods will invoke the "on_closed" event, nor remove the object from the Loop if there is still one open handle in the object. Only when both handles are closed, will "on_closed" be fired, and the object removed. $handle = $handle->read_handle $handle = $handle->write_handle These accessors return the underlying IO handles. $fileno = $handle->read_fileno $fileno = $handle->write_fileno These accessors return the file descriptor numbers of the underlying IO handles. $value = $handle->want_readready $oldvalue = $handle->want_readready( $newvalue ) $value = $handle->want_writeready $oldvalue = $handle->want_writeready( $newvalue ) These are the accessor for the "want_readready" and "want_writeready" properties, which define whether the object is interested in knowing about read- or write-readiness on the underlying file handle. SEE ALSO
o IO::Handle - Supply object methods for I/O handles AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Handle(3pm)