Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX file system to Linux file system migration Post 302805329 by balajikalai on Friday 10th of May 2013 02:40:07 AM
Old 05-10-2013
UNIX file system to Linux file system migration

We would be migrating UNIX file system to Linux file system.
We do have many directory and sub directories with files.

after migrating unix to linux file system , i want to make sure all the files has been copied ? What would be the best approach to validate directory ,sub-directory and file size.

Please advise.

du command ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I send a file as an attachment (gzip file) on a Unix system

Hi, How do I send a file as an attachment (gzip file) on a Unix system ? Using sendmail. Please help me. :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lacca
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a file system of a remote machine to local file system

Hi friends, In my case, there are serveral PCs running Linux in a LAN. I would like to to mount the directory /A_river of machine-A to the file system of another machine machine-B so that I can access files in that directory. I do not know how to do this. The situation is complicated by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
2 Replies

3. Programming

compare XML/flat file with UNIX file system structure

Before i start doing something, I wanted to know whether the approach to compare XML file with UNIX file system structure. I have a pre-configured file(contains a list of paths to executables) and i need to check against the UNIX directory structure. what are the various approches should i use ? I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
6 Replies

4. SCO

file system not getting mounted in read write mode after system power failure

After System power get failed File system is not getting mounted in read- write mode (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtkpmbpl
1 Replies

5. Programming

Linux file system insight

I have a basic knowledge of the various structures like file, dentry, inode, superblocks of linux virtual file systems. I want to get a more deep insight as to how these structures are utilized in reality. I mean I want to get an understanding of how and where these structure come up in picture... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
4 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios: How to read the Linux system file?

hi 2 all i installed nagios in my linux srvr . check_ftp file is in format of system format . i wants to see the syntax for that script how can i read that file .. ??? please help me ! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File name on linux system

Hi, One of the customer wants to receive the file with name //CEC821.K003GUK.DOMD(+1) on their linux system. I am using Java application to send the file to remote system, but I am not able to send the file with that name ane even i am not able to create the file with that name on linux system. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
6 Replies

8. HP-UX

how to mount a file system from a solaris server into an hp-ux system

Hi all I wonder if its possible to mount on a hp-ux server a file system that was previously mounted on a solaris 10 server. The LUN is on NetApp stoarge. The problem on hp-ux I cannot do pvcreate on the lun (disk) because contains data. Any help will be appreciated FR (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies
MKFS.CRAMFS(8)                                                 System Administration                                                MKFS.CRAMFS(8)

NAME
mkfs.cramfs - make compressed ROM file system SYNOPSIS
mkfs.cramfs [options] directory file DESCRIPTION
Files on cramfs file systems are zlib-compressed one page at a time to allow random read access. The metadata is not compressed, but is expressed in a terse representation that is more space-efficient than conventional file systems. The file system is intentionally read-only to simplify its design; random write access for compressed files is difficult to implement. cramfs ships with a utility (mkcramfs) to pack files into new cramfs images. File sizes are limited to less than 16 MB. Maximum file system size is a little under 272 MB. (The last file on the file system must begin before the 256 MB block, but can extend past it.) ARGUMENTS
The directory is simply the root of the directory tree that we want to generate a compressed filesystem out of. The file will contain the cram file system, which later can be mounted. OPTIONS
-v Enable verbose messaging. -E Treat all warnings as errors, which are reflected as command return value. -b blocksize Use defined block size, which has to be divisible by page size. -e edition Use defined file system edition number in superblock. -N big, little, host Use defined endianness. Value defaults to host. -i file Insert a file to cramfs file system. -n name Set name of the cramfs file system. -p Pad by 512 bytes for boot code. -s This option is ignored. Originally the -s turned on directory entry sorting. -z Make explicit holes. -h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. EXIT STATUS
0 success 8 operation error, such as unable to allocate memory SEE ALSO
fsck.cramfs(8), mount(8) AVAILABILITY
The example command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux April 2013 MKFS.CRAMFS(8)