Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to give color and space?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to give color and space? Post 302805325 by vidyadhar85 on Friday 10th of May 2013 02:29:21 AM
Old 05-10-2013
[QUOTE=wisecracker;302805323]Hi vidyadhar85...

Your code should read:-
Code:
echo "\033[1;43m ANYTHING HERE \033[0m"

QUOTE]
Have you tried it and then concluded its not working?? It works really fine on AIX atleast..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

give some color to a word on echo output

Hi Supposed this text output: How can I show $HOSTNAME in other color than blank? :-) KSH on AIX (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Give user 5 chances to guess my favorite color

I wrote a script to give a user 5 guesses on what is my favorite color but I it doesn't work. I've only been scripting for a couple weeks and need some help it seems simple but how do I give the user 5 guesses? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noob
3 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Disk space script output in color

I'm connecting to 15 servers in using ssh and storing disk space details of each server in a text file Finally , I'm emailing that text file at the particular id using mail -x . The report looks something like this. Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /proc ... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
30 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

function terminating if i give input as space or no input and enter

HI i have written a script to ask input from the user. this script should promote the user for y/n input. if user enters anyother input then y/n the script promotes him again. this below code is working fine for all the cases. except for space and enter " if i give space and enter it is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BHASKARREDDY006
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Color encoding on the disk space script

Hi All, Hope all are doing good!! Am glad that i have utilized some ideas and written a code to make the disk space result comes better and it was successfully running in the production. The next update from my manager was to make this code to come in a table format with color added. 1)... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaihari
28 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)