Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to give color and space?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to give color and space? Post 302805323 by wisecracker on Friday 10th of May 2013 02:27:01 AM
Old 05-10-2013
Hi vidyadhar85...

Your code should read:-
Code:
echo "\033[1;43m ANYTHING HERE \033[0m"

Hi rajivgandhi...

To save me writing reams a good starting point:-
(Note not all terminals do all the available ANSI escape codes...)

Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANSI_escape_code

CYA...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

give some color to a word on echo output

Hi Supposed this text output: How can I show $HOSTNAME in other color than blank? :-) KSH on AIX (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Give user 5 chances to guess my favorite color

I wrote a script to give a user 5 guesses on what is my favorite color but I it doesn't work. I've only been scripting for a couple weeks and need some help it seems simple but how do I give the user 5 guesses? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noob
3 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Disk space script output in color

I'm connecting to 15 servers in using ssh and storing disk space details of each server in a text file Finally , I'm emailing that text file at the particular id using mail -x . The report looks something like this. Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /proc ... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
30 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

function terminating if i give input as space or no input and enter

HI i have written a script to ask input from the user. this script should promote the user for y/n input. if user enters anyother input then y/n the script promotes him again. this below code is working fine for all the cases. except for space and enter " if i give space and enter it is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BHASKARREDDY006
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Color encoding on the disk space script

Hi All, Hope all are doing good!! Am glad that i have utilized some ideas and written a code to make the disk space result comes better and it was successfully running in the production. The next update from my manager was to make this code to come in a table format with color added. 1)... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaihari
28 Replies
CMAP(5) 							File Formats Manual							   CMAP(5)

NAME
cmap - format of .cmap files (color maps) DESCRIPTION
Color-map files define the mapping between eight-bit color numbers and red, green and blue intensities used for those numbers. They are read by Magic as part of system startup, and also by the :load and :save commands in color-map windows. Color-map file names usually have the form x.y.z.cmapn, where x is a class of technology files, y is a class of displays, z is a class of monitors, and n is a version number (currently 1). The version number will change in the future if the formap of color-map files ever changes. Normally, x and y correspond to the corresponding parts of a display styles file. For example, the color map file mos.7bit.std.cmap1 is used today for most nMOS and CMOS technology files using displays that support at least seven bits of color per pixel and standard-phosphor monitors. It corresponds to the display styles file mos.7bit.dstyle5. Color-map files are stored in ASCII form, with each line containing four decimal integers separated by white space. The first three inte- gers are red, green, and blue intensities, and the fourth field is a color number. For current displays the intensities must be integers between 0 and 255. The color numbers must increase from line to line, and the last line must have a color number of 255. The red, green, and blue intensities on the first line are used for all colors from 0 up to and including the color number on that line. For other lines, the intensities on that line are used for all colors starting one color above the color number on the previous line and continuing up and through the color number on the current line. For example, consider the color map below: 255 0 0 2 0 0 255 3 255 255 255 256 This color map indicates that colors 0, 1, and 2 are to be red, color 3 is to be blue, and all other colors are to be white. SEE ALSO
magic(1), dstyle(5) 4th Berkeley Distribution CMAP(5)