Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Repeat command with new variable for each line in txt file Post 302805211 by pasc on Thursday 9th of May 2013 08:05:00 PM
Old 05-09-2013
So... like this:printf "cp /path/to/app.app/folder/$x.plist" >> /var/mobile/z_folder/"$x".sh
this:printf "cp /path/to/app.app/folder/"$x".plist" >> /var/mobile/z_folder/"$x".sh
or this?:
printf "cp /path/to/app.app/folder/""$x"".plist" >> /var/mobile/z_folder/"$x".sh
??
I think the first two didn't work for me... do they for you ?

Last edited by Scott; 05-09-2013 at 09:07 PM.. Reason: Removed formatting.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to list .txt and .TXT file

Hi expersts, in my directory i have *.txt and *.TXT and *.TXT.log, *.txt.log I want list only .txt and .TXT files in one command... how to ?? //purple (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thepurple
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems reiterating values from txt file into a variable

Hi, I have written a script to retrieve phone numbers from an error log and output the phone numbers into an text file. I then use the list of phone numbers to process each value into a variable so I can run a sql query and update the database. My problem is I can only process the first value... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdr411
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a line including Variable & Carriage Return / sed command as Variable

I want to instert Category:XXXXX into the 2. line something like this should work, but I have somewhere the wrong sytanx. something with the linebreak goes wrong: sed "2i\\${n}Category:$cat\n" Sample: Titel Blahh Blahh abllk sdhsd sjdhf Blahh Blah Blahh Blahh Should look like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to delete numbers at beginning of txt file line

Hello. I have the following issue: my txt file has the following format: train/dr4/fklc0/sx175.txt 0 80282 Severe myopia contributed to Ron's inferiority complex. train/dr4/fklc0/sx355.txt 0 42906 Dolphins are intelligent marine mammals. train/dr4/fklc0/sa2.txt awk 'NR%2==0' test1.txt >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: li_bi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

assigning variable in txt file

Hi all, One of my txt file has common format like . And I need to manually assign variable to "/a/b/c/file1/txt" , which has common text before "Calculated summary file:". I wonder if I can use some command to do that for me, that it read the file and check for that comonn text and assign... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to echo $variable into txt file?

Hello i tried many times echo $variables into text file with no success for example: echo "#!/bin/sh BBHTAG=RFOCLT_check # What we put in bb-hosts to trigger this test COLUMN=RFOCLT # Name of the column, often same as tag in bb-hosts $BBHOME/bin/bbhostgrep $BBHTAG | while read... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to append the date | abcddate.txt to the first line of my txt file

I want to add/append the info in the following format to my.txt file. 20130702|abcd20130702.txt FN|SN|DOB I tried the below script but it throws me some exceptions. <#!/bin/sh dt = date '+%y%m%d'members; echo $dt+|+members+$dt; /usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { FS="|"; OFS="|"; } { print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harik1982
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repeat for different variable

Hey, I've created following script: var1=test1 setA=testA if ... touch $setA/$var1 ... fi I would like now the repeat the command touch (in this example) for different variables. So below, the varX should run 3 times (var1, var2, var4). Var3 is skipped in this example... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brononius
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split Every Line In Txt Into Separate Txt File, Named Same As The Line

Hi All Is there a way to export every line into new txt file where by the title of each txt output are same as the line ? I have this txt files containing names: Kandra Vanhooser Rhona Menefee Reynaldo Hutt Houston Rafferty Charmaine Lord Albertine Poucher Juana Maes Mitch Lobel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in txt file and run a different command for each line

hi, i'm trying to write a tcsh script that reads in a text file (one column) and the runs a different command for each line of text. i've found lots of example commands for bash, but not for tcsh. can anyone give me a hint? thanks, jill (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: giuinha
8 Replies
TNTNET-CONFIG(1)					      General Commands Manual						  TNTNET-CONFIG(1)

NAME
tntnet-config - output compiler flags for tntnet usage SYNOPSIS
tntnet-config [--libs] [--cxxflags] [--config[=app]] [--makefile[=app]] [--project=app] [--autoproject=app] [--help] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the tntnet-config command. OPTIONS
This program's options start with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --libs Output linker flags. --cxxflags Output C++ preprocessor and compiler flags. --config[=app] Print default configuration file. --makefile[=app] Print a simple makefile for an ecpp project. --project=app Create a simple ecpp project directory. --autoproject=app Create a autotools based ecpp project. --help Show summary of options. --version Show version of program. AUTHOR
tntnet was written by Tommi Makitalo <tommi@tntnet.org>. This manual page was written by Kari Pahula <kaol@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
tntnet(8), ecppc(1), ecppl(1), ecppll(1). More documentation can be found in /usr/share/doc/tntnet-doc/. July 3, 2006 TNTNET-CONFIG(1)