Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to uninstall limbcrypt-devel? Post 302805173 by verdepollo on Thursday 9th of May 2013 06:12:44 PM
Old 05-09-2013
You cannot uninstall something you never had:
Code:
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package libmcrypt.x86_64 0:2.5.7-1.2.el6.rf will be updated
---> Package libmcrypt.x86_64 0:2.5.8-9.el6 will be an update
---> Package libmcrypt-devel.x86_64 0:2.5.8-9.el6 will be installed <---- !!!

Am I missing something here?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

devel.rpm

I have a question on how to make an rpm out of the source package distribution. just looking for a general procedure. Like say I have the MIT kerberos source, would I "make -C libs" or something like that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
2 Replies

2. Solaris

mysql-devel

I am trying to install Postfix on a Sun SPARC Solaris 9 server. I am not sure whether it is essential or not but still installed MySQL on that server and it is running fine.Now when I am trying to run the make command as a part of installation of Postfix, it reports the following error. # make ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrs0302
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

trying to install openssl-devel

Hi there, I am using redhat 7.3 and I am trying to install openssl-devel-0.9.6b-18.i386.rpm but I get the following error message when I try to install: error: failed dependencies: openssl = 0.9.6b-18 is needed by openssl-devel-0.9.6b-18 The thing that confuses me most is that when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhat_newb101
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Perl - How to uninstall? Will pkgrm uninstall all versions?

Hello, I'm working on a Solaris 9/Sparc machine and it has the Solaris 10 version of Perl (5.8.8) installed on it, which always requires all kinds of library files that Solaris 9 doesn't come with. I think the best way to do is to uninstall this wrong version and install the correct Solaris 9... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alanlh
1 Replies

5. Linux

glib-devel-2

Hi I want to install glib-devel-2.xx on suse 9 linux. I downloaded from below site, Index of /pub/gnome/sources/glib/2.24 and installed using normal configure,make,make install. Am I correct or something else is required? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
4 Replies

6. Programming

Yum install qt-devel qt-doc qt-creator qt5?

hi all, i use yum install qt-devel qt-doc qt-creator to install qt4 on fedora 20 what command line used to install qt5 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cetu
1 Replies
GPT-UNINSTALL(8)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  GPT-UNINSTALL(8)

NAME
gpt-uninstall - Uninstall any GPT package. SYNOPSIS
gpt-uninstall [--force --help -name ] pkgname-flavor-pkgtype DESCRIPTION
gpt-uninstall will uninstall a package from the system. OPTIONS
-force This will force actions to take place. -native Use native package manager (Only works with rpm). pkgname-flavor-pkgtype Expression describing the packages that should be removed. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -man Prints the manual page and exits. -version Prints the version of GPT and exits. EXAMPLES
gpt-uninstall -name=foo removes all flavors and package types with the name "foo". gpt-uninstall foo Also removes all flavors and package types with the name "foo". gpt-uninstall 'foo-*-*' A third way of typing the same uninstall. Note the single quotes. gpt-uninstall '*-noflavor-*' Remove all of the packages with a 'noflavor' build flavor. gpt-uninstall '*-*-*' Remove all packages. Note that files generated by gpt-postinstall will not be removed BUGS
Currently the flavor check that gpt-uninstall uses only works if the flavor is installed by gpt-build. And so for example: gpt-uninstall foo-gcc32-* will not work. The work around is to uninstall the packages individually using something like: gpt-uninstall -name=foo -flavor=gcc32 -pkgtype=pgm Or use a wild card for the flavor to uninstall all flavors of the package. gpt-uninstall foo-*-* SEE ALSO
gpt-install(8) gpt-query(8) gpt-verify(8) gpt-postinstall(8) AUTHOR
Michael Bletzinger <mbletzin.ncsa.uiuc.edu> and Eric Blau <eblau.ncsa.uiuc.edu> perl v5.14.2 2012-04-30 GPT-UNINSTALL(8)