Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Suggestion with script to cleanup Post 302805081 by aix_admin_007 on Thursday 9th of May 2013 03:35:59 PM
Old 05-09-2013
Suggestion with script to cleanup

I need help with sed and awk scripts to search for Symmetrix ID=000090009902 and then grep its child disk devices associated to the dead paths and display them only, so that those dead devices can be removed.

Code:
test01:/#powermt display dev=all
Pseudo name=hdiskpower0
Symmetrix ID=000090009902
Logical device ID=51D1
state=dead; policy=SymmOpt; priority=0; queued-IOs=0
==============================================================================
---------------- Host --------------- - Stor - -- I/O Path - -- Stats ---
### HW Path I/O Paths Interf. Mode State Q-IOs Errors
==============================================================================
3 fscsi3 hdisk13 FA 14cA active dead 0 1
0 fscsi0 hdisk1 FA 3cA active dead 0 1
1 fscsi1 hdisk5 FA 14cA active dead 0 1
2 fscsi2 hdisk9 FA 3cA active dead 0 3

Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh
#powermt display dev=all | grep -v 7698 | grep -e 9902 -e ID -e hdiskpower | sed s/name=//g | sed s/Pseudo//g
#powermt display dev=hdiskpower0 | grep -v ID | grep -v name | grep -v state | grep -v Path | sed s/-//g | awk '{print $3}'
# powermt check 
# rmdev –dRl hdiskpowerX
# rmdev –dRl hdiskX

Last edited by aix_admin_007; 05-17-2013 at 01:07 AM.. Reason: Formatting

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed/ksh script to cleanup /etc/group file

Many of my servers' /etc/group file have many userid's that does not exist in /etc/passwd file and they need to be deleted. This happened due to manual manipulation of /etc/passwd files. I need to do this for 40 servers. Can anyone help me in achieving this? Even reducing a step or two will be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdtak
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Cleanup Script

Hi Guys, I've got an system setup to act as an sftp server. I have a script that allows me to create chroot users running a custom shell within their home directory, it also creates a subdirectory that they can write into. I'm trying to write a script (that I can cron at a later date) that checks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: King_Brucie
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleanup script

Hi! I would like to write a script which remove some files, all beginning with the same prefix : prefix.1 doc/prefix.2 ../prefix.3 etc. So, I would create a file and chmod it executable. But I dont know how to pass a variable to a script. I would like to write something like ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tipi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggestions/cleanup Bash script

Hello, beginner bash scripter here.. I was able to write a script and it works just fine. I'm just wondering if someone could chime in or any suggestions to make it cleaner or tighter so to speak. I have a disk to disk backup solution which uses 250GB disks. When one gets full I just po in a new... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodson2
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Table Cleanup Script

I needed some help with a script to fetch and delete all records prior to 3 days from now connecting to sybase from sunos. I wrote the following script but not working..can someone please guide me with my code. Thanks #!/bin/ksh ##GET PREVIOUS DAY DATE dt=`date | awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe458
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pid.cleanup script.

Hi guys! I have a directory in the production environment from which i have to delete files older then 40 minutes with .pid extention. I wrote a script below for the purpose. #!/bin/bash # # Script to delete specific file older than N minutes. # OLDERTHAN="40" #40 minutes ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajid.shah
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Suggestion

I am trying to get output for fcs0 fcs1 side by side with "Date" "FCAdapter_Name" "Last Reset" "DMA_Res" "Adapter_Count" "Command_Res" for all the captured output in fcstat.out Am I missing any thing below, as its just showing same values all the coloums: #!/usr/bin/ksh head -30 fcstat.out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need Help suggestion for script...

Using the korn shell in ubuntu or fedora, I need to compare two forms, each from different files and do the following, form-1 is the dominant form and must be compared to form-2, if the value in field1 of form-1 matches exactly the pre-filled in value in field1 of form2 then I display 'already... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smth333
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script for cleanup

Hello, I need some help from unix guru's here..I am looking for some advanced level script to cleanup the directories and files from specific directories under a file system.. The folders are created under /opt/modules And under modules, there are multiple subfolders with the application... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mb525
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script suggestion

I have a file which looks like ant1 1,2,3,4 bat1 ant1 5,6,7,8 bat2 I would like to have an O/p as ant1 1 bat1 ant1 2 bat1 ant1 3 bat1 ant1 4 bat1 ant1 5 bat2 ant1 6 bat2 ant1 7 bat2 ant1 8 bat2 Is it possible. Thanks for any suggestion (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
9 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)