Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 9 - SSH 40 Second Delay Post 302804783 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 9th of May 2013 07:08:53 AM
Old 05-09-2013
I had a similar thought. But felt that nsswitch.conf could give us a clue where to start looking. --externally.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

trouble auto connecting ssh 3.6.1 (Solaris 8) to ssh 3.0.1 (Solaris 6)

I am currently setting up rdiff-backup to use ssh to connect and remotely backup and retrieve data. I am doing so by creating rsa keys for each server and copying the relevant key to the /.ssh folder on the relevant server. All seems to work well when severs running solaris 8 with ssh 3.6.1 are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: falklandtim
6 Replies

2. Solaris

ssh for solaris 8

Hi all, i need to run ssh for solaris 8 my server version is SunOS myserver 5.8 Generic_117350-25 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-880 wher i can get this? pls help Thanx n Regards/Ajay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajays
3 Replies

3. Linux

delay getting ssh login prompt

Hi, We currently have a problem on a centos server when i try to ssh to it there is a significant delay in getting a login prompt. What would be the steps in troubleshooting this issue? I have try to narrow down a possible network issue but cannot see anything obviously wrong in the routing table,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
4 Replies

4. Solaris

How to use SSH in Solaris 10?

Hi, I m new to Sun Solaris. I've only changed the PermitRootLogin from no to yes, so that I can login as root from Window vista by using Putty.exe. Then I can create new users and change password. Except the above configuration, i have do nothing to my SSH server. Am I need to generate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stacychiam
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 - ssh out ok, but ssh in not

Hi, It's a Solaris 10 zone. I can ssh to other systems without problems, but can not ssh to it (output attached). I don't think there is a firewall here. /etc/ipf/ipf.conf contains nothing. What could be the problem cause? Please help. Thank you in advance! sshclient$ ssh -v thiserver... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Delay after invalid SSH logon?

I am trying to configure a 4 second delay between failed login attempts on SSH. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris ssh client hangs when connecting to another Solaris machine

Got a strange problem. I have 4 Solaris servers all configured the same, Solaris 10 x86 update 10. When I try to ssh from one Solaris 10 server to another server ssh hangs. I have an identical server and when I try this everything works fine. The weird thing is if I am root on the server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Ssh logon delay

OS - Oracle Linux 5.6 and 6.3 (Oracle Linux is based on Red Hat). Background: I have several OL 5.6 virtual machines running under Virtual Box on my Win7 Pro desktop. Due to the way VBox handles networking through the network adapter it installs on the host OS, I build my vm's with 2 virtual... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
8 Replies

10. Solaris

SSH and telnet long delay to recieve prompt.

Hi guys. You'd have to excuse me a bit, as I'm a noob. I really try to avoid asking questions and do research for whatever linux issues that may arise. I am experiencing a long wait for the shell to come up when I ssh or telnet into a Sunos 5.10 environment. It takes 70 seconds to give me... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpenco
12 Replies
audit_user(4)							   File Formats 						     audit_user(4)

NAME
audit_user - per-user auditing data file SYNOPSIS
/etc/security/audit_user DESCRIPTION
audit_user is an access-restricted database that stores per-user auditing preselection data. You can use the audit_user file with other authorization sources, including the NIS map audit_user.byname and the NIS+ table audit_user. Programs use the getauusernam(3BSM) routines to access this information. The search order for multiple user audit information sources is specified in the /etc/nsswitch.conf file. See nsswitch.conf(4). The lookup follows the search order for passwd(4). The fields for each user entry are separated by colons (:). Each user is separated from the next by a newline. audit_user does not have general read permission. Each entry in the audit_user file has the form: username:always-audit-flags:never-audit-flags The fields are defined as follows: username User's login name. always-audit-flags Flags specifying event classes to always audit. never-audit-flags Flags specifying event classes to never audit. For a complete description of the audit flags and how to combine them, see audit_control(4). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using the audit_user File other:lo,am:io,cl fred:lo,ex,+fc,-fr,-fa:io,cl ethyl:lo,ex,nt:io,cl FILES
/etc/nsswitch.conf /etc/passwd /etc/security/audit_user ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability | See below | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The file format stability is evolving. The file content is unstable. SEE ALSO
bsmconv(1M), getauusernam(3BSM), audit_control(4), nsswitch.conf(4), passwd(4) NOTES
This functionality is available only if the Basic Security Module (BSM) has been enabled. See bsmconv(1M) for more information. SunOS 5.10 2 Jan 2003 audit_user(4)