Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Taking inputs on prompt
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Taking inputs on prompt Post 302804647 by Aditya.Gurgaon on Thursday 9th of May 2013 04:13:25 AM
Old 05-09-2013
Taking inputs on prompt

need a help to get a script:
Code:
bash # ./xx.sh
>> count

script will run the xx.sh and it will go to >> then run "count"
will get the result "567" and print it

Last edited by radoulov; 05-09-2013 at 06:23 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Inputs

Have tried the search, but nothing resembles what I'd like to accomplish. I am attempting to write a script that will allow the user to input a list of data at the command prompt, then the data is used by another script for processing. I am allowing the user a list of 10 members in order to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: douknownam
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inputs from a file

Hi, I have a shell script that has to taken inputs from a file say "Inputs". Now I take 2 inputs at a time. Suppose the Inputs file contains numbers like 2 3 4 5 Now I have a written a script for adding 2 numbers. When I run the script for first time 2 and 3 must be the inputs. When i run the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhil
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please give your inputs !!!!

I am trying to extract two fields from the output of ifconfig command on one of my sun server . The output looks like : root@e08k18:/tmp/test# ifconfig -a lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 ce0:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpatel786
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for numeric inputs

Hi All, How do i modify the below script such that if the input is numeric, it will give the numeric digit, else it will ouput "0" echo "xxx" | awk '/^+$/' (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup code with two inputs

Hi how can i backup files setrain size Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lio123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script for taking inputs from one script and storing them into a document.

Hi. I wanted to create a Perl script which can take the outputs of a Perl script as it's input and temporarily store them in a document. Need help. Thanks.:) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtatic
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Change the % prompt to - prompt in UNIX?

how to Change the % prompt to - prompt in unix :wall: ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 AM ---------- How To display the last modification time of any file in unix ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:40 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjiri sawant
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt

Hi, on sunfire v890 unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt, i have executed the command break. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking inputs for awk

Hi, i want to print 2nd column value with the below script. I need to take input of the string i need to search in that file and file name. How can i take these two as inputs? using read command? Getting error for below script. echo "enter SID" read SID echo "enter filename" read filename... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inputs argument for sh -c

I have doubts with the following command: % find "$1" -name "*.html" -print0 | sort -zn | xargs -r -0 -n 1 sh -c 'echo "Dumping file: $2" >> "$1"; w3m "$2" >> "$1" 2>&1 ' sh "$2" I have doubts in the input arguments value i.e. $0, $1, $2... Step by step: 1.- % find "$1" -name "*.html"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: puertas12
10 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)