Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to write a update query in perl script? Post 302804589 by Ramesh V Kumar on Thursday 9th of May 2013 12:18:20 AM
Old 05-09-2013
Oracle How to write a update query in perl script?

can any one suggest me on how to write a update query in perl script for Oracle database and also tell me abt how we can write a code for sending mails with report as attachment to appropriate persons?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script variable passed to Oracle query

Hi All, I pass a Perl script variable, whch is passed to a query to be prepared. But the problem is I have special character like '&' in this variable which are handled in a special way by the Oracle query parser. How do I get over this? my $cust_name='A&B'; my $sql="Select cust_short_name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to write a Perl script

Hello friends, I am having a awk script which does my goal , but I want to learn perl , after learning the basics in perl now I am trying to convert my nawk script to perl . Please help me to do some task in perl that I ve already did in nawk. Like I am facing some problem in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to find whether update query is successfull or not using Ksh Script

i have a script that performes an update operation. I just wanted to know whether that update statement is successfull or not. Below the script: #!/bin/ksh . $HOME/conf/systemProperties/EnvSetup.properties sqlplus -silent sie/da@edn.world <<END set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

run sql query via perl script

Hello, If I run this command on the server it works. # dbc "update config set radio_enabled = 0;" how can I execute the same command in perl. I have defined the dbc path. Can any one please correct the last line. #!/usr/bin/perl #database path $dbc='/opt/bin/psql -Userver... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to find, write, repeat...

I am a novice writing perl scripts so I'd appreciate any help you guys can offer. I have a list of 100 words in a file (words.txt) and I need to find them in a second file (data.txt). Whenever one of these words is found I need to write that line to a third file (out.txt) and then continue... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tgamble
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in executing select query from perl script

Hi, I have a perl snippet that call a select query with a bind variable,when i compile the script I'm unable to get the query output. The same query when i fire in sqlplus fetches few rows. The query takes bit time to fetch results in sqlplus. my $getaccts = $lda->prepare("select distinct ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a perl script to read and write the data

Hi, I have on Designdocument in that information is stored with in tabular format.I need Perlscript to read and write the datausing perl script? Regards, Ravi (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: toravi.pentaho
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to create/write into spreadsheet

Hi, I need help in debug following script. can somebody help....!!! #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use Spreadsheet::WriteExcel; # Create a new workbook called simple.xls and add a worksheet. my $workbook = Spreadsheet::WriteExcel->new('simple.xls'); my $worksheet =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chettyravi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write Perl Script to Get MQ Queue Depth?

Hi , I got the following script from internet to display queue depth using Perl Script. However, when I execute it , im getting following error. Can anyone shed light on what is going wrong? #!/usr/bin/perl ## 07/23/01 ## Depth Inquiry sample program. ## Arguments: ## Connects to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not able to write SQL query output in to .csv file with shell script.

I am trying to write SQL query output into a .csv file. But in the output columns are displaying in different lines instead of coming in one line. Main Code shell script: this is my code: #!/bin/bash file="db_detail.txt" . $file rm /batch/corpplan/bin/dan.csv... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepgoli53
6 Replies
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle - An oracle specific Handle object SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This module provides a subclass of DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle that compensates for some of the idiosyncrasies of Oracle. METHODS
Connect PARAMHASH: Driver, Database, Host, User, Password Takes a paramhash and connects to your DBI datasource. BuildDSN Customized version of "BuildDSN" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle method. Takes additional argument SID. Database argument used unless SID provided. Two forms of DSN are generated depending on whether Host defined or not: dbi:Oracle:sid=<SID>;host=...[;port=...] dbi:Oracle:<SID> Read details in documentation for DBD::Oracle module. Insert Takes a table name as the first argument and assumes that the rest of the arguments are an array of key-value pairs to be inserted. InsertFromSelect Customization of "InsertFromSelect" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. Unlike other DBs Oracle needs: o id generated from sequences for every new record. o query wrapping in parens. NOTE that on Oracle there is a limitation on the query. Every column in the result should have unique name or alias, for example the following query would generate "ORA-00918: column ambiguously defined" error: SELECT g.id, u.id FROM ... Solve with aliases: SELECT g.id AS group_id, u.id AS user_id FROM ... KnowsBLOBs Returns 1 if the current database supports inserts of BLOBs automatically. Returns undef if the current database must be informed of BLOBs for inserts. BLOBParams FIELD_NAME FIELD_TYPE Returns a hash ref for the bind_param call to identify BLOB types used by the current database for a particular column type. The current Oracle implementation only supports ORA_CLOB types(112). ApplyLimits STATEMENTREF ROWS_PER_PAGE FIRST_ROW takes an SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return ROWS_PER_PAGE starting with FIRST_ROW; DistinctQuery STATEMENTREF takes an incomplete SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return a DISTINCT result set. BinarySafeBLOBs Return undef, as Oracle doesn't support binary-safe CLOBS DatabaseVersion Returns value of ORA_OCI constant, see "Constants" in DBI. SimpleDateTimeFunctions Returns hash reference with specific date time functions of this database for "DateTimeFunction" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. ConvertTimezoneFunction Custom implementation of "ConvertTimezoneFunction" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. Use the following query to get list of timezones: SELECT tzname FROM v$timezone_names; Read Oracle's docs about timezone files: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/server.101/b10749/ch4datetime.htm#i1006667 AUTHOR
Jesse Vincent, jesse@fsck.com SEE ALSO
perl(1), DBIx::SearchBuilder perl v5.14.2 2011-09-21 DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle(3pm)