Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check age of the file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check age of the file Post 302804113 by balajesuri on Wednesday 8th of May 2013 04:51:03 AM
Old 05-08-2013
Read about the -mtime switch of the find command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find the File Age and wait for that...

Hi, I want to know my file is 1 hr 30 min old or not, If 1 hr 30 min old I will do some tasks in that file.. other wise I will wait to 1 hr 30 min and then do the tasks.. how to do it in Unix script? any idea? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check password age

Hi Guys, I hope one of you has already done this and is kind enough to share your script with me. I have a Solaris8 server that uses password aging for its local user accounts. I need a script that checks the age of the password and then sends the user an email if the password is about to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the age of a file in Minutes

KSH: Please lt me know how to find the age of a file in minutes(Based on last modified time). ie, if the file was modified 15 Minutes ago, the output should be 15 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hari_anj
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

file age

How can I count the age of the file (e.g. in minutes)? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jarmo.leppanen
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - AIX: get epoch time/age for a file?

Hi, (AIX 5.1) Is there any way to find the epoch timestamp for a file without having to use fancy perl (or similar) scripts? If anyone knows of a way to do this using just ksh commands it would be appreciated. (It also appears I don't have the stat command available). Alternatively is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: b0bbins
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify age of the file.

Hi all, I'm using SunOS. need to find age of the file in terms of seconds. The file name with its path will be given to the script as input. Any kinda help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankimmehta
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Find file age

Hi I can not say that i am new to perl but today i learned something new, i wanted to know age (last time file got modified) of file so i initially thought of using find -mtime command but when i googled it, i found perl solution for the same my $age = -M $ARGV ; print "$ARGV age is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determine file age in days?

I am using AIX 6.1 and would like to use a one line command to determine the age of a file in days. I would like to look at a specific file. I would like to use the command to run on a remote server (AIX 6.1) to return the age of a specific file in days. So if the file is 42 days old I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldman2
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Age of file in storage / disk

Hello all, Below is scripts to find the file following by: 30 days <- How many total file space within 30 days and not quantity 90 days 120 days 1 year From here also I can get data space to put on PIE Chart. Following this scripts can I do some enhance from this scripts like do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sheikh76
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Age of file

Hi All.. Is there any easy way to find out how many days older is file? for ex. fileA 20 days fileB 10 days I am currently on AIX, and there is no STAT command available in this environment. What are my options? Thanks Abhijeet R (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freakabhi
1 Replies
check_backuppc(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 check_backuppc(8)

NAME
check_backuppc - A Nagios plugin to monitor BackupPC SYNOPSIS
check_backuppc [options] DESCRIPTION
check_backuppc is a nagios plugin that reports on the status of BackupPC. By default, it monitors both archive and backup hosts for errors. OPTIONS
-a, --archive-only Only check the status of archive hosts. -b, --backup-only Only check the status of non-archive hosts. -s, --status-only Only check the status of the backups, omit connection failures that are less than $Conf{FullPeriod} old. -H, --hostname hostname Only check the specified host. Uses hostnames that BackupPC is configured to use, can be specified multiple times. -x, --exclude hostname Do not check the specified host. Uses hostnames that BackupPC is configured to use, can be specified multiple times. -w, --warning age The days old at which a failure is considered a warning, default 1. -c, --critical age The days old at which a failure is considered critical, default 8. -r, --reduce count The maximum number of failed hosts for which to reduce reported severity, default 0. -h, --help Show summary of options. NOTES
This plugin must be run on the same host and as the same user as BackupPC. An archive host only takes on a reported type of archive after its first archive run. EXAMPLES
/usr/local/lib/nagios/plugins/check_backuppc -r1 -w3 -c8 -b -x otter Check the status of all backup hosts except "otter". Warn if a failed backup is older than three days old, return critical if a failure is older than eight days old unless there is only a single failure. In that case, warn if the single failed backup is older than eight days. AUTHOR
Seneca Cunningham <tetragon@users.sourceforge.net> SEE ALSO
sudo(8). backuppc(8). check_backuppc(8)