Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To run a job for every one hour and ... Post 302804065 by vidyadhar85 on Wednesday 8th of May 2013 03:50:48 AM
Old 05-08-2013
Have you tried utilizing CRON job?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script on the hour but only for 30mins

Hi All, I want to run a script on the hour during a 24 - hour period; easy enough cron will take care of that..however I want the script to only run for only 30mins.. so with the script it knows its 30mins are up so exits. any ideas? Any help, greatly appericated. Thanking you all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zak
2 Replies

2. AIX

unable to run at job

Hi All, I m not able to run at job with normal user on AIX system os version is 5300-05-06. I am able to run at job only with root user. When I try to run at job with any other user I am getting error: at: you are not authorized to use at. Sorry. I checked at.deny file, it is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkatkade
4 Replies

3. Web Development

every hour and 24hour mid night cron job

I have 2 pages writing in php, and i want cron job to run the first page 'every hour' and the second page every '24hours in other words mid night'. am using cPanel i put this code on a text file 0 * * * * /home/axe/public_html/admin/viewmemstat.php 1>/dev/null 2>&1 and on the 'Command... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: francis123
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Run a job every hour without using crontab

Hi, Can anyone help me in finding how to run a specific job every hour without using crontab. Say for example i need to run a command ps -aux in the starting of every hour.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: glv
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run script automatically every 12 hour once?

Hi ! all, I have once script to remove temporary cache and temporary xml files looks like this, as it is taking more space, I would like to run automatically every 12 hour once, and then I want to receive some log as acknowledgement #!/bin/sh echo "Removing logs and temp files (typically... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a process continuously for an hour then stop?

Hi I have a shell script I would like to run it has to run twice a day every 5 seconds for an hour I can do this with cron but I was hoping there was an easier way. Is there a way to make a process sleep only at a certain time of day say between 1 and 2 pm? Or under certain conditions? Any help... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to be run every one hour

How can we run shell script every one hour. Anyone having code unit for this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run the script continously but mail once in 1 hour

Hi, I have a script written for monitoring the queue manager status continously. below is the script. QMGR=`dspmq | awk '{print $1}' | cut -f2 -d "(" | cut -f1 -d ")"` QMSTATUS=`dspmq | awk '{print $2}' | cut -f2 -d "(" | cut -f1 -d ")"` count=`dspmq | awk '{print $1}' | cut -f2 -d "(" | ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha M
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a job between times else run later

Hi guys, I have written a script that waits for a trigger file. Then checks the time of the trigger. if the trigger finished between 8pm and midnight then runs a job. else it waits till 1am then runs a different job. I am still very new to scripting so any suggestions to improve my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: twinion
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run ping command every hour in backgrond

Hi, I have a VPN tunnel. It is going down occasionally. I need to run "/usr/sbin/ping 172.xx.xx.xx.xx" and it give mes output "172.xx.xx.xx is alive" and immediately after that VPN tunnel comes up. Till we find permanent solution, I want this command to run in background, like every one hour.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
4 Replies
CRON(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   CRON(8)

NAME
cron - clock daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cron DESCRIPTION
Cron executes commands at specified dates and times according to the instructions in the files /etc/crontab and /etc/crontab.local. None, either one, or both of these files may be present. Since cron never exits, it should only be executed once. This is best done by running cron from the initialization process through the file /etc/rc; see init(8). The crontab files consist of lines of seven fields each. The fields are separated by spaces or tabs. The first five are integer patterns to specify: o minute (0-59) o hour (0-23) o day of the month (1-31) o month of the year (1-12) o day of the week (1-7 with 1 = Monday) Each of these patterns may contain: o a number in the range above o two numbers separated by a minus meaning a range inclusive o a list of numbers separated by commas meaning any of the numbers o an asterisk meaning all legal values The sixth field is a user name: the command will be run with that user's uid and permissions. The seventh field consists of all the text on a line following the sixth field, including spaces and tabs; this text is treated as a command which is executed by the Shell at the specified times. A percent character (``%'') in this field is translated to a new-line character. Both crontab files are checked by cron every minute, on the minute. FILES
/etc/crontab /etc/crontab.local 7th Edition October 23, 1996 CRON(8)